AmazonBasics Tear-Resistant Bath Towel Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: December 30, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bath Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bath Towel you should buy.
Update as November 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bath Towel for a detailed review of all the top bath towels.
In our analysis of 101 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Tear-Resistant Bath Towel Set, 3-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Towels Fluffy Soft & Absorbent These plush towels offer a lighter weight, fluffy softness, and quick absorbency, which means ultimate comfort and fast results when drying your hands and face after washing up or drying off after stepping out of a hot shower. Ideal for a home bathroom or as a set when sending the oldest kid off to college, these quick-dry towels bring convenience to the daily routine. Whether hung together in the bathroom or neatly folded and stacked in the closet, you can never have too many towels. 100% Cotton Made from 100-percent cotton, the three piece towel set not only feels soft to the touch and smooth against skin, but it also stands up over time, offering tear-resistant strength and long lasting durability. Machine Washable The towels can be machine washed then tossed in the dryer for easy care. Details 100% cotton Lightweight, soft, and absorbent Fast drying Machine Washable Towel Quick-Drying Unlike other towels that can feel cold and clammy, the AmazonBasics quick-dry towel set dries fast, making it a great choice for frequent use and busy households. Even more, the towels come in a choice of beautiful colors that integrate well with surrounding décor. AmazonBasics Fade-Resistant Towel Sets Pinzon Egyptian Cotton Towel Sets Pinzon Pima Cotton Towel Sets Pinzon Luxury Towels AmazonBasics Quick-Dry Towel Sets AmazonBasics Washcloths Pieces 6 4 or 6 6 1 3 24 or 60 Pack Weight (Grams) 500 600 580 820 400 380 Loop Construction Ring Spun Ring Spun Low Twist 2-Ply Zero Twist 1-Ply Material 100% Cotton 100% Cotton 100% Cotton 100% Cotton 100% Cotton 100% Cotton Available Colors 7 10 7 5 8 5 Linting Medium Medium Medium Medium Medium Medium Durability High High Medium High Medium Medium Absorbency High High Very High High High Medium Softness Medium Medium High Medium High Medium
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bath Towels
It’s a chilly winter morning, and you’re rushing to make it to work on time. You wash up in a nice warm shower and step out only to be hit with a cold, scratchy towel that leaks more water than it absorbs. Oof.
You don’t have to sing the Rough Towel Blues every time you step out of the shower. If you know how to shop for bath towels, you’ll turn every shower into a luxury experience.
You’ll obviously want your bath towel to be very absorbent, and 100% cotton towels will absorb the most water. However, sometimes pure cotton towels take a long time to dry. Cotton/polyester or cotton/rayon blends are a good choice if you’re looking for a quick-dry towel.
The softest towels are made with Egyptian or Pima cotton or regular cotton with a bit of rayon added. “Zero twist” cotton means that none of the cotton loops on the towel are twisted together, increasing surface area for a plusher, more absorbent towel. Towels often feel softer when you first purchase them because manufacturers cover them with a fabric softening finish. That finish wears off after a wash or two. Rely on the information about your towel’s construction, not its feel, when you’re buying.
Durability is key when you’re buying towels — you don’t want to have to buy another set a few months after your initial purchase! Heavier towels will last longer than lighter ones, and they’re also more absorbent. Towel weights are given in GSM, which stands for grams per square meter. Towels in the 500-700 GSM range are the sturdiest, but some brands go as high as 900 GSM.
Ring-spun cotton is also more durable than other kinds of cotton. “Ring-spun” means that the cotton loops on the towel are twisted tightly together, so the loops are strong and smooth. Towels with a high twist or towels with combed cotton (where the cotton is brushed to remove shorter fibers) are also more durable.
Check out our Tips & Advice for care and cleaning instructions that will help your towels last.
The Bath Towel Buying Guide
- You should always wash and dry your bath towels before you first use them. This will get rid of any coatings the manufacturer has placed on the towel and create better absorbency.
- Colored towels can bleed badly during their first few washes unless you choose a colorfast option. Wash them with like colors in warm water the first few times you throw them in the washing machine. You can use color-safe detergent or use half of your regular detergent with a half cup of white vinegar. This helps set your towel’s color.
- Wash and dry towels in a separate load from your other clothes and linens. You’ll need to use the hot water and the higher heat setting on your dryer cycle to successfully wash your towels, and that can shrink and damage your clothes.
- Make sure your towels are completely dry before you fold them up and place them in your linen closet. Damp towels are a breeding ground for mold.
- Wash your towels frequently. Every three to four days is ideal. Towels that are double-stitched are durable enough to withstand frequent washings.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide