Amazon Essentials Microfleece Sleep Sack, 2-Pack
Last updated date: March 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sleep Sacks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sleep Sack you should buy.
Editor's Note March 18, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sleep Sack for a detailed review of all the top sleep sacks.
You'll find this sleep sack set is a great choice during the cold winter months. It's made from a warm and cozy microfleece that's also high-quality and extremely durable. The sacks are even machine washable for ease of care.
In our analysis of 56 expert reviews, the Amazon Essentials Amazon Essentials Microfleece Sleep Sack, 2-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Cotton. Imported. Machine Wash. Sleep sacks in cozy microfleece keep your baby warm and cozy. Featuring front full zip closure. Everyday made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sleep Sacks
Among the many useful items you’ll purchase or be gifted at your baby shower are sleep sacks. Sleep sacks were designed with your infant’s safety in mind to help him or her drift off into a peaceful nap or nighttime slumber.
Safe-sleep expert, Kate Desmond, says sleep sacks are one parenting purchase you will not regret.
“Sleep sacks are the perfect and safe solution for parents looking to provide a little extra comfort or warmth for their sleeping baby,” she says. “We know that loose bedding is a major risk factor when it comes to infant sleep-related deaths. A sleep sack gives parents the ability to provide a cozy environment and warmth without the risk of a traditional blanket. “
You’ll find several different types of sleep sacks on the market, so it’s a good idea to do a little research before selecting one that would work the best for your newborn.
Start off looking for any awards or recommendations that let you know you’re buying a quality sleeper. For example, some brands are listed as the No. 1 trusted choice of hospitals that is used in hospital nurseries all over America. You also want them to be recognized as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. Many that have a roomy sack that doesn’t restrict a baby’s legs from moving around have this designation.
“Sleep sacks come in a variety of types with some offering swaddle arms or flaps and others more tank top-like armholes,” Desmond says. “The important thing to note when purchasing a sleep sack is your baby’s size and ability to roll. Once a baby is able to roll you definitely want to opt out of the swaddle variety and switch to the more traditional sleeveless sack.”
Be sure to check out the sleep sack design. Is it restrictive and frustrating, or is it snug in a way that promotes calm? Look for a sleep sack that was created with a patented design that allows your baby to self-soothe. When you place your baby in the sleeper, you’ll tuck his or her arms in the sack in an upward position, which is how newborns tend to place their arms when sleeping on their backs.
Determine if important safety standards were followed and whether the sleep sack has been tested to meet those standards. You won’t want the sleeper to have any toxins. It should be BPA and phthalate-free.
Can the sleep sack grow as your baby grows, or is it meant for just one stage of use? Some sleepers are only for swaddling, while others have removable shoulder snaps to allow for growth. Examine the zipper on the sleep sacks. Although any zipper will do, a reverse zipper is best because it allows for changing your newborn’s diaper without fully removing them from the sleeper. If you’re lucky, your baby will even sleep through the diaper change!
“Sleep sacks get bonus points with me if they have a double or reverse zipper,” Desmond says. “Changing a diaper from the bottom up, instead of top-down is a huge bonus in the middle of the night.”
Desmond advises that you read the washing instructions before tossing your baby’s sleep sack in the wash.
“I found that, when possible, air-drying or a low dryer setting can prevent shrinkage,” she says. “With a fairly hefty price tag, it would be a big bummer if baby outgrew the sack due to laundry error rather than a growth spurt.”
Desmond also advises that you pay close attention to fabrics and weights.
“Make sure when selecting one for your baby you consider the temperature inside your home,” she says. “During certain months, a lightweight muslin sleep sack and a onesie might be perfect. Other times of the year might require something a little more substantial, like a heavier fleece fabric.”
Fashion-conscious parents will be happy to know sleep sacks come in all different colors and designs these days, so you will be sure to find one that matches your taste.
The Sleep Sack Buying Guide
- Sleep sacks don’t need to be washed daily if they aren’t soiled from spit-up or a diaper leak. Instead, you can toss them in the wash once or twice a week when laundering your crib sheets.
- Always check the sleep sack’s tag for washing and drying instructions. Most can be tossed in the washing machine just fine, but require drying on low heat. Of course, you’ll also want to make sure you’re using a laundry detergent that is gentle on a baby’s skin. Find one that is free of dyes and perfumes, or use one that is specifically labeled for use on newborn clothing.
- It’s important to do all you can to prevent SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). The American Academy of Pediatrics has several recommendations that parents will want to follow to reduce the risk of SIDS. This includes placing baby on his or her back for the first year of life during nap and bedtimes, as well as using a firm sleep surface and stopping the use of swaddlers once the baby begins to roll over.
- Make sure you are choosing a sleep sack that is appropriate for the current climate. They do make sleep sacks that are thicker for colder winter months and sleepers that are made of lighter fabric for warmer summer months.
- Select a sleep sack based on your baby’s weight, not age. You don’t want the sleep sack to be too tight, which would not only be uncomfortable for your little one, but could also pose a danger. Additionally, you don’t want the sleep sack to be so loose that it doesn’t provide the calming benefit that helps your little one fall fast asleep.
- Look on the sleep sack packaging label to see what stage the sleeper is recommended for, so that you purchase one that matches the stage your baby is in. Stage 1 may be for swaddling, Stage 2 may be for transitioning out of swaddling and Stage 3 may be for independent sleeping.
- You’ll be pleased to discover that when it comes to price, there isn’t much deviation among the various sleep sacks. The Amazon Essentials Microfleece Sleep Sack, 2-Pack, which has the best overall ratings, is one of the most affordable brands. You’ll also find the TILLYOU Cotton 2-Way Zipper Sleep Sack meet expectations when it comes to quality and price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide