Amazon Basics Transparent PVC Plastic Backpack For School
Last updated date: June 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Backpacks For School and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Backpack For School you should buy.
Update as July 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Backpack For School for a detailed review of all the top backpacks for school.
In our analysis, the Amazon Basics Amazon Basics Transparent PVC Plastic Backpack For School placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Clear backpack for transporting school books and everyday gear; made of water-resistant PVC plastic. Completely transparent all around, including back and bottom—great for seeing inside and quickly finding what you need. Ruggedly reinforced shoulder straps for reliable strength when carrying heavier loads (Note: this backpack is NOT stadium approved). Mesh organizer in front pocket for storing pencils, pens, and more; exterior water-bottle holder. Dimensions: 17 x 7 x 13 inches (LxWxH).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Backpacks For School
Whether your child is just starting kindergarten or in their last year of high school, a good backpack is essential. This iconic school accessory comes in many designs and styles so that you can find one that fits your child’s tastes, age and size. You can choose from everything from simple backpacks in a solid color or character theme to an organizer backpack that comes with cool tech-related features.
You’ll want to first consider your child’s age and size to determine the right backpack size for their needs. If your kid is in elementary school, they can do fine with a smaller backpack since they’re less likely to need to bring home many heavy books for homework. But if you’ve got a middle schooler or high schooler, a larger backpack usually becomes necessary due to the heavier workload expected. However, this may not be true if your child’s school uses mostly electronic materials, so it’s good to know what the school recommends.
School backpack designs include both traditional and rolling styles. Traditional backpacks worn on the back are the most common for students and take up less space, but they do put more stress on the neck, shoulders and back. You can also find shoulder bags with a single strap. Backpacks with wheels, on the other hand, offer the benefit of being less demanding on your child’s body. However, they’re often too bulky to fit in a standard school locker and may not be allowed at some schools.
You can find school backpacks made of various materials. Plastic is a popular material for transparent backpacks, while nylon is a very popular fabric option. Plastic is easier to quickly clean, though both materials can offer durability. If you go with a nylon backpack, be aware it may not offer protection in the rain.
Take a look at the types and sizes of the compartments a backpack has. There will be a large open space inside that may be divided into compartments for items like notebooks, textbooks and folders. In addition, you’ll often get pockets on the front or sides to conveniently hold smaller school supplies like pens and calculators.
Comfort is also crucial for finding the best school backpack. First, you’ll want to check that the backpack is sized appropriately to fit your child. For example, the backpack shouldn’t be so big it falls below their waist. Second, pay attention to the straps to make sure they’re appropriately adjustable and won’t dig into your child’s shoulders. You should look for wider straps that have padding since these feel more comfortable, especially when the backpack gets heavy.
The Backpack For School Buying Guide
- Schools can have rules forbidding certain types of backpacks, so always check their policies before you make your purchase. For example, some schools require mesh or transparent backpacks for security reasons, while others don’t want students using backpacks with wheels. Other policies can dictate the color of the backpack and any logos or imagery on it.
- Appropriately adjust the backpack’s straps and hip belt for a good fit. The shoulder straps shouldn’t be too tight or too loose, and you’ll need to consider your child’s height as you make adjustments. In the end, the backpack should sit at your child’s middle back. In addition, make sure the hip belt sits at your child’s hips and is secure yet comfortable.
- Ideal for older children and teens, some school backpacks incorporate technology ports so that one can charge devices like phones and tablets or listen to music through connected headphones. If you opt for one of these, check whether the power bank needs to be purchased separately to avoid inconvenience.
- If your child uses a laptop for school and regularly brings it home, consider a backpack with a special laptop holder inside with padding to offer protection during transportation.
- Don’t forget to consider the backpack’s quality since you’ll want it to last through the current school year and beyond. This means checking for issues like poor stitching, flimsy fabric and exposed zippers. A good backpack for school will feature durable fabric, flaps to protect zippers and strong straps. You might consider looking for backpacks that resist water and stains to get better durability as well.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide