Amazon Basics Reversible Machine Washable Sherpa Blanket
Last updated date: September 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as September 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best Sherpa Blanket To Stay Cozy On Cold Nights for a detailed review of all the top .
Elegant is the best word to describe this Sherpa blanket. It's completely reversible with one side made from a polyester Sherpa and the other side a micro-mink. You can get the blanket in sizes ranging from a small throw to a large king.
In our analysis, the Amazon Basics Amazon Basics Reversible Machine Washable Sherpa Blanket placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polyester. Imported. Reversible blanket with polyester sherpa and micromink sides. Can be used as a bedspread or throw. Can be used in all seasons. Wrinkle-resistant material that deflects lint and pet hair. Machine washable.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Long ago, staying warm during the cold winter months required animal skins — usually the skin of sheep, known as shearling. A shearling’s skin has suede material on one side and soft wool on the other.
But today’s man-made fabrics can accomplish the same results without using animals. Sherpa fabric is made from polyester, acrylic or cotton and manufactured in a way that makes it very similar to shearling skin. Sherpa, named for wool-lined clothing worn by Nepal’s Sherpa population, is often combined with other fabrics to create a warm, soft inner lining and a tough, weather-resistant outer shell.
Sherpa blankets follow the same basic premise of a sheepskin blanket: One side is a smooth, suede-like material while the other side looks and feels like sheep’s wool. The material is perfect for throw blankets to use in your living room or bedroom because one side is attractive and suede-like while the other side is soft and cozy.
And there are plenty of blankets that play on the Sherpa design. You’ll find some made mostly from polyester that offer the softness you expect from a Sherpa throw while having a more uniform look on both sides. It all comes down to personal preference.
The Buying Guide
- The quality of blankets is often measured in GSM. This stands for grams per square meter, referring to the amount of fiber used in the manufacturing of the blanket. The higher the GSM count, the thicker and warmer it will be.
- Sherpa blankets come in a variety of sizes. If you’re looking for a throw to use while watching TV at night, one that’s 50 inches to 65 inches in length and width should do. But for a king-size bed, you’ll need one nearly double that size if you want it to stretch the full length and width of your mattress. Blankets designed to be used on a bed are typically labeled for the bed size that they fit.
- Machine washability can vary from one blanket to another. While most of them will let you wash with cold water and tumble dry, for best results, hang your throw to dry after washing it.
- If you plan to wash and dry your blanket, shrinking can be a problem. Look for a blanket that’s shrink-resistant.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide