Amazon Basics Home Keypad Document Safe
Last updated date: April 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Document Safes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Document Safe you should buy.
Update as April 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Document Safe for a detailed review of all the top document safes.
This roomy safe has plenty of space for all your valuables, with a size of 13.8 by 13 by 16.5 inches. The door is 8-gauge-thick steel and the body is 14-gauge-thick steel to resist damage, but it is not fire- or water-resistant. The hinges and bolts on the door keep it from being forced open.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Amazon Basics Home Keypad Document Safe placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
1.52-cubic-foot home safe for storing important documents, jewelry, and other valuables. Programmable electronic keypad ensures secure, easy operation; back-up key for emergency use. Heavy-duty carbon-steel construction (8-gauge steel door and 14-gauge steel body); 2 live-door bolts and pry-resistant concealed hinges for superior security. Includes pre-drilled mounting holes and hardware for floor and wall mounting. Exterior measures 13.8 by 13 by 16.5 inches (L x W x H); interior space measures 13.6 by 10.6 by 16.4 inches (L x W x H); backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Document Safes
If your home suffered a break-in, fire or flood, what items would you miss most? Your furniture and electronics can be replaced, but what about the many priceless items you own? If you suffer a home loss, you’ll probably care most about things like family photos, birth and marriage certificates and jewelry.
A good safe can help protect those precious items. You can store your valuables inside and lock it, keeping them protected from others in the household or intruders. Some safes come with keypads that let you input a code for entry, while others use key-based locks. Either way, make sure the door can’t be pried open by someone who’s really determined to get in.
If you want to protect against fire and flood, though, you need to look for a safe that’s rated to withstand those extremes. There’s a limit to how long any safe can hold up against extreme temperatures or moisture. Safes will be rated to handle up to a certain temperature for a maximum time limit and/or immersion in water up to a certain level for a specific amount of time. That means if your home does go through such an unexpected disaster, you’ll need to get the documents to safety as soon as you can.
The Document Safe Buying Guide
- Document safes come in a variety of sizes. Some are great for storing smaller items like certifications and passports, while others have enough room for hanging file folders filled with documents.
- Some safes are more lightweight than others and even include a handle for easy carrying. This can make it easier to take it on the go with you.
- Even if your safe is rated for water protection, you can safeguard against water damage by storing it above floor level. If your home does flood due to a natural disaster or an appliance malfunction, your documents will hopefully be above the water.
- Some safes can be mounted on a wall. This is a great way to keep your items protected in a closet or other storage area.
- If you’re storing important items like extra credit cards and passports, a safe with compartments can make it easier to keep things organized.
- If your safe locks using a key, make sure it comes with a spare. Also have a plan to hide those keys in a place where you can find them. Tell someone you trust exactly where that key can be found in case something happens to you.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide