Amazon Basics AA High-Performance Alkaline Batteries, 20-Pack
Last updated date: November 16, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top AA Batteries and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best AA Battery you should buy.
Update as December 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best AA Batteries for a detailed review of all the top aa batteries.
You can store these AA batteries for up to 10 years. They have an air- and liquid-tight seal that locks in power. The batteries are great for clocks, cameras and flashlights.
In our analysis, the Amazon Basics Amazon Basics AA High-Performance Alkaline Batteries, 20-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AA 1.5-volt performance alkaline batteries for reliable performance across a wide range of devices. 10-year leak-free shelf life; Air- and liquid-tight seal locks in the power until it’s needed, thanks to the improved design, which includes dual crimps, a new zinc composition, and anti-corrosion components. Delivers the amount of power needed for a specific device; Ideal for game controllers, toys, flashlights, digital cameras, clocks, and more. Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging. Note: these batteries are not rechargeable. For reusable options, check out AmazonBasics rechargeable batteries. Same product, new look. Appearance of batteries you receive may vary.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On AA Batteries
From remote controls to children’s’ toys to smoke alarms and many other things around your home, the best AA batteries ensure everything runs smoothly. When you rely so heavily on batteries around your home, how do you know which ones to buy? When looking for batteries, it’s important to get ones which will last for a long time without breaking the bank.
There are two main types of AA batteries you’ll find on the market: lithium and alkaline. Lithium batteries have excellent performance ratings; however, they are usually higher in cost than their counterparts. Lithium offers higher stability and less power loss, which makes them ideal for using in items that are hard to reach or access. This kind of battery also doesn’t leak a corrosive liquid over time.
Alkaline batteries, on the other hand, are more cost effective than lithium ones. However, this type of battery typically has some leakage over time. Alkaline batteries are best for low-drain devices like toys, clocks and flashlights. Just know that they don’t last as long as lithium and you may find that you have to change these batteries quite often. Before choosing which type of batteries to get, consider what devices they are going to be used for.
The AA Battery Buying Guide
- AA batteries are available in different package sizes. You can find small packages of two to four batteries, large packages with 48 or 72 batteries and every size in between. If you do not need to use them right away, be sure to store your extra batteries in a cool, dry place.
- Whenever you’re placing new batteries in an object, remember to wipe the contact surfaces of the battery compartment clean with a pencil eraser or cloth. This will remove any residue from the previous batteris.
- If you won’t be using the device for a few months, try to remember to remove the batteries from the battery compartment. This will help them last longer and can help you avoid messy leaks.
- You may be tempted to mix battery brands, types or ages. However, always use the same kind of batteries in a device that calls for more than one battery.
- Alkaline batteries are prone to leakage after some time. If the fluid from a battery gets on your skin, immediately rinse well with cold water and then speak with your doctor.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide