Amazon Basics 4K HDMI 5-Port Switch
Last updated date: June 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top HDMI Switches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HDMI Switch you should buy.
Update as January 21, 2023:
Checkout The Best HDMI Switch for a detailed review of all the top hdmi switches.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Amazon Basics 4K HDMI 5-Port Switch placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
HDMI Switch: 5 HDMI ports input and 1 HDMI port output connected to HDTV. Compatible with video game systems, media players, computers, televisions and more. Compatibility : HDCP compliant, support Output HDMI 1.4b. Input support: Computer, PS4, Xbox, Blu-ray DVD player, STB etc. Output support: projectors, Full HDTVs, Apple TV, monitor, etc. Delivers vibrant 4k @ 30Hz picture resolution. Includes USB cable (power only) and remote control for auto-switching between platforms. Supports audio and video, HDMI Cable sold separately.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HDMI Switches
Have you ever had to remove an electronic device that was plugged into your TV and replace it with another one simply because you didn’t have enough HDMI ports? Not only is it annoying to have to do this, but it can also limit your use of devices and negatively impact your TV experience. The solution? An HDMI switch, which is also sometimes called an HDMI switcher. These handy gadgets enable you to plug in multiple devices into a single HDMI port.
There are plenty of options available when it comes to HDMI switches, and it can be hard to figure out which one has the specs you need. The first thing to look at is how many HDMI ports you require versus how many HDMI ports you currently have. Add up the number of HDMI ports available on your TV and count the number of electronics you want to plug in. This will help you figure out what kind of HDMI switch you need. For example, if you have two extra devices, then opt for an HDMI switch with two or more ports. You can typically find HDMI switches with two, three, four or five ports. Some HDMI switches go up to eight input ports.
The HDMI Switch Buying Guide
- Some HDMI switches are manual, which means that you have to push a button on the switch to indicate which port should be active. Automatic HDMI switches can be more convenient because they will sense which device is powered on and use that one, but they don’t always have seamless operation.
- While you should not experience a drop in quality unless something is wrong with your switch, you don’t want to be viewing low-resolution images as a result of adding an HDMI switch. So, if your TV supports 4K resolution then you’ll want to get an HDMI switch that also supports 4K. Keep in mind that this option is sometimes costly. Many HDMI switches can support 360p, 720p and 1080p.
- If you are plugging in video game consoles, note the refresh rate of your HDMI switch, which may be listed as 30 or 60 Hz. This refers to the number of times the frame refreshes every second, and for gamers this can be an important consideration. Current-generation consoles have games that utilize 60 Hz, so you’ll want to get an HDMI switch that can handle this.
- If you want to connect wireless devices, opt for an HDMI switch with wireless capacity. Some HDMI switches can support both wired and wireless devices at the same time.
- Keep in mind that an HDMI splitter is not the same as an HDMI switch. A splitter has one input and multiple outputs, while a switch has multiple inputs and one output.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide