Amazing Grass Organic Protein Powder
Last updated date: May 28, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Proteins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Protein you should buy.
In our analysis of 55 expert reviews, the Amazing Grass Amazing Grass Organic Protein Powder placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Organic Protein for a detailed review of all the top organic proteins.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Protein Superfood Peanut Butter is an organic, all-in-one nutritional protein shake that thoughtfully combines our farm fresh greens with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies plus plant-based protein from organic pea, chia, hemp and quinoa. Each serving contains 20g of complete protein, 7 alkalizing greens and 2 full servings of fruits and veggies to promote lean muscle, satisfy hunger and provide nourishing energy. With a smooth flavor and satisfying texture, this superfood combo is a convenient way to get the whole food nutrition your body needs with an amazing flavor your taste buds will love. At Amazing Grass our roots run deep...Back to our family farm in Kansas, where for over 3 generations Amazing Grass has organically grown & harvested the most nutrient-dense greens on earth. Today, we thoughtfully craft our greens with the highest quality, plant-based ingredients curated from like-minded farmers from around the world. Amazing Grass products are a delicious way to nourish your body with the whole food nutrition it needs to feel amazing every day.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Proteins
Protein is an essential part of every human’s diet. Not only does it help build muscle, but it’s also important for boosting your immune system and burning off excess fat and calories. It even works to keep you fuller for a longer period of time, which can help prevent overeating.
Individuals looking to boost their protein intake can do so with organic protein powder. This versatile product can be mixed in with your morning oatmeal, added to your favorite smoothie or baked into a muffin. Before choosing a protein powder, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
First, you’ll need to choose a protein base. The powder may be based on whey, casein, soy, hemp, egg or plant-based proteins. If you have certain dietary restrictions, this information is important. For example, individuals who are lactose intolerant will need to avoid whey and casein-based proteins, as they are derived from milk.
Next, look for the amount of protein in grams. Some organic protein powders offer a higher protein content than others.
Sugar isn’t good for any diet, so you’ll want to search the product label to determine the amount of sugar in the protein powder. Optimum Nutrition Organic Protein Powder, for example, has just 1 gram. These low sugar amounts are ideal.
Some organic protein powders are designed for specific groups of people. Check to see if the product you’re interested in will meet your needs. You may notice one brand is made for sport and workout enthusiasts, while another caters to vegans. There are also keto-friendly and gluten-free protein powders.
Lastly, when buying organic protein powders, you’ll discover they come in a wide range of flavors. Keep this in mind if you plan on mixing the powder with another food. A few popular flavors include chocolate, berry, mocha and vanilla.
DWYM Fun Fact
While the exact number of proteins in the human body is unknown, experts estimate the figure is likely over 2 million. With so many proteins to name, you’re bound to come across a few that really make you chuckle. Did you know your body actually contains a protein called Sonic Hedgehog? There’s also Pikachurin, which got its name from the famous Pikachu character on Pokemon. And let’s not forget Ranasmurfin, which is so blue that it was named after the Smurfs. A few others hilariously named proteins that are sure to make you laugh: Bambi, Yippee-Like 3 and Spock1.
The Organic Protein Buying Guide
- Check to see if the organic protein powder comes with any certifications. Look for things “certified vegan,” “USDA Organic certified,” “Informed Choice certified” or “Non-GMO Project verified.” These are good indications that you’re buying a quality product.
- Always read the product label thoroughly, and be on the lookout for artificial flavors, colors and sweeteners. Sticking to all-natural flavors, colors and sweeteners is better for your body.
- It’s always a good idea to go over your eating plan with your doctor or nutritionist. Some organic protein powders have added vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements. If you’re already taking supplements, you may end up consuming more than the recommended daily dose. Additionally, some herbs interact negatively with certain medications, so it’s important to get the okay from your doctor if you take any prescription drugs.
- Always store your organic protein powder in its original container in a cool dry location. Moisture will cause the powder to spoil before the expiration date listed on the product packaging.
- Also, you’ll want to pay attention to the expiration date and use the protein powder up before the expiration date expires. The protein powder will lose its potency the longer it sits on your shelf. That means you won’t get the maximum benefits that you’re expecting.
- When determining if an organic protein powder is a good buy, you’ll need to divide the cost by the number of servings in the container. No matter how large the container, you’re sure to find a protein powder that fits your needs and your budget.