Amazing Grass Organic Protein Powder
Last updated date: May 28, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Proteins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Protein you should buy.
Update as November 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Organic Protein for a detailed review of all the top organic proteins.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Amazing Grass Organic Protein Powder placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Protein Superfood Peanut Butter is an organic, all-in-one nutritional protein shake that thoughtfully combines our farm fresh greens with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies plus plant-based protein from organic pea, chia, hemp and quinoa. Each serving contains 20g of complete protein, 7 alkalizing greens and 2 full servings of fruits and veggies to promote lean muscle, satisfy hunger and provide nourishing energy. With a smooth flavor and satisfying texture, this superfood combo is a convenient way to get the whole food nutrition your body needs with an amazing flavor your taste buds will love. At Amazing Grass our roots run deep...Back to our family farm in Kansas, where for over 3 generations Amazing Grass has organically grown & harvested the most nutrient-dense greens on earth. Today, we thoughtfully craft our greens with the highest quality, plant-based ingredients curated from like-minded farmers from around the world. Amazing Grass products are a delicious way to nourish your body with the whole food nutrition it needs to feel amazing every day.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Proteins
Protein is an essential part of every human’s diet. Not only does it help build muscle, but it’s also important for boosting your immune system and burning off excess fat and calories. It even works to keep you fuller for a longer period of time, which can help prevent overeating.
Individuals looking to boost their protein intake can do so with organic protein powder. This versatile product can be mixed in with your morning oatmeal, added to your favorite smoothie or baked into a muffin. Before choosing a protein powder, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
First, you’ll need to choose a protein base. The powder may be based on whey, casein, soy, hemp, egg or plant-based proteins. If you have certain dietary restrictions, this information is important. For example, individuals who are lactose intolerant will need to avoid whey and casein-based proteins, as they are derived from milk.
Next, look for the amount of protein in grams. Some organic protein powders offer a higher protein content than others.
Sugar isn’t good for any diet, so you’ll want to search the product label to determine the amount of sugar in the protein powder. Optimum Nutrition Organic Protein Powder, for example, has just 1 gram. These low sugar amounts are ideal.
Some organic protein powders are designed for specific groups of people. Check to see if the product you’re interested in will meet your needs. You may notice one brand is made for sport and workout enthusiasts, while another caters to vegans. There are also keto-friendly and gluten-free protein powders.
Lastly, when buying organic protein powders, you’ll discover they come in a wide range of flavors. Keep this in mind if you plan on mixing the powder with another food. A few popular flavors include chocolate, berry, mocha and vanilla.
The Organic Protein Buying Guide
- Check to see if the organic protein powder comes with any certifications. Look for things “certified vegan,” “USDA Organic certified,” “Informed Choice certified” or “Non-GMO Project verified.” These are good indications that you’re buying a quality product.
- Always read the product label thoroughly, and be on the lookout for artificial flavors, colors and sweeteners. Sticking to all-natural flavors, colors and sweeteners is better for your body.
- It’s always a good idea to go over your eating plan with your doctor or nutritionist. Some organic protein powders have added vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements. If you’re already taking supplements, you may end up consuming more than the recommended daily dose. Additionally, some herbs interact negatively with certain medications, so it’s important to get the okay from your doctor if you take any prescription drugs.
- Always store your organic protein powder in its original container in a cool dry location. Moisture will cause the powder to spoil before the expiration date listed on the product packaging.
- Also, you’ll want to pay attention to the expiration date and use the protein powder up before the expiration date expires. The protein powder will lose its potency the longer it sits on your shelf. That means you won’t get the maximum benefits that you’re expecting.
- When determining if an organic protein powder is a good buy, you’ll need to divide the cost by the number of servings in the container. No matter how large the container, you’re sure to find a protein powder that fits your needs and your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide