Alpine Swiss Ribbed-Elastic Dress Socks For Men, 6-Pair
Last updated date: November 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dress Socks For Men and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dress Sock For Men you should buy.
Update as January 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Dress Socks For Men for a detailed review of all the top dress socks for men.
In our analysis, the Alpine Swiss Alpine Swiss Ribbed-Elastic Dress Socks For Men, 6-Pair placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
73% Cotton, 26% Polyester, 1% Elastane. Machine Wash VARIETY – Our stylish Alpine Swiss 6 pack dress socks come in a great range of colors that fit a variety of different styles. From classic muted colors and argyle, to fun bright colors and patterns, we have the ideal pack to elevate any outfit. COMFORTABLE & BREATHABLE – Ribbed elastic and quality cotton provide breathable and comfortable socks that hug your feet. ONE SIZE FITS MOST – Securely fits men’s shoe sizes 6-12 (sock size 10-13). The ribbed elastic goes up past the ankles for a classic crew length dress sock updated in modern colors and patterns. MACHINE WASHABLE – Material breakdown: 73% Cotton, 26% Polyester, 1% Elastane. Easy care and maintenance so you can put these in the washing machine worry-free. GREAT VALUE GIFT – Treat yourself to a great selection of socks or give the gift of style that’s appropriate for anyone on any special occasion!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dress Socks For Men
As useful and versatile as casual socks can be, sometimes you need a pair of dress socks. If you’re wearing dress pants or even khakis, a more formal pair of socks is likely in order.
But finding a good pair of traditional dress socks can be a struggle. They tend to be made from thinner knits, which means you might not find them as durable as your thicker casual socks. And despite that thinner design, they also might not have the breathability you need.
A little searching can help you find the features you want while still ensuring you look professional or more formal when needed. First, there’s the material. Manufacturers today tend to use a polyester-cotton blend that gives you both durability and a lightweight, comfortable feel. Some even pack in more advanced features like moisture-wicking and odor-battling fabric.
Length is also an important feature. Most men’s dress socks come in either calf- or knee-length. If your calf-length socks tend to drift downward, you might want to try a knee-length option. Whatever length you choose, make sure the elastic band is strong enough to hold your socks in place.
Color is another consideration. Black is always a safe choice, but if you ever wear tan, navy or brown shoes and pants, you’ll find you need something aside from black in your sock drawer. Make sure you have at least a couple of pairs of dress socks in every color you might need for the dress pants and shoes in your closet.
Bold, unique patterned socks have become a big trend. This may work well in some environments, but go for muted patterns if you want to play it safe. You should also make sure you have solids for when you need something that doesn’t distract.
The Dress Sock For Men Buying Guide
- Foot odor is a relatively common issue, and it can be worse if you spend your day in socks and shoes. To battle the problem, start by keeping your feet clean, but you can also change your socks frequently and go barefoot when you’re hanging out at home. You also may be able to find odor-resistant socks that will help.
- Your socks usually remain safely tucked away behind your pants. But keep in mind that there could be an occasion where you have to unexpectedly remove your shoes. You might end up in a client’s home, for instance, or your lunch at a new restaurant may require shoe removal. Make sure your socks are in good shape and replace any with holes, just in case you find yourself shoeless.
- Socks are often sold in multiples. You can get a good deal by buying five or more sets at once. If you have multiple pairs of identical socks, you’ll also save time trying to match pairs after laundering.
- Holes most commonly form in the toe and heel area of a sock. For this reason, manufacturers now sometimes reinforce those two spots. This can extend the life of a pair of socks, saving you money over the long haul.
- Consider the shoes you’ll typically wear with your dress socks. Thicker socks can provide additional support when you’re wearing those less-supportive dress shoes, but with better shoes, you might want to look for a lighter, thinner sock that keeps your feet cool.
- Moisture-wicking material can make a big difference in absorbing sweat throughout the day. This will help keep your feet dry, preventing issues and keeping you comfortable.
- If you go from work to the gym or vice versa, keep in mind that the best socks for working out aren’t the same as the type of socks you’d wear for work. This is especially true if you engage in activities like running since thin socks can cause friction between your foot and your shoe, leading to blisters.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide