Almay Hypoallergenic Fragrance-Free Liquid Foundation
Last updated date: June 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Liquid Foundations and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Liquid Foundation you should buy.
Update as July 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Liquid Foundation for a detailed review of all the top liquid foundations.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Almay Hypoallergenic Fragrance-Free Liquid Foundation placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Almay’s liquid foundation formula instantly transforms from a white cream to your ideal shade as you smooth it on—that’s the magic of our technology. Almay’s Tonemimic technology uses tiny spheres that break open and release pigment as you blend them over your skin. 6 shades of natural-looking, streak-free, medium-coverage foundation with a luminous glow that builds, so you get the exact coverage you want from this liquid base. Smart Shade foundation has SPF 15 broad-spectrum protection. As always, dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, fragrance free, clean, and cruelty free.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Liquid Foundations
If you’re looking for that picture-perfect flawless skin, having some foundation in your makeup bag is always a good idea. However, there are so many options when it comes to foundation, it can hard to know where to even start.
If you have dry skin, liquid foundation is your friend. This product has a creamy consistency which will moisturize your skin while you wear it. It’s also easy to get more coverage with a liquid foundation than with other types such as powders or sticks. If you have oily skin, you can still use liquid foundation, but it’s best to look for an oil-free option. This way, you won’t end up with a greasy look.
The most important – and arguably difficult – part of selecting liquid foundation is choosing the right shade. Going too dark or too light will not look good and will actually stand out on your face, which isn’t the look you want to achieve with foundation. To test different shades, many people think it’s best to apply it to your forearms to see if it matches. However, for many people, their forearms are actually a lot darker than their faces because they are more exposed to the sun. Instead of trying the foundation on your forearm, try it out on your inner wrist or even your chest. If you want to test the foundation color on your face, apply a small amount to the center of your face and then blend it out on your cheeks. Make sure to test out the foundation in good lighting that is natural so you can ensure you’re seeing the color correctly.
The Liquid Foundation Buying Guide
- Did you choose a foundation color that is too light for your skin? You can combine it with a little bit of bronzer to darker it up. If the foundation is too dark for your skin, mix it with a little bit of moisturizer to lighten it up.
- In addition to getting the shade right, it’s important to match the liquid foundation to your undertones. If you have a warm complexion, you likely have a yellow undertone. If you have a cool complexion, then you likely have a pink undertone. If your skin tone is more on the neutral end, you can use a yellow undertone liquid foundation as well.
- When choosing the coverage level you need, consider what kind of look you prefer. For example, if you don’t like wearing a lot of makeup and prefer a natural look, then you’re going to want sheer coverage liquid foundation. This type of foundation is also easy to build upon. If you want liquid foundation that will last all day without requiring touch-ups and covers acne and discoloration, then opt for full coverage.
- Not sure which finish you need? It can depend on your skin type. If you have normal to dry skin, opt for a foundation with a dewy finish. If you have oily skin, opt for a matte finish. For mature skin, choose a satin finish.
- If you tan easily, then you’re probably going to want to choose several liquid foundations and use them based on the season you’re in. For example, in the spring and summer months, you may want to choose a darker liquid foundation and use a lighter one in the fall and winter months.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide