Alien Pros Absorbent Golf Grip Tape, 3-Pack
Last updated date: April 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Golf Grip Tape and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Golf Grip Tape you should buy.
Update as May 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Golf Grip Tape for a detailed review of all the top golf grip tape.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Alien Pros Absorbent Golf Grip Tape, 3-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THE HASSLE OF REGRIPPING IS FINALLY OVER: With Alien Pros Golf Grip Wrapping Tapes, you can simply peel, wrap and seal, no solvent or kit needed. You can regrip anytime anywhere you want. No more shop visiting needed. In less than a minute, you will have a brand new, functional golf club grip with the style of your choice. GOES ON TOP OF THE EXISTING GRIP. FEEL IT AND ROCK IT : A new regripping solution proved by thousands of golf players all over the world. You may play wearing no gloves because your new grip is sweat abosorbent and anti-slip. It also works in all weather conditions and last a significant length of time. LOVE IT OR HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK at Alien Pros we strive to be the best gripping solution in the Galaxy, simply if you are not 101% satisfied with your product let us know and we’ll make it right for you. SHOW OFF YOUR UNIQUE STYLE: Tired of all golf club looking the same? With our products, you can choose a fresh new club style that speaks who you are. If you ever change your mind, simply regrip by yourself anytime and anywhere! PACK OF 3, WORKS FOR ALL CLUBS AND SIZE: contains 3 golf grip wrapping tapes of the pattern specified in the picture. It is 1 inch wide, 47.2 inches long, 0.04 inches thick. Each grip is made of highly absorbent and ultra light material, working for all clubs and sizes – simply adjust the overlay part when wrapping to control the length and thickness of your grip.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Golf Grip Tape
Golf grip tape helps ensure you have a strong grip on your clubs. It reduces slipping, increases comfort and enhances your performance. If you’re a regular golfer, experts say you should change out your grip tape every year or every 40 rounds. Regripping helps combat the effects of wear from heat, dirt, and oils that transfer to the club from your hands.
You can have a pro shop regrip your clubs for you, but this is an easy and inexpensive DIY. There are many different types of golf grip tape available on the market, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
Solvent-based golf grip tape is one of the most common varieties. The tape requires the application of lubricant to adhere properly. It may come with the chemical solvent either already on the material or in a bottle. However, you may have to purchase solvent separately as well. It’ll evaporate once used, leaving the tape securely bonded to the end of the shaft. The solvent takes a few hours to dry before you can use the club.
Another variety is water-based grip tape. Instead of using a solvent, you have to use a mixture of dishwashing soap and water to set the tape. This kind of application typically takes over 24 hours to dry before you can use your club.
Newer varieties of golf grip tape don’t require any solvent or water-based application at all. Some of these are as easy as peel and stick, and can be used right away after applying. This is a quick and convenient option.
The Golf Grip Tape Buying Guide
- Consider the size of the golf grip tape you need and whether individual strips or a roll of tape is best for you. Individual strips are pre-cut to a specific length and are ideal if you are only applying them to a few clubs. If you’re using the tape for many clubs or numerous other people, then opt for a roll of golf grip tape instead.
- Golf tape comes in two widths — 3/4 inch and 2-inch. With 3/4-inch tape you’ll spiral-wrap the tape down the length of your shaft, leaving gaps. Two-inch tape, designed to be applied lengthwise, provides a bit of overlap. However, you’ll find some tape advertised as 2-inch but which actually comes in at slightly less than that (look for a more exact measurement in millimeters), which may be a better fit for your golf clubs depending on what you want.
- There are many alternate suggestions for golf grip tape, including masking tape, painter’s tape and duct tape. It’s best to stick with the right tool for the job, though. Otherwise, it could affect your performance on the green.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide