Alaska Bear Silk Sleeping Mask
Last updated date: January 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sleeping Masks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sleeping Mask you should buy.
Editor's Note March 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sleeping Mask for a detailed review of all the top sleeping masks.
The larger size and adjustable band make the Alaska Bear Silk Sleeping Mask one of the best at blocking out light from every angle. This is done by an extra flap in the nose and cheek area, which is typically where light would get through. The silk fabric is soft against your skin while still providing a cooling effect.
In our analysis of 195 expert reviews, the Alaska Bear Alaska Bear Silk Sleeping Mask placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
1 Turn off from the world – in your own style and conditions! Knowing you will often use our premium sleeping mask on the go, we enhanced with a high-quality drawstring carry bag for easy transport and safe storage. On top of that, for even more stylish appearance, even when you nap or sleep, you may explore 13 sleek patterns and color styles. Discover versatile and fashionable designs for both men and women. We literally have something for every taste. Improve the quality of your sleep - the time for silky smooth sleep is now! Welcome to Mulberry Silk Eye Sleep Mask – where deep silky smooth sleep is your new reality. 2 1 2 3 Quick nap or deep sleep anywhere No matter what you want: lazy afternoon naps at your home/resting and sleep on the plane/bus/ train/to focus on your yoga/meditation etc. All this is possible with our full coverage silk sleeping eye mask. And once you feel the comfort and luxury materials, you are sure to make it your travel accessory for relaxing and uninterrupted sleep anywhere, anytime! Perfectly fitted for 100% light blocking Perfectly fitted to your face due to the flexible design, you will wake up energized even after a bad night sleep. Snug the sleep silk mask tight to your face using the elastic strap and instantly feel refreshed and pampered. Then go, fall asleep with the comfort on your eyes and without the brightness, no matter if you want a quick energy nap or deep, restful full night sleep! Pampered and protected eye area It’s time to think for the future and protect your eye area! The silk in the eye cover enhances absorption of your beauty products, doesn't tug or crease your eyelashes like cotton, and protects the delicate eye area. Creating a perfect synergy and balanced pH that help to increase skin hydration. Anti-aging benefits prevent under eye wrinkles by keeping you moisturized throughout your whole sleeping session. 1 2 3 Care Instructions Hand washes gently with a little mild shampoo/Soap in cool water. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Do not scrub or twist. Gently squeeze out most of the water. Air dry. To make it last, keep out of washing machines, hot water, direct sunlight. High quality natural silk which feels heavenly Using high quality mulberry silk fabric, we remastered the eye mask to be ultra-smooth on both sides thus indulging your eyes every second of your sleeping. Fully adjustable headband The sleep mask uses a latex-free nylon elastic. The adjustable elastic headband makes a sleep mask suitable for any sleeping position. 1 2 3 One Strap Sleep Mask One Strap Sleep Mask(w/Nose Baffle) Two Straps Sleep Mask(w/Nose Baffle) Fiber 19 Momme Mulberry Silk 19 Momme Mulberry Silk 19 Momme Mulberry Silk Adjustable Elastic Strap One Strap One Strap Two Straps Extra Nose Baffle ✓ ✓ Portable organza pouch ✓ ✓ ✓ Main Features Simple one-strap model with fully adjustable LATEX-free and TANGLE-free headband. The ultimate light blocker - the ingenious little flap by the nose makes all positive difference. [Reminder: Make sure to flip the flap upward so it forms a nice seal.] Two-strap version stays on your face all night when toss and turn. Features dual tension-adjustable bands for optimal fit and minimum pressure on your head, go above and below ears.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sleeping Masks
Nothing can feel more luxurious than a midday nap. But unless you have a windowless bedroom or room-darkening shades, it can be hard to shut out the light so that you can get some sleep. This is especially problematic for night-shift workers who have no choice but to get those eight hours when the sun is at its brightest.
A good sleeping mask could be the cure to that problem. Finding the right sleep mask can be tough, though, since many seem to promise efficiency and comfort, only to fall through when you actually try them. You’ll want to prioritize a mask that’s comfortable while also blocking out as much light as possible. Combining those things is all in the material and design of the mask itself.
As you’re shopping, you’ll probably notice the masks that most effectively block out light cover a large surface area of the face. But when you’re covering your eyes, cheeks, and part of your nose, the last thing you want is a material that blocks air from circulating, leading to heat buildup during the hours you’re sleeping. Silk is one of the best materials for achieving that goal, keeping you cool while also providing the thickness you need to keep light out.
Another great thing about silk is that it’s soft against your skin. The best silk sleeping masks are padded, as well, for that extra cushioning you need as it conforms to your face. Look for 100% natural silk as opposed to silk blends that can reduce the benefits you get from the material.
Sleeping mask manufacturers will advertise all types of benefits from their products, so use your own discretion. Some say they help with migraines and headaches, but to get this benefit, many consumers recommend putting it in the refrigerator or freezer to cool it down before applying it. Perhaps the most accurate promise is that it will help with insomnia, but only if your sleep disruption is caused by too much light in your room.
The Sleeping Mask Buying Guide
- The first question you’ll probably ask when shopping for a sleep mask is whether it actually does what it says. Look for a mask that covers the nose and eye area generously, keeping in mind that light often slips through near the bridge of the nose with sleep masks. Some masks also extend around your ears to slightly muffle sound.
- Comfort can be tough with something like a sleep mask since not all heads are the same size. Many sleep masks have an adjustable band to allow you to find the right size, but those with extra-large heads may find it tough to get the light blocking and comfort they need.
- The material of the sleeping mask plays a direct role in how comfortable it is. The most comfortable masks are made from silk. For best results, look for a mask with a 100% silk design.
- As comfortable as silk is, though, it can tend to slip around while sleeping. Make sure you choose one with a comfortable, adjustable band that will hold it in place.
- Although many sleep masks use elastic bands to allow you to adjust them, some are made with Velcro. Keep in mind that unless built correctly, both types of bands can get tangled in your hair, bringing unwelcome pain in the middle of your nap.
- Your sleep mask will need to be washed occasionally to keep it clean and reduce allergens. Many sleep masks are hand-wash only, especially those with padding. Even if you buy one that advertises it can be laundered, hang it to dry and wash it in a lingerie bag to maintain the material’s integrity.
- While you’re waiting for your sleep mask to dry, you won’t have it to use. For that reason, you may want to consider buying two of them to swap out.
- Some sleep masks are reversible, helping you get extra wear between washes.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide