Akro-Mils Plastic Tote with Attached Lid, 12-Gallon
Last updated date: January 21, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage Bins & Tubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage Bin & Tub you should buy.
Update as May 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Storage Bins & Tubs for a detailed review of all the top storage bins & tubs.
When not in use, the Akro-Mils Plastic Tote with Attached Lid, 12-Gallon stacks neatly inside another Akro-Mils tote. The totes are also designed to stack on top of each other after you fill them and close the lid. The lid features hinged sides that interlock when brought together. There are also two handles built in to the front and back of the tote for easy lifting.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Akro-Mils Plastic Tote with Attached Lid, 12-Gallon placed 0th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The 66486 Keep Box is ideal for all household storage needs. Clear bottom allows instant identification of contents. Lids are attached with full-length steel hinge pins for durability. Ergonomic handles make carrying easy, even under a full load. Unique rib design prevents jamming when nested on store shelves. Nesting feature makes it easy to safely store any household item. Also nests to take up less storage space. Akro-Mils products save time and money by helping to increase material handling efficiency in virtually any industry. Our broad range of storage, organization and transport products are used to shorten assembly times, maintain accurate inventories, optimize storage space and improve parts protection. Our mission at Akro-Mils is a commitment to manufacturing innovative storage and material handling products of uncompromising quality at a fair price. We support this commitment with professional representation and consistent, superior service to meet the needs of our customers. For quality products backed by more than 60 years of reliable delivery and responsive customer service, we invite you to turn to the Akro-Mils advantage.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage Bins & Tubs
Totes provide an excellent solution for all of your storage needs. Use them in the living room to organize your kids’ toys, the garage to separate your tools or the attic to keep your seasonal items safe until it’s time to pull them out again. As you browse the available totes on the market, you’ll want to consider each of their features.
Size is the first thing you’ll need to review. Smaller totes are ideal for knick-knacks, while medium totes can hold things like craft supplies and makeup. Larger totes are best for storing clothing and stuffed animals. There are even industrial-size totes that can handle items that are a bit heavy.
If you’re in the market for more than one tote, search for a stackable set. Some models come in an eight-pack and have specially designed lids that allow you to store the totes one on top of the other.
Carrying totes can be difficult if there are no handles, or if the handles are rough around the edges. The Homz Modular Stackable Storage Bins & Tubs has strong molded-in handles that are made for lifting. Other models feature ergonomic handles for added comfort.
Consider how far you need to transport the tote, especially if you’re going to fill the tote with heavy items. Some storage bins and tubs have a set of wheels, so you can simply pull the tote from the house to your shed. If you’re going just a short distance, there are some totes with reinforced bottoms that hold up well to dragging and dropping.
The Storage Bin & Tub Buying Guide
- Most totes are made of plastic, and therefore are easy to clean. All you need is a little dish soap, warm water and a rag. Should the totes have any type of odor, you can also wipe them down with vinegar or a baking soda paste. Rinse the containers clean and either allow them to air dry or dry them with a lint-free cloth.
- Depending on the type of items you’re storing in the totes, you may want to pick up a few silica gel packets. Toss several inside each of the totes to protect everything from photos to DVDs to books.
- The price for totes is dependent upon the size of the tote and how many totes you get in each set. The Sorbus Foldable Storage Cubes are on the lower end of the price scale when you take into consideration the number of totes you get for the price. The Homz Modular Stackable Storage Bins & Tub is slightly more expensive, as it is larger and has extra features.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide