Ailun Screen Protector for iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 6
Last updated date: November 21, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top iPhone Screen Protectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best iPhone Screen Protector you should buy.
Installing the Ailun Screen Protector for iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 6 is easy – just wipe off the screen, align the protector, and apply. You'll get 9H hardness to protect against scratches and an oleophobic coating for reducing fingerprints. The screen is also built to maximize responsiveness and transparency. In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the Ailun Ailun Screen Protector for iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 6 placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 25, 2019:
Checkout The Best iPhone Screen Protector for a detailed review of all the top iphone screen protectors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Ailun Screen Protector Compatible with iPhone 8 Plus 7 Plus Screen Protector Screen Protector iPhone Xs Max Screen Protector iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector iPhone X/Xs Screen Protector iPhone XR Screen Protector Color Clear Black Clear Clear Black Black Brand Ailun Ailun Ailun Ailun Ailun Ailun Compatible Models iPhone Xs Max/11 Pro Max iPhone 7/8/6/6s Plus iPhone 7/8 Plus iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus iPhone X/Xs/11 Pro iPhone XR/11 Feature Tempered Glass Privacy Tempered Glass Full Coverage Tempered Glass Tempered Glass Tempered Glass Tempered Glass Quantity 3 Pack 3 Pack 1 Pack 4 Pack 3 Pack 3 Pack Screen Protector Screen Protector Frequently Asked Questions: 1.The flexibility of the Glass Screen Protector is just the same as the plastic material,Is it made of tempered glass or plastic? This screen protector is a real tempered glass.The plasticly flexibily is the exact reason why we call it tempered glass screen protector.Tempered or toughened glass is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass. 2.It can't tell it's Glass or Plastic by the appearance and we don't have the high-tech laboratory equipment at home, so what could we as a customer do to identify it? Well,there does have one simple,quick and cost-effective way to run a test all by yourself, and it's supper accurate.as the basic scientific fact, the Melting Point of most plastic at between 160 and 210 degrees Celsius while the glass material is at least over 1400 degrees Celsius,so is there a lighter around? 3.Does it come with a cleaning wipe to use prior to placing on the phone? Yes,the package includes: 6*Guide Stickers, 3*Wet Wipe&3*Dry Wipe,3*Dust Absorber 4.Does the screen protector cover the whole screen? Why is it smaller than my iPhone's screen? Due to the rounded edge of the iPhone design, and to enhance compatibility with most cases,the tempered glass does not cover the entire screen. It is effective for preventing bubbling and peeling at the edges. If you prefer a screen protector that covers the whole screen, we highly recommended our Full-Coverage Screen Protector. 5.How can I remove bubbles? Before placing the screen protector,please first clean the screen by using kits in the package.If there are bubbles, please try to press the bubble by using your finger with a little force,and try to use a ruler or a credit card to help you with the problem,but a thin cloth pad is needed on the surface of the screen to avoid scratches the protector. 6.How can I remove a cracked glass screen protector? Lift the screen protector with the card from any corner of the screen protector. Once the corner has been lifted off the device, hold the corner and remove slowly.( If you would ever find CHIP or CRACK on screen protector, for your safety, please wear glove to remove screen protector gently to avoid any possible further damage or injury) 7. Why does the screen protector have a white edge? If for some reason you receive a screen protector with a defect or other issue, please let us know ,we will help you immediately. The iPhone has 2.5D curved edges around the screen, but due to inconsistencies in production, not all iPhones have exactly 2.5D curved edges. There are indeed slightly difference on the curved edges of different iPhone from different manufacturers. However, all Ailun's screen protectors are strictly produced to fit a 2.5D cured edge. As a result, you might find the white edge around your screen protector. In this situation we recommend our Full-Coverage Screen Protector
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On IPhone Screen Protectors
If you’ve priced iPhones recently, you likely know how expensive they are. You can buy the insurance, but that will only help you if your phone suffers serious damage — or you lose it altogether. To protect against everyday wear like scratches and dings, a screen protector is a must.
Screen protectors have evolved considerably since their early days. Those initial versions were made of film, making them tough to apply and only providing marginal protection. Newer screen protectors are glass-based, providing a second layer of glass that preserves the brightness and clarity of your screen while maximizing protection. The best glass protectors can even hold your screen together if you drop your phone.
For best results, look for a screen protector that promises 9H hardness. This indicator means the glass rates a 9 on the Mohs hardness scale. The scale only goes to 10, so this is a confidence-boosting rating. Some screen protectors also advertise that they use self-healing glass, meaning that if you do manage to scratch them up, those scratches will eventually fade.
While shopping for a new screen protector, don’t forget to check compatibility. Your own protector won’t help much if it isn’t properly sized to fit your screen. For iPhones, you’ll find many work with older iPhones 8, 7, 6S and 6. If you have an X or Xs, though, you’ll need to look for a screen protector specific to those models.
One issue that draws complaints about screen protectors is that they don’t extend all the way to the edge. There are two major reasons for that. One is that at the edge, the protector could be more susceptible to wear over time, causing the edges to begin to curl up. But perhaps the biggest reason is that manufacturers assume you’ll be using a case in addition to the protector. They need to make room for your case to cover at least a small portion of the edge of the front of your screen, so the protector stops before a case would typically begin.
DWYM Fun Fact
There is a common misconception that modern iPhones don’t need screen protectors due to the strength of the glass. While today’s screens are definitely more scratch-resistant than previous generations, they still can scratch, particularly when exposed to particles with hard minerals like sand or quartz. In tests, users rated iPhone glass between a 6 and 7 on the Mohs hardness scale. Compare this to the 9 many glass screen protectors are rated. The iPhone’s glass can also crack when dropped a certain way. Having a screen protector will add an extra layer of protection against that, but it will also hold the pieces in place if your screen does crack or splinter.
The IPhone Screen Protector Buying Guide
- As important as it is to protect your screen, you won’t want it to get in the way of the experience of interacting with your screen. Look for a protector that offers 99.9 percent transparency and high responsiveness. Many glass screen protectors include oleophobic coating, which makes your protector feel very similar to the screen below it.
- Older screen protectors also made installation difficult. You had to be very careful while you were applying or you’d end up with unsightly air bubbles. Although it’s still important to make sure your screen is squeaky clean and clear of debris before you attach your screen protector, glass protectors are much more forgiving. You’ll probably also find your protector includes installation tools like a cloth and a guide.
- When it comes down to it, though, the true test of a screen protector is whether or not it actually works. When an iPhone protector’s glass features 9H hardness, you usually won’t have to worry about scratches for the most part. However, if you drop your phone, the screen can still crack. In some cases, though, the glass will keep your screen completely intact during a drop and, if not, will at the very least hold the screen in place until you can get it replaced.
- Another consideration when looking at screen protectors is how well they reduce smudges and fingerprints. Many glass-based screen protectors have an oleophobic coating that keeps your screen looking clean throughout the day.
- Extremely thick screen protectors make it obvious you have one in place. Look for an ultra-slim screen protector – ideally one that is 0.3mm thick or less. You’ll not only get a more seamless look, but it’s also more likely to be responsive to your taps.
- Most screen protectors are fairly affordable but consider what you’re getting in the package. While you may only need one screen protector to last the entire time you own your phone, having an extra in the package means if you have a misstep when you’re installing it, you’ll have a backup.