AFMAT Professional Helical Blade Electric Pencil Sharpener
Last updated date: August 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Pencil Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Pencil Sharpener you should buy.
Update as August 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Electric Pencil Sharpener For School Or The Office for a detailed review of all the top electric pencil sharpeners.
Ideal for teachers, this electric pencil sharpener grinds pencils to a perfect durable point. The safety features ensure that the blade stops automatically when the shavings tray is removed or is not closed tightly. The no-skid pads at the bottom keep the sharpener secure while in use.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the AFMAT Professional Helical Blade Electric Pencil Sharpener placed 7th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AFMAT is specialized in office products such as colored pencil sharpeners, classroom heavy duty pencil sharpeners, drawing pencil sharpeners, whiteboard stickers, blackboard stickers, electric erasers, etc. Our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and services. We put a high value on customers’ using experience and suggestions, so we will keep improving our products to satisfy everybody’s need. This heavy duty electric pencil sharpener is a must for teachers or anyone who has a heavy use on pencil sharpeners. Powerful enough to sharpen your No. 2 pencils or colored pencils to a perfect and durable point in only 3-5 seconds with ease. Professional automatic pencil sharpener with heavy duty helical blade can sharpen over 6000 times. Our classroom pencil sharpener is UL listed and has no issues after sharpening 200 pencils at a time. It is faster, more durable and powerful than any other helical blade sharpeners due to its bigger and stronger helical blade and motor. This professional pencil sharpener will start sharpening automatically when you insert a pencil. Take out the pencil when the motor sound changes and the resistance of sharpening decreases. Great for graphite and colored pencils. Please note that it is not recommended to sharpen sketch pencils or soft carbon pencils as it may cause jams in blade. High efficiency, fast speed and heavy use make it an industrial and commercial pencil sharpener. It has two safety features: stop working when the shavings box is removed or not closed tightly and stop sharpening when it is overheating. Non-skid food pads at the bottom make it more stable to sharpen.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Pencil Sharpeners
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a perfectly sharp point on a pencil. However, sharpening pencils with a manual pencil sharpener can be frustrating. Not only do they make a mess, with pencil shavings falling all around, but they also don’t always result in the perfect point you’re looking for. If you have multiple pencils to sharpen, such as at a school or children’s activity, then using a manual pencil sharpener can also feel like a waste of time.
An electrical pencil sharpener improves the pencil sharpening experience considerably, especially when you have many pencils to sharpen. Running on electricity, battery, or USB power, electric pencil sharpeners offer convenience and tip quality. Unlike a manual pencil sharpener, which can waste the lead by not properly grinding it, an electric pencil sharpener always produces a sharp point.
When you’re looking for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the size of the pencils you typically use, as not all sharpeners accommodate all types of pencils. A 9 mm pencil is the most common type used; however, some pencil sharpeners are made for 8 mm pencils. You’ll also want to keep the shape of your pencils in mind. Pencils can be round, hexagonal or triangular. Ensure that your electric pencil sharpener can be used with the shape of pencil you have.
Not all electric pencil sharpeners grind the pencil at the same angle. Some pencils may require a bigger angle to show the lead, while others would fracture if that were the case. You’ll need to ensure that the electric pencil sharpener you choose sharpens your pencils at the right angle to reduce lead wastage.
The Electric Pencil Sharpener Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the kind of blades it has. You want to ensure that they are sharp and durable and can last a long time. Helical blades that are made out of strong material such as stainless steel ensure that you get a sharp point every time — including on pencils that have particularly hard lead.
- If your electric pencil sharpener will be used by children, such as in a school setting, it’s imperative to keep safety in mind. Look for an electric pencil sharpener that has an auto-stop blade operation. This ensures that the blade stops by itself once the pencil has been sharpened. If the shavings tray is opened during sharpening, the blade stops automatically. This way, you can ensure fingers are always kept safe and away from moving blades.
- For those that sharpen multiple pencils at the same time, having a large shaving receptacle is key. This way, you don’t need to stop sharpening after every few pencils to empty out the tray. A clear bin lets you see when it’s time to empty the receptacle.
- Some electric pencil sharpeners can leave graphite streaks behind on the wood of the pencil. If you’re an artist, this can lead to smudges on your work. If this is the case, be sure to look for a pencil sharpener that doesn’t leave any graphite traces.
- You’ll need to look at what kind of power source the sharpener has, to ensure it works for your needs. Some sharpeners come with multiple power sources, so you can use batteries in addition to plugging them into an outlet. This provides added flexibility if you need to move the sharpener around. You can also get a pencil sharpener that can be charged using a USB, which is perfect if you’re at a conference or trade show with no access to batteries or wall plugs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide