AeroGarden Black Harvest GMO-Free Natural Herb Garden Kit
Last updated date: September 16, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Herb Garden Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Herb Garden Kit you should buy.
Update as September 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Herb Garden Kit for a detailed review of all the top herb garden kits.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the AeroGarden Black Harvest GMO-Free Natural Herb Garden Kit placed 8th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The AeroGarden Harvest is a simple, beautifully designed garden, versatile enough to fit almost anywhere, but perfect for the best room in the house your kitchen. The Harvest is a perfect gift for almost any occasion. Great for gift baskets, gift sets, birthday gifts, and both gifts for women and men. It’s no secret homegrown veggies just taste better, and the Harvest will inspire you to discover the flavor of fresh no matter the season. Perfect for beginners and experienced growers alike, the Harvest has room for six different plants. Grow an endless variety of herbs, vegetables, salad greens, or flowers to enhance your food, drinks, home and life. With just a little counter space, the included non GMO seed pod kit, and your own creativity, you’ll be enjoying the delicious taste that only comes from homegrown herbs and veggies in no time. It’s the perfect complement to any kitchen. Just fill the garden with water, drop in the pre seeded pods, and add a little bit of our all natural liquid plant food. The Harvest does the rest. Specially tuned, full spectrum LEDs mimic the optimum effects of sunlight. Your plants will naturally grow faster and there’s no pesticides or herbicides needed, and no soil required. Built in sensors automatically turn the lights on and off each day, and let you know when to feed and add water – so there’s no more guesswork. It’s truly that easy.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Herb Garden Kits
Herbs provide interesting flavors and compliment many different recipes. If you frequently cook with herbs, growing your own little herb garden can be a cost-effective way to go. This way, you don’t have to buy a large bunch from the grocery store when you only need to use a few stalks. However, if you don’t have a green thumb or a lot of gardening experience, then starting with an herb garden kit can help.
An herb garden kit contains everything you need to start your very own herb garden. There are a number of different types of kits available. For example, for those who don’t have a lot of outdoor gardening space, an indoor herb garden kit can be placed on a bright windowsill or somewhere else in your home where there is a lot of natural light. Outdoor herb garden kits come with biodegradable pots that can be plated directly in your garden bed. Depending on your climate, you can start the seeds indoors and then move them outdoors when the weather permits. And for those that don’t get much natural light in their homes, an electronic herb garden kit is the answer. These kits offer all the bells and whistles, like LED growing lights and self-watering features.
Whether you plant your herb garden indoors or outdoors, there are a few elements to consider. Herbs require 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. The light actually affects the flavor of the herbs too. The brighter the light, the stronger the flavor of the herbs. Temperature is also another thing you’ll want to note. Herbs flourish in temperatures between 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure your home isn’t too cold for your indoor herb garden, and don’t plant them outside until the weather permits. If it’s too cold, your herbs will not be able to grow properly, and may die out.
The Herb Garden Kit Buying Guide
- When you’re in the market for an herb garden kit, take a look at what is included inside. At the very least, you’ll want to have a variety of seeds. Note which seeds are provided and whether those are ones you like to eat and cook with. Herb garden kits may come with cilantro, thyme, parsley, basil and oregano. For some shoppers, it may be important to search for organic or non-GMO seeds.
- In addition to seeds, herb garden kits may include soil or potting soil discs, You may also get burlap grow bags which can be used in lieu of pots. Some kits include biodegradable pots instead. You’ll also find plant markers, so you can clearly label which herbs you’ve planted in which pots.
- If you’re in the market for an electronic herb garden kit, you’ll want to get one that has powerful LED grow lights that can last for several hours. Many of these types of kits also have a self-watering function, where you need to fill the water reservoir.
- If you have young kids who are interested in gardening, consider getting an herb garden kit that doubles as an arts and crafts activity. You can find kits that come with paint and paintbrushes so kids can decorate their gardens with their artistic skills. Not only is this a great way to grow your own herbs, but kids can learn more about the gardening and growing process while having fun with paint.
- When it comes to watering your herbs, be sure to not overwater. Herbs prefer infrequent and slow watering, otherwise, the soil becomes too moist. Ideally, you’ll want to only water your herbs two or three times a week. Don’t worry if the top of the soil looks dry. It’s likely that the soil closer to the roots is wet, which is what’s important.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide