AERO Premium Windshield Wiper Blades
Last updated date: November 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Windshield Wipers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Windshield Wiper you should buy.
Update as September 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Windshield Wiper for a detailed review of all the top windshield wipers.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the AERO Premium Windshield Wiper Blades placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Each purchase includes 2 genuine AERO premium all-season wiper blades. The AERO wipers use top quality materials and pass strict QC testings. This product offers all the quality and durability of the major brand names, but at a fraction of the cost. All AERO wipers come with a 6 months warranty – the best in the industry.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Windshield Wipers
You probably don’t spend much time thinking about your windshield wipers until they need to be replaced one day. As long as they’re operating efficiently and relatively quietly, there’s no need to focus on them. But over time, any set of windshield wipers will begin to wear down, which means it’s time to replace them. You don’t have to pay a fortune for a mechanic to take care of it. In fact, most windshield wipers can be easily switched out by even the most novice auto-repair person.
When buying windshield wipers, it’s important to make compatibility a top priority. However, if you walk into an auto parts store and name your vehicle model, chances are you’ll still have a wide range of options. Manufacturers know they can make more money by designing wipers that will work with as many common vehicle types as possible. But you’ll still find that some wiper arms simply aren’t compatible with all blades.
Anyone who has ever owned a car knows how annoying streaks can be. Grime is usually the culprit in that area, but some wiper blades are more resistant to streaks than others. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that the more you spend, the more likely you’ll be to get a streak-free experience. In fact, some budget wipers do just as well as high-priced wipers in this area.
In addition to compatibility with your own vehicle, it’s important to consider the weather where you live. If you live in an area prone to wintry precipitation, keep that in mind while you’re shopping. Some wipers can handle ice and snow better than others. But even if you live in a warm climate, you’ll need a good pair of wiper blades if you get an overabundance of rain each year. Look for durability unless you want to change your wipers multiple times each year.
The Windshield Wiper Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping for windshield wiper blades, you need to consult your vehicle’s manual to find out exactly the type you need. Most windshield wipers come in different sizes, so research what you need so that you can choose the right option during checkout. Some wipers, for instance, come in sizes from 15 inches to 29 inches, while others offer blade sizes from 12 inches to 26 inches.
- In addition to size, you’ll also need to take a quick look at the design. The Bosch ICON Wiper Blade’s arm hook adapters aren’t compatible with all types of vehicles. Bosch has a compatibility checker on its website.
- If it is compatible with your vehicle, you may want to look into the Bosch ICON Wiper Blade, which has won awards for its bracketless beam design. This feature eliminates the brackets and hinges typically seen with wiper blades, bringing a performance you won’t get with competitors.
- The PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blade uses silicone-treated blades to provide efficient, smooth and, most importantly, quiet wiping. Thanks to the unique design, you also won’t see streaks.
- With the aerodynamic design of the Rain-X 2-IN-1 Water Repellency Wiper Blades, you get a reduction of all that debris that can collect around the wiper blade, which also makes each wipe more efficient.
- Not every wiper is designed to stand up to wintry weather. The Bosch ICON Wiper Blade’s unique design helps it comfortably tackle frozen precipitation. By eliminating the brackets and hinges, you also reduce the number of things that are most likely to snap under the heavy weight of ice and snow. The PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blade, on the other hand, won’t work as well when the weather turns brutal. The Rain-X 2-IN-1 Water Repellency Wiper Blades can stand up to heavy rain and winter weather, but you may find they won’t be quite as smooth in those conditions, especially after they have some wear on them.
- Noisy wipers can be extremely annoying, especially on long, rainy drives. The Bosch ICON Wiper Blade features silent operation throughout its lifetime. If you deal with winter weather, you may find that the PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blade is distractingly noisy when your windshield is sprinkled with ice or snow.
- Wipers can get plenty of wear over the course of a year. You’ll find that some last longer than others. The Bosch ICON Wiper Blade impresses with its durability, often lasting for a year or longer, depending on frequency of use. Even with hundreds of hours of ozone exposure, these wipers have resisted cracking. The PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blades also bring extra-long life expectancy.
- If you’ve ever installed wiper blades, you probably know some can be easier to maneuver than others. The PIAA Super Silicone Wiper Blade is also fairly easy to install. The Bosch ICON Wiper Blade’s design makes installation more difficult than other wipers. However, some auto parts shops will replace your wiper blades for free as long as you purchase them there. If you want wipers that are usually difficult to install, this may be an alternative to doing it yourself.
- Although some wipers are more expensive than others, you’ll find many fall within the same price range. Either way, you’re sure to find one to fit within your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide