Adtech Multi Temperature Glue Sticks, Bulk Pack
Last updated date: March 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Glue Gun Sticks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Glue Gun Stick you should buy.
In our analysis of 5 expert reviews, the Ad-Tech Adtech Multi Temperature Glue Sticks, Bulk Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Glue Gun Stick for a detailed review of all the top hot glue gun sticks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Have plenty of hot glue on hand with Aztec's 5 lb. box! AdTech Multi temp hot glue sticks can be used in just about any full-size glue gun and are crystal clear - so clear you can read text through them! AdTech glue sticks are perfect for just about any craft or DIY project where strength and almost-instant curing time are desired. Non-toxic too! AdTech's Multi-Temp 200 formula is trusted by crafters and DIYers more than any other glue stick. Use in your high or low-temp glue gun and expect superior results! Formula 220 is a clear, all-purpose adhesive capable of bonding many plastics, wood products, fabric, leather, foam, PVC, polycarbonate, paper, ribbon and aluminum as well as some polyolefin.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Glue Gun Sticks
A hot glue gun is one of those tools that most homeowners should have on hand. Not only are they handy for making a few home repairs, but they are also invaluable when it comes to a variety of craft projects. Of course, you’ll need a good set of glue sticks to use in your hot glue gun.
Choose a set of hot glue sticks based on the type of glue gun you own. Some are meant for low-temperature guns while others are designed for high-temperature guns. The Surebonder Mini Glue Sticks, Pack of 100 actually works with both and can withstand temperatures that range between 230 and 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check how quickly the glue is able to bond two items. For example, the non-toxic Ad-Tech Multi Temperature Glue Stick, Pack of 50 works quickly and can bond two materials in as little as 30 seconds.
Examine what types of materials the hot glue stick is able to bond together. The Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 is an excellent choice for fabrics, floral arrangements, paper and homemade jewelry, but you’ll want to use a different brand for metals and glass.
Consider any extra features the hot glue stick may have to offer. The Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45, for example, can be sanded and painted. It’s also five times more durable than other brands. That makes it a better choice for important home repairs.
DWYM Fun Fact
While hot glue has been in use for a long time, it wasn’t always applied with a handy hot glue gun. In fact, it was either poured onto a surface or painted on with a brush. George Schultz created a version of a glue gun in 1954 to make applying the hot glue easier. Some say he is the inventor of the first glue gun, but there are no recorded patents to prove this. Today we have a wide variety of hot glue guns to choose from, including cordless guns and spray glue guns.
The Hot Glue Gun Stick Buying Guide
- Be careful not to accidentally touch the glue after it has been heated, as it has the potential to cause a burn. Consider investing in silicone finger protectors that you can wear while you use the glue gun.
- You may want to place a silicone mat underneath the glue gun to protect your table or countertop in between applications of the glue. Sometimes a little glue will drip out of the gun.
- The use of electric sanders can melt hot glue sticks.
- You’ll need to store unused glue sticks in a room with temperatures below 130 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also important that you keep the sticks out of the path of direct UV light.
- Hot glue can be used for more than just sticking two items together. You can also use it to make raised word art.
- In order to compare the prices of hot glue sticks, you’ll need to divide the cost of the set by the number of sticks in each package. Typically, the larger the pack, the lower the cost per stick. You’ll find the Artellius Mini Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Pack of 200 and the Surebonder Mini Glue Sticks, Pack of 100 are cheaper than the Ad-Tech Multi Temperature Glue Stick, Pack of 50 and the Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks, Pack of 45.