AcuRite 01536 Wireless 5-1 Sensor Home Weather Station
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weather Stations and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weather Station you should buy.
Update as June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Weather Station for a detailed review of all the top weather stations.
Not only will you be able to check your current forecast with this weather station, but you'll also be able to review your weather history. The unit comes with a 5-in-1 sensor that connects wirelessly to your indoor display. From the display, you'll be able to check the temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction and total rainfall amounts.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the AcuRite Wireless 5-1 Sensor Home Weather Station placed 4th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Whether you are a weather enthusiast or just want to know if you should be wearing shorts or a sweatshirt, the AcuRite 5-in-1 weather station is perfect for you. Access your weather data through AcuRite PC Connect. The professional weather station includes a 5-in-1 sensor that measures your outdoor conditions. The 5-in-1 connects wirelessly to a color indoor display that, when connected to a PC, will collect your weather in a data file so that you can view your weather history. Features Rain & Rainfall History. Wind Speed and Wind Direction. Outdoor and Indoor Temperature and Humidity. Future Forecast with Barometric Pressure. High and Low Records. Weather Ticker that streams real time informations such as "feels like" temperature and moon phase
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weather Stations
If you’ve ever seen rain gauges in a person’s yard, you probably know that tracking weather trends is a popular hobby. Today, we have access to all the data we could ever want online, but there’s still no replacement for gathering the data yourself.
Along with technology, weather data collection has gotten more sophisticated with time. Today’s weather stations use sensors and display screens to provide real-time information about the weather in your area. Some even use advanced analytics to help you make sense of the information you’re gathering.
If you’re choosing a weather station, you first need to decide the information you hope to monitor. Some units gather data on everything from wind direction to barometric pressure. You’ll also find some weather stations monitor temperature information both inside your home and outside to help you collect important indoor information like humidity levels.
When you start shopping, you may wonder why some weather stations are so affordable, while others hit the top of your budget. It’s important to pay close attention to the features those more expensive models offer that you can’t get with a cheaper one. You’ll also notice that some less expensive weather stations require you to buy additional sensors to get the most out of the unit.
Smartphone compatibility is an add-on that will matter to some of today’s consumers. Having your weather station connected to your mobile device can be useful if you want to keep track of weather back home while you’re on the road. Some weather stations can also be controlled by Alexa, which is a consideration if you have a smart speaker in your home.
Lastly, it’s important to find a weather station that will remain connected and reliable when you need it most. Make sure you won’t later discover that you can’t get the information you need as a major storm surrounds your house due to a drop in transmission. Since many weather stations rely on your home Wi-Fi, it’s also important to consider whether your Wi-Fi remains up and stable during storms before investing in a weather station.
The Weather Station Buying Guide
- Before technology transformed weather collection tools, you were limited in what you could learn. Today’s weather stations build in all the hardware you need to gather information on the weather that will impact you. There are still some features that set one weather station apart from another.
- Chances are, you want more detail than what you can see by looking out your own window. The Ambient Weather WiFi Smart Weather Station has instruments that measure temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, UV and solar radiation and rainfall.
- For data on both your indoor and outdoor environment, consider the Newentor Digital Atomic Weather Station. This unit will help you monitor what’s going on inside your home, as well as outside.
- Weather stations can vary dramatically in their sensitivity, so keep that in mind when comparing prices.
- You’ll find prices vary dramatically from one weather station to another, depending on the features offered with the weather station.
- When considering cost, it’s important to note what each model comes with. Some more expensive models ship with everything you need to get started, whereas others require you to make additional purchases.
- Check to see what is included with your weather station. Some units come with a 5V DC adapter, while others are powered by the sun. If your station uses batteries, they may or may not be included.
- Keep in mind that some weather stations have more basic features that are best used indoors, such as an alarm clock and date and time displays.
- Some lower-priced weather stations ship with three sensors. Their console can read up to eight different locations, but you’ll need to buy five additional sensors to do so. Each additional sensor is available for an affordable price.
- The reach of your weather station is also worth noting. The Ambient Weather WiFi Smart Weather Station has a reach of 100 feet to each sensor.
- Weather stations are meant to monitor weather, so it won’t be much help if your connectivity drops when storms are brewing outside.
- Look for a weather station with a bright display that provides information in an easy to read format. Some have attractive backlights that not only improve readable, but their also voice-activated.
- Smartphone compatibility is also a consideration. The AcuRite Wireless 5-1 Sensor Home Weather Station connects to your favorite mobile device, which means you can get weather information from home even when you’re away.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide