Acu-Life Stainless Blade Pill Cutter & Splitter
Last updated date: October 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pill Cutters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pill Cutter you should buy.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pill Cutters for a detailed review of all the top pill cutters.
This tool is easy to use, and you don’t have to apply as much pressure to split your pills as with competing devices. It boasts a v-shaped design and uses a stainless-steel blade. Its cover snaps shut tightly, and it even has its own built-in storage compartment.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Acu-Life Acu-Life Stainless Blade Pill Cutter & Splitter placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pill Cutters
You may have tried splitting your pills with knives or other household tools and have found out that it’s not the best method. When you do it that way, the pill often won’t be cut exactly the way you need them, which can lead to taking the wrong dosage. In addition, it can be dangerous to chop medication with knives, because you can get injured or lose broken pill pieces for a pet or child to find on the ground.
That’s where a pill splitter comes in handy. These are useful tools for people who have to cut pills in half to make them easier to swallow. They are also cost-effective ways to adjust the dosage of a medication you’ve been prescribed. Most tools of this kind use a stainless steel blade to cut the pills and have storage areas to keep the tablet pieces secure. More expensive versions are not fundamentally different but are often made with improved components so they last longer.
People who take a lot of pills every day may be better served by pill splitters that can cut more than one pill at a time. Verify the sizes that a cutter can accommodate before you order, since your pills may be in different sizes than those depicted in an ad or product photo.
The Pill Cutter Buying Guide
- Consider asking your doctor to prescribe double the strength of your usual medication, then cut the pills in half with your pill cutter. This could save you money in the long run.
- Be sure to check with your doctor before cutting medication. Not all pills are safe to split.
- Before buying a cutter, read the product description carefully. See how the mechanism works and what is used to hold the pills securely in place. Verify that it will work for your needs.
- Look for a sliding shield or other type of cover for the razor. Your fingers need to be protected from the cutting blade.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide