Acer TravelMate P2 15.6-Inch FHD IPS Business & Gaming Laptop
Last updated date: November 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Gaming Laptops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gaming Laptop you should buy.
Update as March 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Gaming Laptop for a detailed review of all the top gaming laptops.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Acer TravelMate P2 15.6-Inch FHD IPS Business & Gaming Laptop placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Acer TravelMate P2 TMP215-51-51RB comes with these high level specs 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor 1 6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3 4GHz (6MB Smart cache) Windows 10 Professional 15 6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display Intel UHD Graphics 620 8GB DDR4 On-Board Memory 256GB SSD Two Built-in Stereo Speakers Built-in Digital Microphone 802 11ac WiFi featuring MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2 4GHz and 5GHz) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) Bluetooth 4 2 Back-lit Keyboard Acer Bio-Protection Fingerprint Solution on Power Button featuring Computer Protection and Windows Hello Certification HD Webcam (1280 x 720) 1 – USB 3 1 Type C port (up to 5 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB-C USB Charging DC-in 1 – USB 3 1 Gen 1 Port with Power-off Charging 2 – USB 2 0 Ports 1 – VGA Port 1 – HDMI 2 0 Port with HDCP support TPM 2 0 Military Standard tested impact-resistant chassis stands up to daily wear and tear Lithium-Ion Battery Up to 9 5-hours Battery Life 3 88 lbs | 1 76 kg (system unit only) (NX VJYAA 001) | Operating System Architecture 64-bit.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Gaming Laptops
After a long day at work or school, it feels good to sit back, relax and take part in some gaming. A gaming desktop is a great option, but it isn’t portable. If you want to game on the go or if you have more than one person in your home who loves to game, you’ll want to go with a gaming laptop instead.
Check the build and the weight of the laptop first. Some gaming laptops are made from an aluminum metal, while others are comprised of a magnesium alloy. Both are durable; however, the aluminum models will weigh more. You’ll find 4 to 6 pounds is the weight range for most of these laptops.
Look for 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-core processor if you want increased speed and performance. You could go with lower cores to save money, but the quality will be noticeably different.
Review the RAM next. You won’t want a gaming laptop that has less than 8 gigabytes of RAM, as heavier games will cause lagging. Avid gamers would do best with 16 gigabytes of RAM. There are models with 32 gigabytes of RAM, but it is unlikely that you will need that much.
Consider opting for a gaming laptop with a backlit keyboard, as this feature allows you to play hard even when the lights in the room are dim. Some keyboards use red lights, while others are multi-colored. You’ll also find models with glass precision touchpads and soft-landing switches.
The Gaming Laptop Buying Guide
- If the gaming laptop you choose seems to be running hot, you can purchase a cooling pad for it separately.
- Don’t allow the battery on your gaming laptop to fully deplete, as this can decrease its lifespan. Instead, plug the laptop in as soon as you notice the battery is running low.
- Before using your gaming laptop for the first time, install an anti-virus or anti-malware software.
- Keep your gaming laptop in a cover when not in use to keep dust at bay and to protect it from accidental spills.
- A clean microfiber cloth is the best tool to use when cleaning the screen on your gaming laptop. If the screen is more than just a little dirty, you can wring out a disinfecting wipe and use it to clean the screen. You’ll need to unplug your laptop from the power source before beginning.
- Gaming laptops come in a variety of price points. On the lower end, you’ll find both the Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51-73BU 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Display Gaming Laptop and the Lenovo Legion 5 15.6-Inch FHD IPS Screen Phantom Black Gaming Laptop. The ASUS TUF VR Ready 15.6-Inch IPS FHD Gaming Laptop has a more moderate cost, while the Alienware M15 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop comes in with the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide