A AKRAF Bicycle Chain Plier Repair Tool Kit
Last updated date: June 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Link Pliers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Link Plier you should buy.
Update as July 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bike Link Pliers for a detailed review of all the top bike link pliers.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the A AKRAF Bicycle Chain Plier Repair Tool Kit placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep Your Bike Rolling Smoothly & Give It The Right Care With This Bike Chain Repair & Maintenance Tools Set! Whether you want to maintain your bike chains condition or give it a touch up, you can count on our cycling tool set to provide you with a convenient, fast and simple way to check the condition of your bike chain and repair it with ease. The bike chain link pliers coupled with the chain breaker and joiner tools allow you to quickly repair and maintain your bike making it an essential tool set for cyclists or anyone that enjoys going on long bike rides to be ready to repair or adjust their bike chain. Durable & Sturdy Build For Reliable Performance. We use heavy-duty steel to make our bike chain repair tools to make sure they are durable enough to handle daily use. This bike chain repair tool kit is the perfect choice for a mechanic or long-distance cyclists to make chain care and repairs simpler. Our bike chain repair tools can be used with a wide variety of bikes including mountain bike, road bike, foldable bike, children bike, or just normal everyday bikes and more. Thanks to the lightweight you can carry the bike chain repair tool kit even when riding.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Link Pliers
Pliers are a useful hand tool, and they come in many different varieties. Each kind of pliers is designed to do specific jobs, though all pliers use a similar design. Pliers consist of two metal levers that are joined at a pivot point, or fulcrum. On the shorter side of the fulcrum are the jaws, which also include pipe grips and a cutting tool. On the longer side of the fulcrum are handles. As a result of the position of the fulcrum, users are able to amplify their force and focus it on the specific object being manipulated by the jaws of the device. Pliers are especially handy for holding, gripping, prying apart and cutting objects.
Bike link pliers, which are sometimes called master link pliers, are used when you need to remove, replace or repair the chain on a bicycle. Most bike chains include a master link, which makes it easy to remove the chain. The jaws of the pliers are shaped specifically to fit into the links of the chain. You need to open up the pliers and insert the jaws on either side of the master link. Once the pliers are engaged with the link, you can squeeze the handles to break the link. Bike link pliers will also help you reassemble the chain once you’re done working with it.
The unique shape of the pliers’ jaws, coupled with the amplified force you’re able to apply through the fulcrum, makes this task seamless and easy. Taking apart the master link is not possible without a tool, and other plier shapes make not fit into the chain.
The Bike Link Plier Buying Guide
- The most important element to look at when buying a pair of bike link pliers is to make sure they are compatible with the type of bike chain you have. Not all bike link pliers will fit into all bike chains. Each set of pliers is designed to work with specific speeds of chains. If you have multiple kinds of bikes, check to see whether the pliers can work with different speed chains so that you don’t need to purchase multiple tools.
- Keep in mind that some bike link pliers help you open the links, some help close the links and some do both jobs. If you don’t want to get two separate tools, look for two-in-one bike link pliers that will help you both open and close the links.
- Look for a set of bike link pliers that have padded handles. This makes it more comfortable for your hands when you’re exerting force in order to take apart or put back the master link. Bare metal handles can hurt your hands, especially if you’re using this tool frequently or for a long period of time.
- In addition to the handles being padded, you may want to consider getting pliers that have no-slip grips. This helps to ensure that your hands don’t come off the handles while you’re exerting force. It’s a good way to keep yourself safe and make sure your bike frame and chain don’t get any dents.
- Portability might be important. If you want to include a set of bike link pliers in a small tool kit in your car, look for lightweight ones that are compact or a multi-tool that can perform multiple maintenance tasks on your bike.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide