5 STARS UNITED Removable Fleece Weighted Blanket Cover, 48 x 72-Inch
Last updated date: October 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blanket Covers 48x72 and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket Cover 48x72 you should buy.
In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the 5 STARS UNITED 5 STARS UNITED Removable Fleece Weighted Blanket Cover, 48 x 72-Inch placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket Cover 48 x 72 for a detailed review of all the top weighted blanket covers 48x72.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Our weighted blanket covers are made of premium-grade materials CERTIFIED by OEKO-TEX. Both sides of the duvet cover are made of ECO-COTTON FABRIC that is breathable, smooth to touch and has a natural cooling effect, allowing you to sleep comfortably all night long during Summer. Please note, a weighted blanket is not included
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blanket Covers 48x72
Weighted blankets have become very popular and are touted for their ability to help improve sleep. They usually weigh anywhere from 15 to 35 pounds, and they are filled with plastic pellets, tiny glass microbeads or other similar materials. Fans of these blankets claim that the pressure from the weight produces a snuggly, calming effect.
Since they are so heavy, though, weighted blankets are not easy to wash. That’s why some companies are selling increasingly popular duvets specifically made for weighted blankets. These covers are designed just for this purpose, and they are different from traditional duvets.
Many weighted blanket duvets have features like extra ties and zippers that make it easier to insert and remove the blankets. Some are made of breathable cotton; some are velvety and plush and others have cooling materials to allow you to use them in all seasons. You can find duvets made of different fabrics on either side for a little variety.
If you have allergies, look for hypoallergenic duvet covers. After all, the many benefits of a weighted blanket won’t do you any good if you are up all night with a stuffy nose.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first weighted blanket was invented by Keith Zivalich, who was inspired when his daughter dropped a Beanie Baby on his shoulder. The weight felt like a hug, so he tried to capitalize on the idea. He created a bean-filled comforter for children, and called it the “Magic Blanket.” Word spread to the pediatric community, and the blanket was used as a therapeutic device.
The Magic Blanket became popular with kids who had “anxiety and autism-related sensory disorders,” since it was shown to stimulate the release of dopamine and serotonin, which can alleviate stress. This was back in the 1990s, and the idea morphed into weighted blankets for adults in the past few years.
The Weighted Blanket Cover 48x72 Buying Guide
- Weighted blankets are not included with the duvet covers designed for them. However, many companies sell matching pieces separately.
- Most weighted blanket covers are fairly affordable, and a they are a worthwhile investment that will protect your weighted blanket for years to come. They go a long way toward cutting down on laundry costs and time spent.
- 48-inch by 72-inch weighted blanket duvets are perfect for twin-sized beds.
- If you already have a weighted blanket, check to see if it has any attachment loops for a cover, and look for a cover with the same style of connector.
- Weighted blankets are not for everyone. Children and the elderly may have difficulty extricating themselves from weighted blankets, and others may not like the way they feel. Before buying, research what the return policy is on such a linen.
- Check if the duvet cover has ties and zippers.
- Read the washing instructions before you buy. You don’t want a blanket cover that is difficult to care for.