5 Stars United Glass Food Storage Containers with Lids
Last updated date: October 7, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage for Leftovers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage for Leftovers you should buy.
Update as October 29, 2019:
Checkout The Best Storage for Leftovers for a detailed review of all the top storage for leftovers.
In our analysis of 60 expert reviews, the 5 Stars United Glass Food Storage Containers with Lids placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
5 STARS UNITED – THE NAME YOU CAN TRUST 10 years of experience combined with the latest technologies. ISO 9001:2000. It is a set of global standards that ensure the products meet customer’s requirements, and that quality is constantly improving. FDA, BPA and High Temperature Aging Tests confirm that our products meet all quality standards as well as the safety of our raw materials. This gives us the certainty that we bring high quality products to the tables and kitchens. Today, our glass containers are exported to over 21 countries and are purchased by millions of customers. glass food storage containers meel preep fresh home kitchen 5 REASONS TO SWITCH TO GLASS CONTAINERS Natural & Safe. The glass containers are made of natural minerals – sand, limestone and soda ash, making them absolutely green and health friendly. Nonporous & Impermeable. The glass containers are fully stain- and odor-resistant. The glossy surface helps to keep food clean, fresh, and tasty for a longer period. Multifunctional. The glass containers can go from the oven to fridge and freezer and can be reheated in the microwave. They’re dishwasher safe and resist scratches. Perfect for taking meals to-go. Durable. Glass is incredibly durable and holds up to years of reuse. If dropped, it’s 100% recyclable. Transparency. The crystal-clear glass containers allow you quickly to identify the contents on your shelves and are perfect for optimum fridge organisation. 5 STARS UNITED GLASS FOOD CONTAINERS WILL MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS IN THE HOME AND OUTSIDE IT leakproof airtight juice united five stars rubber elastic tightly sealed watertight lids food freshness platic lids glass fre BPA 100% LEAKPROOF & HYGIENIC 100% AIRTIGHT COLORUED RIMS EASY OPEN/CLOSING SYSTEM meal prep containers saver keeper prep naturals advantages glass containers plastic meal prep boxes
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage For Leftovers
Whether you’re whipping up holiday favorites, packing lunches or saving leftovers from your favorite takeout joint, one thing’s for sure: You’re going to need a great set of containers to store your leftovers. You could toss your Thanksgiving stuffing into a Ziploc bag or stuff your midday work snack into a flimsy sandwich bag, but you — and your food — deserve better. A fantastic set of reusable storage containers for your food is the best way to keep it fresh.
Food storage containers come in an array of sizes, materials and colors. Glass containers are sturdy and generally safe to put in the microwave, oven and freezer. They’re also easy to see through, so you never lose track of that meal you cooked up a few days ago. However, they are heavier than plastic containers, and they can break or chip if you drop them.
You might end up spending more than you’d like to with glass containers. Luckily, hard plastic containers are quickly catching up to glass in terms of durability and longevity. Most new plastic food storage containers are also BPA-free. Some are dishwasher, oven, freezer and microwave safe, but they still might break down over time. They’re also more likely to retain odors or colors from your food, but this can be prevented with proper care.
Locking lids are available on both glass and plastic containers. These lids offer a tighter seal that may keep your food fresher for longer. They can also prevent spills or leaks, which is vital when packing leftovers for lunch.
Finding the right storage containers for your food will keep your tastebuds happy for days or weeks after you make your meal. Head over to our Tips & Advice for more hints on buying the right set.
The Storage For Leftovers Buying Guide
- If you want a container that you can pop directly in the microwave or oven, look for a glass container with built-in vents under the locking lid. This type of lid provides the airtight storage you need to keep your food fresh and the convenience you need to reheat food in seconds.
- Make sure that any plastic containers you buy are marked “BPA-free.” BPA is an industrial chemical used to make certain plastics, and it was common in plastic containers until a few years ago. It can seep into food over time and cause health problems.
- Many plastic containers are marked safe for ovens, freezers and microwaves, but consumer reviews beg to differ. If you want a guarantee that your plastic containers will last, wash them by hand and let them air dry.
- Airtight containers should have a silicone seal built into the bottom of the lid. Look for this feature before you plunk down cash for a set that isn’t truly airtight.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide