1790 Plastic Food Container Set with Locking Lids
Last updated date: October 4, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage for Leftovers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage for Leftovers you should buy.
Update as October 29, 2019:
Checkout The Best Storage for Leftovers for a detailed review of all the top storage for leftovers.
In our analysis of 60 expert reviews, the 1790 Plastic Food Container Set with Locking Lids placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The perfect solution for your food storage needs! Each set contains 8 total containers with 8 matching lids. Below are the sizes of each container you will receive with your order. rectangular containers 8 oz – 240 mL -1 cup – 5 x 3.5 x 1.5 inches 17 oz – 500 mL – 2.1 cups – 500 mL – 6 x 4 x 2 inches 34 oz – 1000 mL – 4.2 cups – 7 x 5 x 2.5 inches 51 oz – 1500 mL – 6.3 cups – 8.5 x 6 x 3.5 inches square containers 13.5 oz – 400 mL – 1.7 cups – 4 x 4 x 2.5 inches 23.5 oz – 700 mL – 3 cups – 5 x 5 x 3 inches round containers 13.5 oz – 400 mL – 1.7 cups – 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches 27 oz – 800 mL – 3.4 cups – 5.5 x 5.5 x 3 inche You name it, the 1790 containers have it! Features Recap Microwave safe Dishwasher safe (top rack) Fridge safe Freezer safe Airtight Leak proof Odor proof Stain proof BPA free Space efficient Nesting Design The containers fit into each other to help keep your kitchen organized and clutter free. Perfect for those with tight, crowded kitchens, or for those who like to keep their kitchens immaculate. Airtight, Leakproof & Spillproof The blue silicone seal keeps air out and keeps food fresh. So, no more worrying about dried rice and chicken leftovers or vegetables without a snap and crunch. Stain & Odor Proof No one likes smelly plastic containers, so why settle? Store spaghetti, lasagne, meatballs, and everything else with no smell and no worries. Plus, the containers are stain proof. No Hassle Cleanup No need to soak, scrub, and wrestle the 1790 plastic containers. Pop the containers and lids right into the top rack of your dishwasher for an easy clean. Toxin and BPA Free Toxins and Chemicals… YUCK! All materials are FDA approved and food safe. BPA Free Lead Free Phthalate Free
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage For Leftovers
Whether you’re whipping up holiday favorites, packing lunches or saving leftovers from your favorite takeout joint, one thing’s for sure: You’re going to need a great set of containers to store your leftovers. You could toss your Thanksgiving stuffing into a Ziploc bag or stuff your midday work snack into a flimsy sandwich bag, but you — and your food — deserve better. A fantastic set of reusable storage containers for your food is the best way to keep it fresh.
Food storage containers come in an array of sizes, materials and colors. Glass containers are sturdy and generally safe to put in the microwave, oven and freezer. They’re also easy to see through, so you never lose track of that meal you cooked up a few days ago. However, they are heavier than plastic containers, and they can break or chip if you drop them.
You might end up spending more than you’d like to with glass containers. Luckily, hard plastic containers are quickly catching up to glass in terms of durability and longevity. Most new plastic food storage containers are also BPA-free. Some are dishwasher, oven, freezer and microwave safe, but they still might break down over time. They’re also more likely to retain odors or colors from your food, but this can be prevented with proper care.
Locking lids are available on both glass and plastic containers. These lids offer a tighter seal that may keep your food fresher for longer. They can also prevent spills or leaks, which is vital when packing leftovers for lunch.
Finding the right storage containers for your food will keep your tastebuds happy for days or weeks after you make your meal. Head over to our Tips & Advice for more hints on buying the right set.
The Storage For Leftovers Buying Guide
- If you want a container that you can pop directly in the microwave or oven, look for a glass container with built-in vents under the locking lid. This type of lid provides the airtight storage you need to keep your food fresh and the convenience you need to reheat food in seconds.
- Make sure that any plastic containers you buy are marked “BPA-free.” BPA is an industrial chemical used to make certain plastics, and it was common in plastic containers until a few years ago. It can seep into food over time and cause health problems.
- Many plastic containers are marked safe for ovens, freezers and microwaves, but consumer reviews beg to differ. If you want a guarantee that your plastic containers will last, wash them by hand and let them air dry.
- Airtight containers should have a silicone seal built into the bottom of the lid. Look for this feature before you plunk down cash for a set that isn’t truly airtight.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide