1790 Glass Food Storage Container Set with Lids, 18 pc
Last updated date: February 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tupperware Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tupperware Set you should buy.
The 1790 Glass Food Storage Container Set, 18 pc is the perfect solution to store all of your prepared meals, snacks, and leftovers. Made of borosilicate glass for durability and easy heating, these containers are oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the 1790 1790 Glass Food Storage Container Set, 18 pc placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 18, 2019:
Checkout The Best Tupperware Set for a detailed review of all the top tupperware sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
glass tupperware set bpa free bpa free glass tupperware set toxin free glass tupperware set oven safe glass tupperware containers 4 Rectangle Containers: 1520 ml or 6.4 cups, 1050 ml or 4.4 cups, 640 ml or 2.7 cups, 370 ml or 1.5 cups 3 Round Containers: 650 ml or 2.7 cups, 400 ml or 1.6 cups , 210 ml or 0.8 cups 2 Square Containers: 800 ml or 3.3 cups and 320 ml or 1.3 cups Be Done with Toxin Filled Plastic Containers! If you are like us, you are tired of dangerous chemicals like Bisphenol A (yea, that’s BPA) leaking out of plastic bags or old dingy plastic containers. This is why we wanted to sell glass storage containers in the first place. 1790 is committed to a BPA Free and Toxin Free lifestyle and want our customers to have that freedom too. Our container set has 9 Borosilicate Glass Containers and 9 BPA Free Locking Lids, with sizes listed below 9 Glass Containers and 9 Plastic Lids BPA and Toxin Free Locking Lids Borosilicate Glass Containers Heat resistant up to 450 ºF Dishwasher and Freezer Safe Travel Ready Airtight Seal Lids Glass Tupperware Set Food As Fresh As the Day You Made It glass tupperware set glass food storage containers Glass Meal Prep glass tupperware set bpa free 1790 18pc Glass Food Storage Container 1790 14pc Glass Food Storage Container 1790 3PK Glass Meal Prep Containers 1790 18pc Glass Food Storage Container (Domed Lid) Number of Containers 9 7 3 9 Type of Lid Flat Flat Slotted Domed Container Function Leftover Storage Leftover Storage Meal Prep Container Leftover Storage Borosilicate Glass? ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Dishwasher Safe? ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Toxin Free? ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Packing Solution Nesting Nesting Stacking Nesting
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tupperware Sets
No kitchen is complete without a quality Tupperware set. These sets are essential for storing leftovers, packing lunches and even dividing up food into proper portions. There are a variety of sets on the market, which can cause some confusion when you begin your search for the best Tupperware set. This guide breaks down each of the features you’ll want to look for so you can make the most informed decision.
Look at the material used to make the Tupperware set. Whether the containers are made of plastic or glass, it is important that they are listed as BPA-free. Several of the glass models have a big benefit over their plastic counterparts. For example, the Prep Naturals Glass Food Containers with Lids, 26 pc has thermo-resistant properties that can withstand temperatures up to 840 degrees Fahrenheit.
Determine the shapes and sizes that will work best in your kitchen. The Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Container Set, 18 pc has circular and rectangular containers in several different sizes. They even have multicolored lids. Other sets are strictly one shape with a few different sizes or one shape with just one size.
Examine the Tupperware lids. You want to make sure, at the very least, that they create a tight seal that prevents leaks. Some sets go above and beyond, like the Rubbermaid Brilliance Leak-Proof Food Storage, 10 pc. This model not only has lids with an airtight seal but also secure latches that let you know the lids are firmly in place.
Check to see whether the Tupperware set is listed as stain and odor-resistant — you don’t want today’s peanut butter and jelly sandwich to smell like last night’s salmon. It’s also important to make sure the set is safe to use in the freezer or microwave if you plan on storing leftovers for longer than a few days or heating them up the next day.
Consider any extras that may make one Tupperware set a little more attractive than another. You may find a set with innovative vents that work to release steam when cooking in a microwave, or you may come across a set, like the Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage, 42 pc, that is stackable for easy storage. In fact, this model’s lids not only snap onto the containers but also onto the other lids. That means no more loose lids falling all over the place in your cabinet.
DYWM Fun Fact
During the Great Depression, a man named Earl Tupper saw his landscaping business decline. He then had to get a job in a factory that made plastic. Within 10 years, he created what we now know as Tupperware. His first containers were bowls called Wonderbowls. Although Tupperware is a specific brand name, many Americans simply refer to all plastic storage containers as Tupperware. Below are a few more facts that you may not have known about this handy invention.
- Tupperware parties have become so popular worldwide that there is actually a party held every 2.5 seconds.
- Several of Tupper’s containers were so beautiful that they were actually placed on display at the New York Museum of Modern Art.
- Tupper wanted his containers to have lids that were vacuum-sealed, and he actually got the idea of how to do this from a paint can.
- In the Guinness Book of World Records, Tupperware is listed as one of the 10 greatest inventions of the 20th century.
- In the 90s, Tupperware launched a line that included Braille along the bottom of its containers to let the visually impaired know the volume.
- If you lose a lid or container, you can purchase a new one without having to buy an entire Tupperware set.
The Tupperware Set Buying Guide
- While most Tupperware pieces are dishwasher safe, it’s best to only wash plastic items on the top shelf of your dishwasher.
- If your Tupperware begins to smell over time, there are several things you can do to rid the container of that unpleasant odor. Start by setting the Tupperware in the path of direct sunlight. If after a few hours you still notice a lingering odor, fill the container with distilled white vinegar. Let it sit for several minutes before rinsing it clean.
- Storing foods like spaghetti sauce could leave a stain on your Tupperware container. Should this happen, all you need to do is create a paste out of baking soda and water. Rub the paste over the stain and let the paste sit for 24 hours. Afterward, wash the container with dish soap and water and it should be as good as new.
- You don’t have to stick to using your Tupperware containers for food. They have plenty of other uses as well. You can use them to organize your office supplies, hold your arts and crafts items or keep bandages and other first aid items stored safely in your car. You can also re-purpose old Tupperware instead of throwing it away. Turn larger bowls into outdoor birdbaths or decorate old lids to use as coasters on your living room coffee table. The possibilities are limited only by your creativity.
- Check to see if the company offers any type of warranty or guarantee before you buy. For example, you may find one company has a customer service guarantee while another one you’re considering doesn’t. This may help you choose between two sets.
- When it comes to pricing, you’ll need to pay attention to the materials used as well as how many pieces come in each set. The Rubbermaid Brilliance Leak-Proof Food Storage, 10 pc are the cheapest on the market, as they are made out of plastic. The Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage, 42 pc is also plastic, but costs slightly more due to the large number of pieces in the set. Both the Pyrex Simply Store Glass Food Container Set, 18 pc and Prep Naturals Glass Food Containers with Lids, 26 pc command a higher price because they are made out of glass. Naturally, the 26-piece set costs more than the 18-piece set.