12APM String Lights
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Holiday Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Holiday Lights you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
string lights 12APM 200 LEDs Copper Wire String Light, Adjustable Brightness, USB Plug in (Power Adapter included), Starting to save your money from Batteries Silver wire string lights 66ft 200 leds dimmable with on and off switch string lights 66ft warmwhite with remote coldwhite string curtain lights warmwhite string curtain lights Coldwhite 66ft string light with remote Warmwhite 66ft string light with remote Curtain lights-coldwhite Curtain lights-warmwhite Length & LEDs 66 ft &200 LEDs 66 ft &200 LEDs 99 ft &300 LEDs(9.8x9.8 ft) 99 ft &300 LEDs(9.8x9.8 ft) Power Adapter ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Power Sources USB plug in USB plug in USB plug in USB plug in Remote and Timer ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ teepees projects with string lights wrapping Thanks to the Flexiable and slim copper wire, these string lights are perfect to go around teepees, windows or any corner of your room Enough lights give a cozy lighting glow to relax from work Wonderland Lights for girls string lights go up and strang on a tree or branch. They are flexialbe perfect for any creation Adjustable Brightness With on/off switch by the power cord 66 ft waterproof and flxiable copper wire 200 Upgraded BIGGER LED bulbs 3 copper wires to maintance equal brightness FREE power adapted included you can use them to create a magical lighting experience for your home, party or business. Your Christmas and birthday parties will glow with creativity when you include these indoor strings lights to your décor. USB christmas led string lights star hanging on your bedroom wall give a cozy lighting glow at night Wanderlust wall decor-hang up shang up some photos fairy lights on the wall or hang from the ceiling long enough to hang up your window as a curtain lights to light up your night as a sleep night light these lights are waterproof and equip with a USB inferface, they are perfect to bring it outdoor Bendable for Any Creation Durable and Flexiable thin copper wires goes around anything you wanted Perfect choice to create a soothing atmosphere Perfect Length-Photos wall The décor light is LONG ENOUGHT and perfect for spice up your decoration Photos wall inspires you to capture more memories. Strang up as a curtain lights Strang up and down to create a curtain light for a good mood lighting without the heat Weatherproof for Outdoor Since they are waterproof and equip with a USB inferface, they are perfect to bring it outdoor Soft and Comforting Glow to Your Room and Create a Soothing Atmosphere for Relaxing string lights on the wall Chicer than traditional Christmas tree lights and far more affordable than high-end holiday decor, copper-wire lights might just be the right seasonal decoration this year. Wrap, twist, or weave these twinkling strands to transform your house into a holiday wonderland. They could widely use indoor like bedroom dorm living room. They could go up and around window frames, bookcases, curtain rods, walls, etc. 200 LEDs give a very Soft and comforting glow to your room and create a soothing atmosphere for relaxing. Perfect choice for party, wedding, festival, shows, restaurant, hotel, pub, concert or other receptions backdrop decoration.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Holiday Lights
Decorating your home or office with lights is an excellent way to get into a happy spirit. It’s even better when you can gather family or friends and put up the lights while listening to your favorite music. Before you plan your little get-together, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct lights with the right number of bulbs.
Read the product packaging to determine if the lights are safe to use outdoors. This is only important if you are planning an outdoor display. Just remember that outdoor lights can be used indoors, but indoor lights cannot be used outdoors. Indoor lights are not made to withstand wind, rain, snow and ice.
Check to see whether the lights have a green or white wire. For example, the Prextex Green Wire Light Set features green wiring in between each light, which blends in with the green foliage of an evergreen tree beautifully. A white wire would stick out in a tree but would look great across a white fireplace mantel.
Determine what type of lights you’d like, as there are a wide variety of choices. You could stick with all white lights or go with multicolored lights. You can opt for lights that flicker, flash or strobe. The TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has 10 different brightness settings to choose from. Thanks to the handy remote, users can even change the setting from across the room.
Size is also important, as lights come in large, regular and mini sizes. Of course, you’ll need to read the product packaging to determine how long the strand is, as the number of lights doesn’t determine this. That’s because the lights may be spaced further apart on one set than another. Even though the Ehome String Lights has 100 regular-sized lights, it’s only 4 feet shorter than the Noma/Inliten Light Set, which features 300 mini lights.
When browsing similar models, look for any extras that may set one model above the others. Does the light set come with a few replacement bulbs? Is it powered by a USB port instead of batteries or an electrical outlet? Perhaps it’s made with bendable copper wire for easier placement around picture frames and banisters.
DWYM Fun Fact
Before electric bulbs were invented, evergreen trees were decorated with lit candles. After Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, it wasn’t long before his assistant, Edward Johnson, created lights specifically for use on evergreen trees. It took a little while before these lights caught on.
A young man by the name of Albert Sadacca decided to modify the lights after a tragic house fire was caused by the original decoration of a lit candle. He painted the lights for a more colorful glow, and this led the sale of the lights to take off.
Here are a few more facts you may find interesting about lights:
- An astounding 20 million pounds of holiday lights are recycled each year in Shijiao, China.
- Although President Grover Cleveland was the first to decorate an evergreen tree with lights inside the White House, it was President Calvin Coolidge who set up the first outdoor National holiday tree.
- LED lights use 80% less energy than regular lights. The Rockefeller Center evergreen tree goes a step further by powering its LED lights with solar panels.
- The Gay Family in LaGrangeville, New York, has the record for “Most Lights on a Residential Property.” They used an astounding 601,736 lights to decorate their home.
The Holiday Lights Buying Guide
- Never use a light set that has frayed cords, empty sockets or exposed wiring.
- Never add more strands than what is recommended in the product information sheet. This could pose a fire hazard.
- When hanging outdoor lights, stick with light clips that are designed specifically for use with lights. Nails and screws work to secure the lights, but there is a risk you could puncture the cord and expose the wiring. You’ll also need to use a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet with outdoor lights to protect against the winter elements.
- Always conduct an inspection of any lights that you have from a previous year before using them again.
- Look for a UL Safety Certification on the product label. This certification means that the lights have gone through testing and have been found to meet industry standards.
- Festive lights don’t have to be stored away 11 months out of the year. They work great to accent a family portrait or a piece of wall art. They can be used to light up your banister or an outdoor walkway for better night vision.
- If you have a strand or two of lights that no longer work, you can recycle them. Many organizations are willing to take the old lights off your hands because lights are made using copper, plastic and sometimes glass. All of these materials can be melted down to make new products, which reduces waste.
- When comparing light prices, you’ll first need to take into account how many lights are on each strand. After that, look for any extras the light set may offer. For example, the Noma/Inliten Light Set has 300 lights per strand versus the 100 lights the other sets offer, so it commands a higher price. Although the TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has the same amount of lights as the Prextex Green Wire Light Set and the Ehome String Lights, it costs a little more due to its added remote control and multiple brightness options.