Barbie Ultimate Dreamhouse Dollhouse
Last updated date: March 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Doll Houses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Doll House you should buy.
Editor's Note March 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Doll Houses for a detailed review of all the top doll houses.
This exciting doll house comes with 70 pieces of furniture and accessories. With a working elevator that can fit four dolls, lights and sounds, a pool and a water slide, it’s engaging on every level. Plus, the furniture is adaptable, such as the couch which turns into a bunk bed.
In our analysis, the Barbie Barbie Ultimate Dreamhouse Dollhouse placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
When young imaginations move into the Barbie Dreamhouse, they turn this amazing dollhouse into a dream home! More than 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide, the Barbie Dreamhouse has so many amazing features -three stories, eight rooms that include a carport (car not included) and a home office, a working elevator that fits four dolls, a pool that has a slide descending from the story above, five pieces of transforming furniture, lights, sounds and more than 60 additional accessories, including an adorable puppy, that can all be used to decorate, set the scene and play out so many stories. Plug-and-play design helps keep pieces in place as small hands move around (and make clean up easy for adult hands!). Decorations and furniture for indoor and outdoor settings inspire play from all angles, and the transformations provide two-in-one fun while encouraging flexible action -the couch turns into bunk beds, the coffee table flips for a bed sized for Chelsea doll (sold separately), the fireplace becomes a home office, the refrigerator turns into an outdoor food stand and the oven houses a barbecue in back. Lights and sounds add even more delightful touches -the oven lights up and the timer ticks, the stovetop sizzles with the frying pan and whistles with the tea kettle and the toilet makes a flushing sound. Young decorators will have so much fun moving accessories around the house as they explore their personal style and tell all kinds of stories, from daytime to nighttime, indoor to outdoor, Barbie home alone or with a house full of friends and family (dolls sold separately). Pool parties, friend sleepovers, sister bonding, backyard BBQs, birthday, holidays and every day there are endless stories to tell and limitless ways to explore living in the Barbie Dreamhouse because with Barbie, anything is possible. Includes Barbie Dreamhouse and 70 accessories that include furniture, household items and a puppy; dolls, fashions and car not included. Colors and decorations may vary.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Doll Houses
For centuries, dollhouses have served as a fun, eye-catching form of entertainment. Although classic dollhouses were made from wood, today you can find a wide variety of designs and materials, from plastic to classic wood.
If you’re looking for a dollhouse, your first consideration should be the recommended age range. Some dollhouses are designed for toddlers, while others are meant for older children. Small pieces can be a choking hazard for younger children, so it’s important to keep an eye on them if that’s a concern for you.
Another consideration is whether the dollhouse includes miniature people. Some children are happy just to rearrange furnishings, but others will want a family to live in the house they’ve designed. Luckily, you can easily find a wide variety of miniature doll sets to plug into an existing dollhouse.
One feature that’s become popular in recent years is the open-concept dollhouse, in which the walls are absent from the exterior of the house to make it easy for kids to reach their hands inside and move people and furnishings around.
Packaging is important, too. Some dollhouses include the furnishings in moving boxes to let kids create an entire “move-in day” to celebrate the arrival of their new dollhouse. Others simply put the accessories inside the dollhouse to help kids get started playing right away.
The Doll House Buying Guide
- Furniture is often included with a dollhouse, but you can also buy items separately. Check to see how many pieces are included before you buy.
- Decorating is a large part of the fun of dollhouse playtime. Some dollhouses are set up so that you can easily change up the rooms and even redirect staircases to other areas of the house.
- Dollhouses come in a wide range of sizes. There are small ones with extra-tiny furnishings and people, as well as dollhouses as tall as a toddler. Common dollhouse sizes are 5 inches, 12 inches and 18 inches.
- You aren’t stuck with one dollhouse for life. Keep in mind that you can start with one type, then graduate to a dollhouse meant for older children as your kids grow.
- Although today’s dollhouses are meant for children, they still can enhance your décor. Look at your child’s room and choose a dollhouse that matches.
- Durability is a top consideration with any children’s toy. You can already plan for the miniatures to get dirty and scratched with regular play, so check to see if you’ll be able to easily replace the items if that happens.
- If you want a dollhouse with an antique look, there are plenty that feature a vintage design. But you can also find dollhouses with a contemporary style, as well as some that include amenities like a pool and lamps that light up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide