Tax season is almost here—ugh. But there is a bright spot in all that doom and gloom: Tax season means there is work to be done, which means there are jobs available!
That includes at Jackson Hewitt, where they’re looking to fill several work-from-home jobs. And even better news? You don’t even need tax-filing experience.
The jobs are all full-time, but are seasonal and the longest they’ll last is six months. The job descriptions say the positions are located in Florida, but candidates from all 50 states will be considered, according to a company rep who spoke to The Penny Hoarder.
Pay ranges from $10.50-$15 an hour, so it could be a great job for some extra holiday cash.
Here’s a closer look at the job openings:
Client Care Representative
The client care representative will help customers over the phone or online.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of call center experience
- Great communication and data entry skills and the ability to remain professional and patient
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other tech systems
The escalations specialist will help with customer complaints, issues and service delivery failures.
- Two years of customer service experience, relevant escalations experience preferred
- Excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This job posting says the candidate will have the option to work from home, though it’s not specifically listed as a 100 percent remote job.
The real-time analyst manages the schedule for call center employees to make sure there is enough staffing for the expected volume of calls.
- At least one year of experience in a multi-channel call center and at least one year of experience in trend analysis
- Experience using spreadsheets and database software, like Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience using a major automatic call distribution system and forecasting/scheduling software
- Some college with mathematical or statistical coursework is desired
Operations Support Representative
There are two positions available within this job category—one is slightly more complex than the other. Read on to learn more.
The tier 1-level operations support representative will answer hardware and networking troubleshooting calls or web chats or escalate the problem to a tier-2 employee.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of tech support contact center experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer systems and the ability to learn new technology
The tier 2-level operations support representative will answer advanced hardware and networking troubleshooting problems from Jackson Hewitt franchise and corporate employees via phone calls or web chats.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least two years of tech support contact center experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, contact center applications, quality monitoring tools and other computer systems
Other Seasonal Work
If you’re looking for other seasonal work, this time that takes you out of the home, be sure to see if your local stores are hiring for the holidays. One such store is Kohl’s, which still lists seasonal positions on their website.