If you struggle with your spending habits and/or credit card debt, you’re certainly not alone. Whether it’s that daily latte habit, that exotic vacation we can’t quite afford or online shopping, our credit cards bear the brunt of our less-than-perfect spending habits.
While getting your finances in order should be an issue you take seriously, sometimes, you just have to laugh at it all. With that in mind, @HashtagRoundUp recently asked people to tweet what their credit card would say to them if it could talk, using the hashtag #MyCreditCardTellsMe. And the responses were pretty hilarious.
Read on to see some of the most LOL-inducing tweets that sum up what life is like for those of us who don’t always spend responsibly.
1. Sometimes, no matter how much it hurts, you realize that it’s time for a relationship to end.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe We should take some time apart.
— claudia corleto (@ClaudiaCorleto) October 7, 2017
2. And sometimes you just need #realtalk, even if that comes from your credit card.
Minimum payments ain’t gonna pay this thing off ya know!#MyCreditCardTellsMe
— Sean Burke (@Burkeeboy) October 5, 2017
3. This girl knows that online shopping can be come a serious habit.
— IzzieBiggs (@IzzieEBiggs) October 8, 2017
4. When you are straight up wearing your credit card out.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe “Sis, honestly I’m just exhausted. Like I have nothing left to give fr.”
— taylor (@potayterchip) October 4, 2017
5. This girl’s credit card is just stating the facts.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe that I am in debt. Nothing else.
— The Orginal Asha Banks (@AshaSheikh) October 3, 2017
6. They don’t call it “Whole Paycheck” for nothing!
— ConnorFrol (@c_frol) October 3, 2017
7. At least this person knows what they like.
— BlissedKitten (@BlissedKitten) September 30, 2017
8. Hey, turns out there are some perks to living beyond your means.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe You don’t have to worry about anyone stealing your identity. Nobody wants a 28% APR
— TeachingIs TheWorst (@T3achingWorst) September 30, 2017
9. We all need a little retail therapy now and then.
— ☕ Loading … (@lov3_docta) September 30, 2017
10. But Fluffy needs just one more squeaky toy!
— GodsGirl (@GodIgetitnow) September 30, 2017
11. Everyone likes a night off from cooking, but takeout can become a habit you just can’t seem to quit.
— Steph 🌛🌝🌜 (@StephanieTemo) September 30, 2017
12. It’s all well and good until the credit card bill arrives in the mail.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe I'm going to remember every stupid thing you bought and once a month I'm telling your wife on your dumbass
— JD Rankin (@realjdrankin) September 30, 2017
13. Adapting to the chip can be hard.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe stop trying to swipe, it has a chip and i'm supposed to insert it. Wait– it said do NOT remove card! Crap! Start over.
— Dee Kay (@unlikethem) September 30, 2017
14. Believe it or not, there is a difference.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe I like to be used, not abused.
— Rudolf (@criticus666) September 30, 2017
15. Sometimes, you just need to be told “no.”
— Hannah Kirby (@IamHannahKirby) September 30, 2017
16. Interest rates are no joke.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe that, given my calculations, I'll be able to pay it off when I'm 112 years old.
— nancy sheila ward (@nancysheila29) September 30, 2017
17. You know what they say: the best things in life are free.
— Vanessa | GONE TO TRENCH ||-// 🌻 (@HeadedTrueEast) September 30, 2017
18. It’s all about the rewards.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe Life goals are measured in airline miles
— Best After Whisky (@bestafterwhisky) September 30, 2017
19. It turns out that entertaining yourself at home is actually pretty expensive.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe no more Netflix, no more IMusic or Spotify
— Sara Rico-Godoy 👾 (@JustSaraR) September 30, 2017
20. This lady’s credit card is trying to get her to make better decisions.
— Pam (@passphx) September 30, 2017
21. It can be way too easy to justify overspending.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe who cares if you don’t have money,charge it on the card, you’re building credit
— Susan (@stillsmilinggg) October 8, 2017
22. Everything in moderation.
You don't need to watch every marvel film four times in cinemas. Just guardians 2 is fine #MyCreditCardTellsMe
— GiantBlueSkyPortal (@GiantBlueTweets) October 5, 2017
23. Facts can be so pesky.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe I already have a lipstick in a shade close to that and surely I must have a caffeine limit…
— Samfar (@SamfarLattay) October 4, 2017
24. At least this person is excelling at one area in their life.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe that I exceed expectations , of my credit limit that is. AHAHAHAHA …. * crickets *
— Exiled Caste 🍂 (@ExiledCaste) October 3, 2017
25. You really need to read the fine print when it comes to cash back rewards.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe I will give you $.01 cash back after you spend $5,364,984 in crap you don’t need.
— KCH (@ladycontractor1) October 3, 2017
26. Automatic charges can be dangerous.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe girl, what's the point in that gym membership anyways? you've gone twice in 4 months
— aud stefan (@audstefan) October 3, 2017
27. Remember, you should never shop and drink.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe not to go on amazon prime with a glass of wine in hand
— Genevieve Marie (@iamtheuglylover) September 30, 2017
28. This is one time cheating might be OK.
#MyCreditCardTellsMe to cheat on it with cash… We have an unhealthy relationship
— Makeda Nzingha Hill (@makedanzingha) September 30, 2017
What does my credit card tell me? Lots of things. But: