The Best Window Film To Block Heat
We looked at the top 19 Window Films To Block Heat and dug through the reviews from 37 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Window Films To Block Heat.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Blocking the amount of sun that shines into your apartment or home can help a lot with your electricity bill. On warmer days, it is important to look into options that will help you reduce heat and stay cooler.
With heat-blocking window films, you can stop heat in its tracks. Films come in all shapes and sizes, so you should have no problem finding the right fit for you. The right fit is important because you want the film to cover your window completely for the best results.
Films add comfort and efficiency to your home. They reject solar energy, reduce glare and make your interior cooler. They also block UV rays, helping you and your furniture stay safe and in good condition. A great option would be the Gila heat control three-in-one window film.
You should look for films that are durable and tear-resistant. They should also be easy to install and be able to firmly stick to your windows. The better it sticks, the better the protection. If you are looking for the best way to stick a film to your window, look for films that use static cling versus a film that adheres right to your window.
The adhesive usually lasts longer, but the static cling gives you more flexibility. With static cling, if you think you placed the film incorrectly, you can easily take it off and start again. With adhesive, once you place it, that is where it will stick. If you are placing a film for the first time, we suggest using a film backing with static cling first to test it out.
If you want to make it harder for people to look inside your home, consider the BDF NA05 window film. It will provide you with daytime privacy and keep the heat down. Films that provide you with extra privacy are great for homes that are close together, or if you live in a first-floor apartment.
You may also be looking for films that are easy to see through. Just because you want to block out heat, might not mean you want to block out light. Another thing to look for is how reflective the film is. This is all personal preference.
Our Picks For The Top Window Films To Block Heat
- 1. STATINT Advanced Anti UV Window Film To Block Heat, 35.4-Inch x 6.5-Feet
- 2. WPCTEV Energy Saving Protective Heat Control Window Film, 17.5-Inch x 6.5-Feet
- 3. Volcanics Energy Efficient Rainbow Window Film To Block Heat, 17.5×78.7-Inch
- 4. Rabbitgoo Privacy Kaleidoscopic Heat Control Window Film, 35×157-Inch
- 5. CottonColors Easy Install Heat Control Window Film, 35×79-Inch
- 6. Coavas Cooling Glare Control Window Film To Block Heat, 17.5×6.5-Inch
- 7. Best Home Fashion Non-Adhesive Heat Control Window Film, 3×6.5-Feet
- 8. Coavas One-Way Mirror Solar Window Film
- 9. HIDBEA Energy Saving UV Window Film To Block Heat, 35.4-Inch x 8.2-Feet
- 10. BDF NA05 UV Protection Window Film To Block Heat, 48-Inch x 12-Feet
- 11. Gila Low Reflectivity 3-in-1 Window Film To Block Heat, 3×15-Feet
- 12. Gila Darkening Heat Control Window Film, 36×78-Inch
- 13. KESPEN Mirrored One Way Window Film To Block Heat, 35.4-Inch x 8.2-Feet
- 14. Gila CS78 Glare Control Smoke Window Film
- 15. Gila Privacy Black Static Cling Heat Insulation Window Film
- 16. FILMGOO Static Cling Heat Control Window Film, 18-Inch x 8-Feet
- 17. Xiawei Energy-Saving Insulated Window Film To Block Heat, 17.5-Inch x 6.5-Feet
- 18. Gila 3-In-1-Heat Control Window Film
- 19. LEMON CLOUD Floral Heat Control Window Film, 35×157-Inch
Advanced Anti UV Window Film To Block Heat, 35.4-Inch x 6.5-Feet
During the day, this unique window film to block heat creates a mirrored-effect, providing much needed privacy. It's able to block 80 percent of the sun's UV rays, keeping your home more comfortable. The roll is available in 10 different sizes, so you're sure to find one that meets your needs.
Multiple Color OptionsWith this window film to block heat, you'll have a choice between black, blue, brown or silver.
Energy Saving Protective Heat Control Window Film, 17.5-Inch x 6.5-Feet
In addition to keeping your home cool and comfortable, this heat control window film blocks out 97 percent of the sun's UV rays. That means your furniture and flooring are protected from fading over time. The film is available in six different colors and 12 sizes, so you're sure to find a roll that works well in your space.
12 Sizes AvailableIf you are looking for a mirror effect, opt for this high-quality heat control window film.
Energy Efficient Rainbow Window Film To Block Heat, 17.5x78.7-Inch
This window film to block heat is not only energy efficient, but it's also quite decorative. It features a soft rainbow pattern that appears like stained glass. Since it works using static cling, you'll find installation is a breeze and doesn't require any glue.
Budget-Friendly PickYou'll love the affordable price tag on this window film to block heat.
Privacy Kaleidoscopic Heat Control Window Film, 35x157-Inch
You'll get seven different size options with this heat control window film, which means it can work for a variety of window and door types. To install, just cut to size, leaving a little excess that you can cut off with a utility knife, and press into place. The stained glass design makes it perfect for bathrooms and other areas of your house that ...
Easiest to InstallWith seven size options and a water-based installation process, this heat control window film is the easiest to adhere to your windows.
Why we recommend these window films to block heat?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 19 Window Films To Block Heat and also dug through the reviews from 37 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Window Films To Block Heat.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- Pay attention to how much heat and light a film will block. There are variations and one might fit your needs better.
- Think about where in your house you need the most protection. You might not need to place films all over the house, but just in certain areas that are most affected.
- Do not forget about your skylights. These have direct sun hitting them and may be the cause of a warmer home.
- Read up on the instructions. If you have an adhesive backing, you want to make sure you get it right the first time.
- Films also come in different colors and designs. You can even make your windows look like stained glass if you want to. There are options ranging from super simple to more elaborate.
- Ask for help if you need it no matter how easy you think the installation process will be. You might want an extra person there to help you place the film and smooth it out so there are no bubbles.
- If you are looking for films for something other than glass, look for films that feature multi-surface adhesion.
- The longer a film’s warranty, the better it might hold up. Look for films that are warrantied against bubbling, cracking and fading.
- Films can be left up in all seasons, so do not think you have to take them down once summer is over.