The Best Wall Decals
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Home décor has no limits. Your living space is the perfect canvas to show off your style and personality. While paint, furniture, textiles and artwork are great ways to establish your home’s aesthetic, wall decals have quickly become a top choice. Wall decals are stickers made out of vinyl that are designed specifically for going on the wall. They come in endless designs, colors and shapes and can help you create a unique and eye-catching look.
One of the biggest benefits of using wall decals is that they are easy to install. Unlike wallpaper, which is usually finicky and difficult to properly adhere, wall decals are simple to stick on. They typically work just like a normal sticker, so all you have to do is peel off the backing and stick the decal to the wall. Plus, if you don’t get the installation right the first time, you can simply peel off the decal and apply it again without losing any stickiness or damaging the paint on the wall.
The best wall decals can also be used multiple times. You can remove them and place them on a different part of your wall, or even in a different room. If you’re moving, you can simply remove the decals and take them with you to your new space.
Another major benefit of wall decals is that they are easy to maintain. There is no dusting or cleaning involved. While wall paper can stain and fade, wall decals are durable and long lasting. If you do need to clean them, they can just be wiped with a soft cloth or paper towel.
Our Picks For The Top Wall Decals
Live, Laugh, Love Inspiring Wall Decals
Add a unique touch anywhere in your home with this versatile wall decal that can be applied to many different surfaces. It is made from non-toxic PVC material. The decal is easy to remove without causing any damage to the wall.
Make Yourself SmileThis motivational wall decal can be applied to many different surfaces for a great look.
Marvel Superhero Removable Wall Decals
These wall decals are ideal for lovers of superhero stories. They are easy to apply and officially licensed with Marvel imagery. The decals shouldn't leave any sticky residue when removed.
For Superhero FansThese wall decals are perfect for kids who love Avengers characters like Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America.
Customizable Multi-Size Name Wall Decals
Customize this handsome decal with the name and initial printed on it, as well as the font and size you prefer. There are also multiple color options so you can match your space.
Fully PersonalizedYou can select the name and initial, font, size and color of this wall decal for maximum control.
3D Butterfly Decoration Removable Wall Decals, 80-Piece
Create an eye-catching display with these decals that make it look like butterflies are coming off the wall. The decals can be applied to a dry, clean and smooth surface.
Three-Dimensional MagicThese unique wall decals give the illusion that they are flying off the surface.
What to Look For
- When deciding on which wall decal you want, be sure to carefully consider where you will put it. Measure the space on the wall to determine what size of decal you will need. The dimensions of the space you have available will affect what kind of design you can have. For example, if you have a tall and skinny space for the wall decal, you likely shouldn’t apply a landscape decal.
- Wall decals are a great way to establish mood in your space. For example, if you’re looking to create a feeling of playfulness in your baby’s nursery, consider getting wall decals of cartoon characters. If you want to create a feeling of calm and relaxation in your bedroom, consider wall decals of butterflies or abstract designs.
- Before you install the wall decal, always read through the installation instructions carefully. This way, you can ensure you’re putting it on correctly so that it will be easy to remove when it’s time to do that.
- If the wall decal appears to be firmly stuck to the wall and you can’t peel it off, you can apply low heat to the decal. Use a hair dryer on a low setting and apply the heat to a corner of the wall decal. This should loosen the glue on the decal and allow it to peel off without damaging any part of the wall.
- The best type of paint to apply wall decals on is flat latex paint. This is a better option than walls that have gloss latex paint or an oil-based enamel paint.
- If you peel off the wall decal and there is adhesive residue left on the wall, you should be able to easily wipe it away with a wet cloth and soapy water.
More to Explore
Many people love wall decals because they don’t have the permanency of paint or wall paper. Wall decals are easy to change out often so you can completely alter the look and feel of your space. This makes them ideal for kids’ rooms because you can change the wall decals as kids grow.
After all, a kid’s tastes are bound to change as the years pass and wall decals can change right along with them without causing you to do a major renovation project.