The Best Teacher Clothes
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Whether you’re a new teacher just entering the profession or an experienced one looking to refresh your wardrobe, getting new teacher clothes can be both overwhelming and exciting. What do teacher clothes look like? It will widely depend on a number of factors such as the dress code of the school, the subject you teach and the age of your students, but most teachers tend to dress in a business casual way. Teacher clothes are professional looking but are also relaxed and flexible.
The most important thing to keep in mind when looking for teacher clothes is comfort. Teachers often spend the whole day on their feet, whether its standing at the board or helping kids at their desks. Teachers require their clothes to offer movement and flexibility, for when they have to sit on the floor during circle time or help 30 students zip up their winter coats. Making comfort a priority ensures that teachers are able to do their jobs without any physical restrictions, such as high heels hurting their feet or a tight skirt limiting how they can sit.
Many teachers prefer low maintenance clothes that are easy to wear and take care of. This means going for fabrics that are machine washable, tumble dryer friendly and don’t require ironing. For example, nylon, polyester, knit fabrics, denim and cotton blends are all good choices that are low maintenance and affordable. If an item is dry clean only, you may be less inclined to wear it since it requires extra work to maintain and clean.
Our Picks For The Top Teacher Clothes
- 1. Dickies Slim Fit Bootcut Twill Pant Teacher Clothes
- 2. WDIRARA Stretch Material Plaid Print Pant Teacher Clothes
- 3. MEROKEETY Relaxed Fit Short Sleeve Midi Dress Teacher Clothes
- 4. Lee Secretly Shapes Wrinkle-Free Twill Pant Teacher Clothes
- 5. Simier Fariry Side Slit Pockets Midi Dress Teacher Clothes
Slim Fit Bootcut Twill Pant Teacher Clothes
Every teacher needs this pair of twill pants that are professional and casual. They have a contoured waistband that is stretchy. The pants are boot cut at the bottom.
Essential ItemThis professional and casual pair of pants is a wardrobe basic.
Stretch Material Plaid Print Pant Teacher Clothes
These pants are highly versatile and can be worn anywhere. They have a paperbag elastic waist. The legs are skinny fit and will work with any kind of shoe or boot.
For Any OccasionThese pants are ideal for work, casual wear or parties.
Relaxed Fit Short Sleeve Midi Dress Teacher Clothes
This unique dress is ideal for a teacher wardrobe because it has pockets to fit essentials. It is made from comfortable material that is machine washable. The feminine color is soft and eye-catching.
Unique DesignThis dress has a midi length with pockets.
Secretly Shapes Wrinkle-Free Twill Pant Teacher Clothes
These mid-rise, regular-fit pants are a wardrobe basic for teachers. They are made from cotton, polyester and spandex and are machine washable. They have front slant pockets and back welt pockets.
Wardrobe BasicThese mid-rise, regular-fit pants are a must-have.
What to Look For
- Versatility plays a major role when buying teacher clothing. It’s important to get pieces of clothing that work well with many different things and can be worn in different ways. This enables you to have more flexibility in your wardrobe. For example, a pair of pants in a neutral tone will work well with just about any shirt, while a pair of pants in a bold color may limit what you can wear them with.
- Before you buy new teacher clothes, be sure to shop your closet to see what you can pair with your new clothes. Often, some items can get buried under others we wear often and we tend to forget about our existing purchases.
- Think about what is missing from your existing wardrobe and what you need to complete certain outfits. For example, if you have a couple of skirts that you want to wear, you may get more use out of them if you buy a couple of tops that will match and create cohesive outfits.
- Don’t forget about the shoes, which are one of the most important pieces of a teacher wardrobe. If you don’t have comfortable shoes, you’ll end up with aching feet that limit your mobility. As with clothes, ensure the shoes are versatile and can go with many different outfits. Keep in mind that you may have to stand up in the shoes for hours at a time, so having good arch support is vital.
- If you want to dress up your teacher clothes, an easy way to do so is with accessories. A statement necklace, an eye-catching pair of earrings or a colorful scarf can completely transform a boring outfit into a stunning one.
Teacher Clothing Rankings
More to Explore
One of the most versatile articles of clothing a teacher can have is a cardigan. An open-front light sweater with buttons, a cardigan can change the look of an outfit in just a few seconds. Keep one in a neutral tone in the classroom in case you get chilly so you can throw it on top of any outfit. If you want to wear a cardigan with a neutral outfit, opt for one in a bold and bright color like red or yellow so you can make the outfit more visually interesting.