The Best Shower Curtain Liner
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
If you’ve ever bought a shower curtain, you know that they aren’t always designed for the moisture-heavy conditions found in bathrooms. The decorative type of shower curtain that might be the best fit for your bathroom décor won’t necessarily prevent mold or repel water the way you need it to.
That’s where a shower curtain liner can help. The liner typically goes on the inside of the tub while the outer curtain hangs outside. The liner then catches the water before it can reach the curtain, keeping the curtain dry.
One of the great things about shower curtain liners is that they can even be used alone, though if you plan to use only the liner, you may want to look for one that isn’t transparent, particularly if you live with roommates or frequently have houseguests.
Keep in mind that inexpensive liners may not last very long, and it might be worth shelling out a little extra money for a higher-quality liner that will last a while, rather than having to replace the liner within a few months.
Our Picks For The Top Shower Curtain Liners
- 1. LiBa PEVA Transparent PVC-Free Shower Curtain Liner
- 2. AmazerBath Clear Plastic Shower Curtain Liner
- 3. downluxe Heavy Duty PEVA Clear Shower Curtain Liner
- 4. N&Y HOME PVC-Free Hotel Shower Curtain Liner
- 5. GoodGram Waterproof Odor-Free Shower Curtain Liner
- 6. LOVTEX Transparent Magnetic Shower Curtain Liner
- 7. iDesign Waterproof Eco-Friendly Shower Curtain Liner
- 8. LiBa Water Resistant Quick Dry Shower Curtain Liner
PEVA Transparent PVC-Free Shower Curtain Liner
Keep your bathroom dry with this waterproof shower curtain liner. It features 12 metal grommets that won't rust and is constructed using earth-friendly materials. The liner can be used alone or with a decorative shower curtain.
Resists Soap ScumThis shower curtain liner is three times thicker than competing brands.
Clear Plastic Shower Curtain Liner
With 14 different shades to choose from, you're sure to find this shower curtain liner in a color that matches your bathroom theme. The liner is constructed from a thick EVA material that won't rip and the 12 metal grommet holes ensure the liner doesn't come loose in the middle of your shower. The liner is also easy to clean and can be wiped down w...
Most EconomicalIf you have several bathrooms to outfit, this low-cost shower curtain liner is an excellent option.
Heavy Duty PEVA Clear Shower Curtain Liner
This clear shower curtain liner can be used as a liner or as a shower curtain. The liner has magnet inserts that will automatically adhere to the side of your tub to keep the liner in place while you're showering. The water-resistant material is 8-gauge PEVA plastic for those seeking an eco-friendly option.
Rustproof HardwareThe reinforced header and rustproof grommets in this liner will give you years of use, while also being easy to hang.
PVC-Free Hotel Shower Curtain Liner
This liner is made from hotel-grade breathable polyester, which makes it a durable option. It can be used as a shower curtain alone, if you prefer not to have two layers to deal with. You'll get the look of fabric in a waterproof material that can be tossed in the washing machine when it needs to be cleaned.
Hotel-Grade MaterialThis hotel-grade shower curtain liner will give you the waterproof features of plastic with the look of fabric.
What to Look For
- Shower curtain liners are sold with holes designed for hanging them on curtain rings. The problem with cheaper liners is that this area won’t be reinforced at all, which leaves them susceptible to tears. The best liners have grommets that reduce the risk of ripping.
- And if your shower curtain liner does have grommets, check that they’re rustproof for a better chance at a liner that will last.
- Many shower curtain liners can be tossed in the washing machine for easy cleanup. Make sure the liner you choose is machine washable.
- Shower curtain liners can blow around as the temperature and humidity levels increase inside the shower. Some liners come with magnets that stick to the side of the tub to keep them from blowing inward while you’re showering.
- Standard shower curtain liner sizing is 72 inches by 72 inches, but measure your shower before you buy a liner to make sure it will fit.
- If environmental friendliness is a priority, you can find liners made from PEVA plastic. PEVA, which stands for polyethylene vinyl acetate, is an eco-friendly alternative to polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is chlorinated vinyl. PEVA is considered less toxic and better for the environment.
Shower Curtain Liner Rankings
More to Explore
The shower curtain has been deemed the dirtiest surface in the bathroom by at least one study, which found microbial life that was 60 times stronger on shower curtains than on toilet seats.
For best results, close your toilet seat when you flush, as flushing without covering can spray germs onto your shower curtain. Also, routinely fill your bathtub with water mixed with baking soda, then remove the shower curtain and soak it in the tub. Running the shower curtain through the washing machine in hot water can also help remove pesky bacteria.