The Best Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
We looked at the top 10 Pop-Up Laundry Hampers and dug through the reviews from 39 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Pop-Up Laundry Hampers.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Laundry probably isn’t your favorite chore. But it’s much easier if everything is in one place. Pop-up hampers have long been popular with college students and apartment dwellers who want to set up a collection bin without having to commit to a hard-sided hamper. But its portability makes it ideal for anyone who simply wants a way to carry laundry from one place to another.
Portability isn’t the only benefit of a pop-up hamper, though. With some designs, particularly mesh, you get air circulation that keeps all those odors from being trapped in one confined space. If you toss a wet washcloth or towel into your hamper, air circulation can also help keep things dry.
Some pop-up hampers fold up easily to let you store or transport them in your trunk once all the laundry is out of them. If you opt for this model, make sure you find one that can stand up on its own when items are in it.
“The biggest things to consider when selecting a pop-up hamper are size and sturdiness,” Kate Desmond, a parenting blogger and the mom of two children says. “Is this hamper big enough to fit a week’s worth of laundry? Will it collapse?”
A hamper that’s constantly collapsing can become more of a nuisance than a convenience.
One thing to consider if you’ll be carrying your hamper to a laundromat or the laundry room in your dorm or apartment is how you’ll handle items like detergent. Some collapsible hampers have handy pockets helpful for storing bottles, your key, your mobile device or whatever other items you need to take along with you. If you choose one with pockets that are large enough, you may even be able to store your delicates separately from your main laundry.
“Make sure your pop-up hamper has handles,” Desmond says. “This type of hamper can be awkward to carry, especially full, and having something to hold onto can really help.”
She notes that you may want to consider finding one with a lid, too.
“This is a nice feature, particularly when the lid fastens with Velcro or a snap,” she says. “Imagine carrying your laundry across campus or even just to the laundry room; a lid is beneficial to holding the laundry securely inside.”
You’ll also need to make sure you choose a hamper with enough capacity to manage the amount of laundry you need. If you only do laundry once a week, for instance, you may want a larger hamper that can keep everything in one place. But those who want a hamper they can use to take a load or two to the laundry room may opt for a hamper with a smaller profile to make it easier to carry.
Our Picks For The Top Pop-Up Laundry Hampers
- 1. Handy Laundry Flexible Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
- 2. SimpleHouseware Multi-Purpose Pop-Up Laundry Hamper, 2-Pack
- 3. Household Essentials Lightweight Pop-Up Mesh Laundry Hamper
- 4. House Again Vented Pop-up Laundry Hamper
- 5. ZERO JET LAG Easy Carry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
- 6. DOKEHOM 82L Waterproof Pop-Up Laundry Basket
- 7. STORAGE MANIAC Woven Pop-Up Clothes Hamper, 2-Pack
- 8. Smart Design Breathable Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
- 9. DOKEHOM Classic Pop-Up Laundry Basket
- 10. Whitmor Fabric Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
Flexible Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
Large hampers like this pop-up laundry hamper are great because they let you carry bulky items, like comforters and coats. The build of this hamper also makes it easy to carry a load or two of laundry. One of the best things about mesh hampers like this one is that they promote airflow, which helps reduce odors and moisture. When the hamper is empt...
Awesome AirflowThe mesh design of this pop-up hamper keeps airflow circulating, reducing moisture and odors.
SimpleHouseware Multi-Purpose Pop-Up Laundry Hamper, 2-Pack
Whether you're searching for a pop-up laundry hamper for your child's bedroom or to store sports equipment in the garage, this set is an excellent buy. The hampers come with side pockets, as well as convenient carrying handles. When not in use, the hampers fold up small enough to fit in a drawer.
Basic OptionNot only is this pop-up laundry hamper economical, but it also comes with a second hamper.
Lightweight Pop-Up Mesh Laundry Hamper
Designed to last, this pop-up laundry hamper is constructed using a durable polyester. The sides are mesh for maximum air circulation, while the frame features a spring wire to make the unit collapsible. A set of carrying straps allows the hamper to easily be transported from a bedroom to the laundry room.
Lightweight and PortableThis pop-up laundry hamper weighs less than 2 ounces, which means it won't add to the weight of your laundry.
Vented Pop-up Laundry Hamper
If you need to transport your laundry to a laundromat, this pop-up hamper is the way to go. It comes with an outer mesh pocket that is large enough to hold your laundry detergent and fabric softener. There's a set of built-in handles, as well as two carrying straps for going longer distances.
Handy Side PocketSince this pop-up hamper is made out of a moisture-proof mesh material, it won't retain bad odors.
Why we recommend these pop-up laundry hampers?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 10 Pop-Up Laundry Hampers and also dug through the reviews from 39 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Pop-Up Laundry Hampers.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read.
What to Look For
- The first thing you’ll notice as you search for pop-up hampers are the varying heights available. One great thing about large bags like the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is that you can not only keep laundry in them, but you can also store and transport items like quilts, coats and even toys.
- Hampers can be ideal breeding ground for unpleasant odors and unwanted moisture, especially if you toss wet items into them. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is built with flexible, stretch mesh that not only makes room for your items but also promotes airflow.
- If you take your laundry to a room in your building complex or to a laundromat, finding a way to transport detergent and other items can be tough. Look for a hamper that has side pockets that are large enough to hold a midsized bottle of detergent, fabric softener, keys, mobile devices and whatever else you might want to take along with you.
- When your hamper is empty, it can be handy to either fold or collapse so that you can transport or store it. Some models fold down to shove into a small space when not in use. Other options can either fold or collapse for easy storage.
- Consider a hamper that can stand on its own even when empty. That gives you the option of setting it up as a semi-permanent hamper in your home or dorm room.
- Pop-up hampers are typically designed to be carried, so make sure you choose one with good handles. The handles on some laundry baskets are made from aluminum for strength, while also being padded to protect your hands while you’re carrying them.
- You don’t have to sacrifice durability for portability. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper features heavy-duty construction that includes thin metal bands that hold the mesh in place.
- The dyes in the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper not only provide brilliant color but also ensure that they won’t fade over time.
- Cost is an important consideration, particularly for buyers on a budget. Although most pop-up hampers are affordable, the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is a true bargain.
- The look of your hamper can become a part of your décor, so that will likely be a big factor in your choice. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper comes in a variety of whimsical options that will be perfect for children. However, teens and adults can also opt for plain white, black or red designs that are more mature. The fun patterns available with some baskets make them a refreshing change from the typical collapsible hampers.
Pop-Up Laundry Hamper Rankings
More to Explore
If you wait until items look dirty before tossing them in the washer, you’re probably waiting too long. According to scientists, 70% of laundry soil is invisible to the naked eye. Yes, that includes those sheets you only change every couple of weeks and those towels you use for multiple showers. Your own sweat, dead skin and natural body oils dirty up the fabrics you come into contact with far more than actual dirt. When it comes to bedding, sweat and dead skin combine with dust mites, which can aggravate allergies and cause skin irritation. Experts recommend a change of sheets at least once each week.