The Best Pop Culture Trivia Game
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Pop culture trivia games are a great pastime. Whether you’re casually hanging out with your friends on a Friday, having a friendly workplace competition or just trying to one-up your family, pop culture trivia is the way to go. It’s casual and fun, and really helps people get to know what everyone pays attention to in the media.
When selecting a pop culture trivia game, start out by considering the age group of the people playing. Keep in mind that pop culture evolves as time goes on. What was one relevant in the 1970s may not be common knowledge in the 2000’s and so on. That’s why it’s important to know the age groups of the people playing so you can determine what time period of pop culture they are knowledgeable about. You can find pop culture trivia games that are categorized by decade. For example, a pop culture trivia game about the 1990s will have questions about celebrities and events that took place within those years.
Also consider how many people will be playing at one time. Typically, pop culture trivia games can accommodate large groups of people or teams. You usually need at least a minimum of two to four people for most games, and can often go up to tens of people, especially if you’re playing in groups or teams.
Our Picks For The Top Pop Culture Trivia Games
- 1. Buffalo Games Hella 90’s Pop Culture Trivia Game
- 2. Goliath Quizmaster Pop Culture Trivia Game
- 3. Hasbro Trivial Pursuit Decades 2010-2020 Pop Culture Trivia Game
- 4. Outset Media 21st Century Pop Culture Trivia Game
- 5. Mattel Trivia Crack The Pop Culture Trivia Board Game
- 6. Endless Games Pop Culture Horror Trivia Card Game
Hella 90's Pop Culture Trivia Game
This pop culture trivia game takes you down memory lane in the 90’s. It comes with 200 cards which have over 400 questions. There is also a complimentary game soundtrack available on Spotify.
Relive MemoriesThis pop culture trivia game is full of questions about the 90’s.
Quizmaster Pop Culture Trivia Game
This pop culture trivia game has great variety and offers questions from every genre and every decade. It comes with 900 questions. The game is easy to play with small or large groups.
Great Variety This pop culture trivia game contains questions from every genre and decade.
Trivial Pursuit Decades 2010-2020 Pop Culture Trivia Game
This pop culture trivia game includes tons of questions from the 2010s. The game has six fun question categories. It is ideal for two to six players.
Tons of QuestionsThis pop culture trivia game includes 1,800 questions.
21st Century Pop Culture Trivia Game
This highly relevant pop culture game is all about what’s happening now. It comes with hundreds of questions in five categories. The game is ideal for those over 12 years old.
Highly RelevantThis pop culture trivia game is all about what’s happening now.
What to Look For
- An important aspect to consider when selecting a pop culture trivia game is the attention span of the players. This is especially key if you’re playing with children and teens. While some people may be able to play a game for hours, many people last about thirty minutes to an hour. Consider how long a pop culture trivia game takes to play and if it will work for your group. Some games run until a winner reaches a certain amount of points, for example, while others run until the teams are out of questions.
- While pop culture trivia games typically come with their own rules, you can always invent some of your own rules if you like to be adventurous. This especially applies to how you make the teams. Some groups like to pit certain genders against others while some make people randomly pick their group with names out of a hat. You can also have team captains choose their teams similar to how sports were played in gym class.
- Being competitive is fun and challenging, but it can sometimes result in feuds and fights amongst family and friends. In order to keep things lighthearted and joyful, consider making the prize something funny. It could be a physical object, such as the winning team gets a giant bag of gummy bears. The prize could also be a daily event, such as the winning team doesn’t have to do the dishes after dinner. These types of prizes lower the stakes of the competition to keep it from getting too heated.
- Most pop culture trivia games are made for teenagers and adults. If younger children also want to get involved, consider having them be team helpers. If they are able to read, they can read out the questions. Younger kids can keep tally for the score. Others can help work the timer or hour glass.
Pop Culture Trivia Game Rankings
More to Explore
What is pop culture and what does it really mean? While many people think of pop culture as the movies, music, and celebrities of the time, that’s not all it encompasses. The term pop culture, which is derived from popular culture, was coined in the mid-nineteenth century. It revolves around the cultural traditions of everyday people (in contrast to the cultural traditions of the governing classes). The media and art play a major role in defining pop culture. Literature, dance, radio, television, music, film, and theater are integral to pop culture, as are fashion, cyberculture, toys, products, and more.