The Best Pickleball Sets For Beginners And Seasoned Players
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Whether you’ve been playing pickleball for years or have just picked up the game, getting a pickleball set ensures you have everything you need for the next match. A pickleball set typically comes with a range of equipment. Most sets include two to four paddles and two to four balls. Some sets also come with a portable pickleball net. Other sets come with a carrying case for your paddles and balls.
Ensuring the pickleball paddles are of good quality is important because they will affect your performance. Pickleball paddles weigh between 6 and 14 ounces, and the weight affects your comfort during the game. While it may not seem like a big difference going from a six-ounce paddle to an eight-ounce paddle, if the paddle is too heavy for you it can cause strain on your shoulder, elbow and wrist. If you want more control and maneuverability during the game, then opt for paddles on the lighter end. if you want more power to hit the ball, then opt for heavier paddles.
Be sure to check the grip size of the paddle’s handle to make sure it is right for your hand. With a smaller grip size, you will have more flexibility to move your wrist and get better control. With a larger grip size you will have more stability in your strokes.
Our Picks For The Top Pickleball Sets
- 1. Amazin’ Aces Wooden Sport Pickleball Set, 4-Paddles
- 2. Gonex Non-Slip All Ages Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
- 3. JP WinLook Edge Guard Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
- 4. Vinsguir Tournament Honeycomb Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
- 5. ErPils Beginner Wood Pickleball Sets, 4-Paddles
- 6. VENUX Interlocking Design Portable Pickleball Set, 4-Paddles
- 7. niupipo USAPA Approve Fiberglass Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
- 8. Niupipo Pickleball Paddles Set of 4 MX-25
Wooden Sport Pickleball Set, 4-Paddles
You’ll get comfort and performance with this pickleball set. The wooden paddle handles come with a cushioned grip and wrist strap. The set also includes a mesh bag for convenient transportation and storage of the balls.
Ergonomic DesignThe pickleball paddle handles have a cushioned grip and wrist strap.
Non-Slip All Ages Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
The pickleball paddles and balls in this set are made with professional craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology. Each graphite paddle is lightweight and medium-sized. This pickleball set also comes with a zippered bag for the paddles.
Professional CraftsmanshipThese paddles and balls are made with high-end materials.
Edge Guard Pickleball Set, 2-Paddles
You’ll hit more accurate shots with these durable pickleball paddles that are great for all skill levels. They have a honeycomb core which offers balanced control and powerful hitting. The handle is soft, cushiony, and non-slip. With this set, you get two paddles, three balls, and a bag as well.
More Accurate ShotsThe paddles in this pickleball set have a durable material for more balanced control and a graphite surface for spin.
Beginner Wood Pickleball Sets, 4-Paddles
Not only does this pickleball set include four paddles and four balls, but it also features four cooling towels and a handy storage bag. The set is designed for beginners and constructed using a high-quality hardwood. The attractive red and blue space design on the paddles adds a bit of style to the set.
Accessories IncludedThis pickleball set features paddles with cushioned handles that provide a better grip and a more comfortable hold.
What to Look For
- If the pickleball set comes with a portable net, be sure to check that the size of the net meets the specifications of the official pickleball association. A professional net should be about 22 feet wide. The pickleball net should also come with a center pole so that you can ensure the height of the net remains at 34 inches at the center, as per regulations set up by the USA Pickleball Association. The height of the pickleball net at the end poles should be 36 inches.
- Having a carrying case for pickleball paddles and balls is helpful because you can keep all of your equipment in one place, prevent any incidental damage to the equipment and ensure nothing gets lost. Many pickleball sets come with a carrying case for your paddles. Some also come with a mesh bag, which is perfect for holding the pickleballs.
- Check the material of the pickleball paddles you’re getting. They are typically made from wood, composite or graphite. Wood is the heaviest of the three and is also easily affordable. Graphite paddles are incredibly lightweight but can come with a hefty price tag. There are many options with composite as it can vary in price and weight.
Pickleball Set Rankings
More to Explore
Ever wonder where pickleball gets its funny name? Legend has it the game is named after the dog of one of the inventors. Pickles the dog allegedly loved to run off with the ball during the first games. The game could also be named after a pickle boat crew, in which the oarsmen come from leftover crews from other boats. This meaning could refer to the rules from many different games that make up pickleball.