The Best Pajama Pants For Women
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
You don’t need a full set of matching pajamas for a comfortable night’s sleep. If you invest in a few good pairs of pajama pants, you can match them with any number of tops for a wide array of sleepwear options. Plus, pajama pants aren’t just for bedtime. You can wear them around the house or even for a quick trip to the store or drive-thru.
Most pajama pants these days are styled to be loungewear. Instead of the traditional silky pajama material, many pajama pants are made of cotton and polyester, which is more versatile and breathable. This type of material keeps you cool and dry throughout the night without sacrificing warmth.
The waists on pajama pants are often made with elastic or come with a drawstring tie to help you find the right fit. Some pajama pants feature wide legs in a palazzo style, hanging loose all the way down, including at the ankle. Some have elastic built into the ankle to cinch them just above your foot in a “jogger” style.
Beyond comfort, it’s all about choosing a design that appeals to you. You can find pajama pants with patterns, but there are also plenty available in solid, neutral colors that let you mix and match them with your favorite tops.
Our Picks For The Top Pajama Pants For Women
- 1. Amazon Essentials Cozy Drawstring Pajama Pants For Women
- 2. LOCUBE Machine Washable Loose Pajama Pants For Women
- 3. Hanes Midrise Cinch-Bottom Fleece Pajama Pants For Women
- 4. Just Love Breathable Cotton Pajama Pants For Women
- 5. Elsofer Palazzo Lightweight Pajama Pants For Women
- 6. Ekouaer Classic Casual Pajama Pants For Women
- 7. AMiERY Adjustable Loose Fit Pajama Pants For Women
- 8. ZOOSIXX Drawstring Palazzo Pajama Pants For Women
- 9. Just Love Plaid Elastic Waist Pajama Pants For Women
Cozy Drawstring Pajama Pants For Women
Available in polka-dots, plaid or checkers, these pajama pants for women are perfect for lounging around the house. They pair just as well with tanks as they do sweatshirts and they are nice and lightweight. You can get them in sizes ranging from extra-small to extra-extra large.
Custom FitThe elastic waistband with built-in drawstring on these pajama pants for women allow for a custom fit.
Machine Washable Loose Pajama Pants For Women
Designed with a loose fit, these pajama pants for women are super comfy. They are lightweight and offer a high waist and drawstring closure. You can even get these pants in one of 13 different prints, like camo, fruit or sunflower.
Soft on SkinThese pajama pants for women are quite versatile and can also be worn when exercising, walking the beach or having tea with a friend out on the patio.
Midrise Cinch-Bottom Fleece Pajama Pants For Women
The wide elastic waistband on these pajama pants for women makes them comfortable for both sleeping and lounging around the house. Available in seven different colors and in a wide variety of sizes, these pants feature a cotton-polyester blend that makes them durable and breathable. The fabric is washable and pill-resistant, and the ankles are cinc...
Made of Warm FleeceIf you prefer to sleep in sweatpants, this fleece pair will keep you warm and comfortable.
Breathable Cotton Pajama Pants For Women
Made from 100% cotton, these pajama pants for women will keep you warm and comfy while also being stylish. These pants come in a variety of sizes from extra-small to 3X, and the self-trim waistband makes it easy to find the perfect fit for your midsection. The material is designed to withstand years of washing, drying and wearing without fading or ...
Buffalo Plaid PrintAvailable in various colors, these buffalo plaid pajama bottoms make a stylish addition to any sleep wardrobe.
What to Look For
- If you think you’ll be leaving the house in your pajama bottoms, make sure you choose a pair that’s thick enough to pass as loungewear.
- Pajama bottoms typically come in sizes ranging from small to extra-large. But you can find some that are extra-small and XX-large.
- Cotton and polyester are popular materials for loungewear and pajama pants. Both are breathable and easy to care for, so it comes down to personal preference.
- A little spandex mixed in with the material will give the pajamas more flexibility, and you might find this material more comfortable.
- You’ll probably be wearing, washing, drying and re-wearing your pajamas many times over the years. If you can find a pair that’s well-stitched with fabric that resists fading, you’ll get more bang for your buck.
- For chilly bedrooms, fleece can provide a little extra warmth. Fleece pajama bottoms also work well when you need to step out of the house in the winter months to take out the garbage or check your mailbox.
- Pilling can shorten the lifespan of your pajama pants. Pill-resistant fabric is knitted tightly to avoid the fabric loosening. If you do experience pilling, try to shave the fabric to prevent the problem from worsening.
Pajama Pant For Women Rankings
More to Explore
If you’ve seen the term “buffalo plaid,” you’ve probably noticed it’s often used to describe a pattern of large, checkered blocks. Often associated with the wardrobes of lumberjacks, this design has become popular for everything from shirts and vests to dresses and pajama bottoms. Red and black plaid is especially prevalent during the holiday season, whether it’s found in wrapping paper or on your favorite Christmas sweater.