The Best Outdoor Balls For Kids
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
One of the simplest toys for kids is an outdoor ball. They are great for any age, from young babies who are just learning how to grasp things to teenagers who love to play sports. Outdoor balls are easily portable, so kids can take them to school, to the playground or over to a friend’s house. Plus, they are light and durable, so they are made to withstand being thrown around and dropped over and over again.
When you’re looking for outdoor balls for kids, first consider how your kids will be using them. Do they want to play sports like soccer, basketball or baseball, or are they just looking for something for playing catch with their friends? Are the kids just getting the hang of throwing and catching, or are they working on honing their athletic skills?
Some balls can be used to play multiple types of games and are designed for versatility. Playground balls, for example, are great for throwing around or even for a game of soccer. Other balls are for specific games, such as paddle balls which have a Velcro outer layer and are designed to be played with a Velcro paddle.
Our Picks For The Top outdoor balls for kids
- 1. Melissa & Doug Butterfly Design Pink Kickball
- 2. New Bounce Rubber Outdoor Balls For Kids, 4-Pack
- 3. adidas Starlancer Butyl Bladder Pink Soccer Ball
- 4. CubicFun Faux Leather Unicorn Outdoor Ball For Kids
- 5. Toysmith Get Outside GO! Soft Outdoor Balls For Kids, 3-Pack
- 6. ToysOpoly Soft Bouncing Outdoor Balls For Kids, 6-Pack
- 7. GoSports Air Touch Rubber Outdoor Balls For Kids, 6-Pack
- 8. DomeStar Confetti Filled Pink Beach Ball
- 9. Bedwina Textured Outdoor Balls For Kids, 5-Pack
- 10. Qrooper Easy Carry Outdoor Paddle Ball Game For Kids
- 11. Spalding High-Bounce All-Purpose Play Pink Balls, 4-Pack
- 12. AppleRound Foam Outdoor Balls For Kids, 4-Pack
- 13. Hedstrom Lightweight Outdoor Balls For Kids, 8-Pack
Melissa & Doug
Butterfly Design Pink Kickball
The Melissa & Doug "Cutie Pie" pink durable rubber ball lives up to its name, with an appealing pattern of butterflies, hearts and flowers in deeper pink, bright green and pastel blue. It's BPA-free and measures 9.75 inches in diameter.
Bouncy, Fluttery and FunThis classically made toy is designed for ages two and up and fosters a love of fun outdoor games like catch and kickball.
Rubber Outdoor Balls For Kids, 4-Pack
Encourage your children to stay active this summer using these outdoor balls for kids. The set includes for balls with an attractive marble pattern, each of which is designed to bounce upon impact, a pump and two pins. Children can use these balls to play everything from soccer to dodgeball.
Affordable Price TagThis outdoor balls for kids set is budget-friendly, especially when you consider the set includes four balls.
Starlancer Butyl Bladder Pink Soccer Ball
Perfect for age 12 and up, this shocking pink Adidas soccer ball has an appealing white "X" pattern, features machine-stitched construction, a butyl interior bladder and is coated with 100% thermoplastic polyurethane panels.
Size 5 for KidsThey'll never lose sight of the ball when it's this bright, and playing the game will be much more enjoyable!
Get Outside GO! Soft Outdoor Balls For Kids, 3-Pack
Got a child with some energy to burn off? Send them outside with these miniature versions of popular sports balls, made perfectly for little hands. They are soft but able to stand up to plenty of outdoor use and even some accidental animal chewing.
Sports Starter SetThese durable outdoor balls for kids are the perfect size for smaller sportsmen.
What to Look For
- Consider how many children will be playing with the outdoor balls. Typically, there will be at least two people playing any kind of game that involves a ball. Other times, you’ll have a group of children. Depending on the age of the children and the games they are playing, it’s worthwhile to have a few extra balls around. This way, if one goes over a neighbor’s fence, kids can still keep up their game.
- For young children who are still working on their gross motor and fine motor skills, having a textured surface on a ball is important. It helps them grasp on to the ball so it doesn’t accidentally slipping through their hands. It also provides a layer of sensory fun, as kids can explore the bumps and knobs on the ball with their fingers.
- For any outdoor balls that are inflated, it’s always handy to look for a set that comes with a hand pump. This way, if the balls begin to deflate, you can easily blow up the balls again using the pump.
outdoor ball for kids Rankings
More to Explore
There are many age-appropriate games kids can play using outdoor balls. For babies, try rolling the balls back and forth on the ground, as they will not be able to throw and catch just yet. For toddlers and preschoolers, you can work on kicking, throwing and catching with large, lightweight balls. For children older than 6, they can enjoy playing games like baseball, soccer, basketball or tennis. Keep in mind that as kids are learning how to play with balls, they may be frustrated in the beginning when they are not quite sure how to throw and catch. The key is to keep the experience positive so they build up their confidence and skills.