The Best Knee High Socks For Women
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Knee-high socks are often associated with school uniforms. But knee-high socks serve a useful purpose. Perfect for wearing with dress pants, knee-high socks have become the undergarment of choice for busy professionals.
But there are plenty of factors to consider if you’re shopping for these socks. They vary in thickness, which may be very important if you spend any time outdoors in cold weather. Thicker knee-high socks, particularly those lined with wool, can keep the lower part of your leg warm in chilly conditions, as well as your feet.
Thinner knee-high socks have their benefits, as well, though. You may find opaque, neutral-colored socks that look great with the shoes you’re wearing with your dressier pants. This can create a very polished business look that keeps you both comfortable and looking sharp.
Another type of knee-high sock is a compression sock. These socks are designed to promote circulation in your lower legs. You could be surprised at the whimsical, youthful patterns that are now available in compression socks. They don’t have to be clinical-looking. In fact, others may not even be aware that the socks you’re wearing are compression socks.
Our Picks For The Top Knee High Socks For Women
- 1. Joulli All-Occasion Knee High Socks For Women, 3-Pack
- 2. Sumona Stretchy Cute Knee High Socks For Women, 6-Pack
- 3. WOWFOOT Argyle Knee High Socks For Women, 3-Pack
- 4. Kitsune Klothing Flexible Knee High Socks For Women, 4-Pack
- 5. Carhartt Fast Dry Knee High Socks For Women
- 6. Muk Luks Warm Knee High Socks For Women, 2-Pack
- 7. Double Couple Ergonomic Compression Knee High Socks For Women, 6-Pack
- 8. HUE Nylon Knee High Socks For Women, 3-Pack
All-Occasion Knee High Socks For Women, 3-Pack
Comfort and functionality combine to form these knee high socks for women. The cotton leaves the socks feeling soft against the skin, while the spandex hold the socks firmly in place. Ladies will find the socks are great for everyday wear and pair well with skirts or dresses and tall boots.
Budget-Friendly OptionThe affordable price tag on these knee high socks for women means you can buy sets in multiple colors.
Stretchy Cute Knee High Socks For Women, 6-Pack
These knee high socks for women are a great option for the holidays. The socks are made from 95% polyester and 5% spandex, and feature festive designs from top to toe. They fit shoe sizes 9-11.
Fun PrintsThese knee high socks for women have images of reindeer, snowmen and gingerbread men.
Argyle Knee High Socks For Women, 3-Pack
Whether you're dressing up for work or a special event, these knee high socks for women have you covered. They're very stylish and feature a ribbed design that goes great with skirts and slacks. Each set includes three pairs of cotton socks in sizes ranging from 5 to 9.
Elegant LookThese knee high socks for women are safe to clean in your washing machine.
Flexible Knee High Socks For Women, 4-Pack
This pack of four knee-length socks features solid pastel designs. You'll get pink, purple, gray and blue in this set, with each sock featuring two white stripes at the top. These socks fit shoe sizes between 5 and 11.
Retro LookThese knee high socks for women feature a retro-style tube-sock design that's both fun and versatile.
What to Look For
- Thicker socks have their benefits, but you should always consider breathability. If you’re wearing socks for long periods of time, particularly for working out, your feet could sweat. This may lead to issues over time, in addition to just being uncomfortable. Some socks are built to keep your feet warm while also encouraging air circulation.
- Shoe size applies to your socks, too. You’ll find many knee-high socks that are sized in a range. If you have a larger or smaller foot, though, you may have to narrow your search to socks that fit your own shoe size.
- Knee socks can have an issue with drooping throughout the day. Unless you want your knee socks to end up around your ankles, look for a pair of socks that has an elastic band at the top that keeps it in place. But you’ll also need to make sure the band isn’t so constraining that it squeezes your leg and makes you uncomfortable.
- If you walk long distances or work on your feet, look at the cushioning in the heel and around the toes. This can help you reduce blistering while also keeping your feet comfortable.
Knee High Sock For Women Rankings
More to Explore
Tube socks were invented in 1967, inspired by the striped knee-high socks often worn by athletes. A true tube sock looks like a tube when held up, having no defined heel or toe as other socks do. A machine was designed specifically to make the socks, and that machine enabled manufacturers to make each sock in a matter of a few seconds.
The socks took off in popularity in the 1970s as top athletes and movie stars embraced them. Farrah Fawcett wore a pair while roller skating on “Charlie’s Angels,” as did Raquel Welch in a roller derby movie. Soon, the socks began to show up at roller rinks around the country during a decade when roller skating was one of the most popular pastimes.