The Best Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Spending time in the great outdoors can truly benefit a young child’s physical and mental well-being. And setting up a special space — complete with a table and seating — for little ones to learn and play in your yard or on a porch or patio is an easy way to encourage little ones to spend time outside.
Kid-size table and chair sets come in as many variations as their adult counterparts. There are several things to consider when shopping for one, including: How much room do you have? Where do you plan to put it? How old are the primary users? What materials do you want it to be made out of?
Before purchasing your set, be sure to check the length, width and height of the furniture to ensure it will fit in the space you have in mind and is the right size for your child. For example, a table with a length, width and height of 19.5-by-16-by-15-inches may be too small for your growing 5-year-old. What the product is constructed from—wood, plastic, metal, and/or fabric—is also important; make sure the furniture is made from non-toxic materials that are safe for children.
Our Picks For The Top Kid's Outdoor Tables & Chairs
- 1. HONEY JOY Natural Wood Kid’s Outdoor Picnic Table
- 2. Step2 Shaded UV-Protection Kid’s Outdoor Picnic Table
- 3. Little Tikes Easy Clean Kid’s Outdoor Garden Table & Chairs
- 4. Costzon Child-Friendly Easy Assemble Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs
- 5. Costzon Lightweight Space Saving Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs
- 6. Costzon Ladybug Non-Toxic Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs
- 7. Humble Crew Snap-Together Plastic Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs
- 8. KidKraft Shaded Patio Wood Kid’s Outdoor Table & Chairs Bench Set
Natural Wood Kid’s Outdoor Picnic Table
If you're searching for a picnic-type table, this kid's outdoor table and chairs set is an excellent buy. It's constructed using a strong wood and has a 110-pound weight capacity. The included umbrella is removable, allowing for shade when you need it and sun when you don't.
Traditional DesignThis kid's outdoor table and chairs set is perfect for summer lunches outside, as well as an afternoon of pretend play.
Shaded UV-Protection Kid’s Outdoor Picnic Table
Little ones can enjoy time in the fresh air without having to endure the sun's harsh rays, thanks to this kid's outdoor table and chairs set. It comes with a stylish umbrella that is able to provide sun protection. Since the set is large enough to fit six children, you may even want to invite a few of your child's friends over to play.
Choice of ColorsYou'll find this kid's outdoor table and chairs set comes in a choice of green or blue.
Easy Clean Kid's Outdoor Garden Table & Chairs
This kid's outdoor table and chairs set comes fully assembled. It's nice and lightweight, so you can easily move it from the back lawn to the front porch. Kids are sure to love the bright blue and green colors, while parents appreciate how easy the set is to keep clean.
Affordable PickThe economical price tag on this kid's outdoor table and chairs set won't break your budget.
Child-Friendly Easy Assemble Kid's Outdoor Table & Chairs
This kid's outdoor table and chairs set comes in an attractive mint color. It takes just minutes to assemble and the table comes with feet that adjust to uneven surfaces. Although the table is square, the edges are nice and smooth for added safety.
Most VersatileIn addition to your backyard, this kid's outdoor table and chairs set is perfect as bedroom, playroom, classroom or patio furniture.
What to Look For
- Plastic sets with rounded corners are better for younger children, since their more likely to prevent injuries from scratching or bumping into the furniture.
- Like adult variations, table and chair sets for children require assembly. If you’re seeking one that’s easier to manage, consider purchasing one with tool-less or snap-together assembly.
- Kids’ tables and chairs sets often have weight-capacity limits and are not designed for adult use.
- Sets with adjustable umbrellas or canopies, which can shade little ones from UV rays, are excellent for outdoor use.
Kid's Outdoor Table & Chair Rankings
More to Explore
Pottery Barn Kids—one of the most popular mainstream designers of children’s furniture—was established in 1999 in San Francisco by two moms who wanted to provide safe and comfortable yet stylish furniture options for kids. The flagship Pottery Barn brand was founded in Manhattan in 1949.