The Best Carpet Stain Remover
We looked at the top 13 Carpet Stain Removers and dug through the reviews from 104 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Carpet Stain Removers.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
No cleaning cabinet is complete without a carpet stain remover. Whether you have children and pets at home or not, you’re sure to encounter a few spills and areas of tracked-in dirt. As you shop for the best carpet stain remover, you’ll want to keep your specific needs in mind.
Consider going with a carpet stain remover that takes steps to respect the environment. For example, the Bissell Power Shot Oxy Carpet Stain Remover uses an eco-friendly formula that is kept in a recyclable package. It comes in an aerosol can and is able to get deep down into carpet fibers to lift away both new and old stains.
MORE: The Best Carpet Cleaner
Look for a pet-friendly stain remover if you have a cat or dog in your home. This type of cleaner typically uses natural enzymatic bacteria that break up urine, feces and vomit stains. They can be used on just about any surface, including carpets, litter box mats, kennels and pet beds. Additionally, they contain a component that deodorizes to freshen the area up again.
Determine whether you need a carpet stain remover that also works on furniture. Some stain removers are also equipped with a fabric-safe brush that can be used on upholstery. That means if your toddler spills a little apple juice on the sofa, you’ll be able to clean it up without any issues.
Check the carpet stain remover’s ability to do more than just remove a stain. There are removers that actually prevent future soils from being able to penetrate the carpet fibers. Other models also soften your carpet fibers and freshen up the area by trapping and removing bad odors.
Review the extra benefits associated with each carpet stain remover to see if any of them match your needs. For example, the Spot Shot Instant Trigger Carpet Stain Remover eliminates the need to do any scrubbing or rubbing. This is extremely beneficial to anyone with joint, muscle or pain issues. The stain remover does all the hard work for you.
Our Picks For The Top Carpet Stain Removers
- 1. Sunny & Honey Carpet Miracle Natural Carpet Stain Remover
- 2. Hoover Fast-Acting Enhanced Carpet Stain Remover
- 3. Bissell 95C9 Professional Power Shot Spray Carpet Stain Remover
- 4. Spot Shot Anti-Odor Deodorizing Carpet Stain Remover
- 5. Naturally It’s Clean Eco-Friendly Carpet Stain Remover, 2-Pack
- 6. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Enzyme-Powered Pet Stain & Odor Eliminator
- 7. Woolite Patented Carpet Stain Remover, 4-Pack
- 8. Folex Instant Odor-Free Carpet Stain Remover, 2-Pack
- 9. TriNova Spot Remover Spray Carpet Stain Remover
- 10. Woolite 21809 INSTAclean Kid Safe Carpet Stain Remover, 2-Pack
- 11. Resolve Anti-Dirt Carpet Stain Remover, 4-Pack
- 12. Carbona Oxy-Powered Foam Carpet Stain Remover, 2-Pack
- 13. Carbona Oxy-Powered 2-in-1 Carpet Cleaner, 2-Pack
Sunny & Honey
Carpet Miracle Natural Carpet Stain Remover
This carpet stain remover works in all carpet cleaning machines, even models made to rent from department stores. It's safe to use on a variety of surfaces, including carpets, rugs and couch cushions. The formula is non-toxic, as well as biodegradable, so you can feel good about your purchase.
Powerful Deodorizing FormulaGive your carpets a deep clean with this carpet stain remover.
Fast-Acting Enhanced Carpet Stain Remover
Tough stains are no match for this carpet stain remover. It's formulated with oxy technology for an advanced clean on carpeting, car upholstery and area rugs. The spray is also fast-acting, so you won't have to spend all day tackling a tough mess.
Most AffordableStick to your budget and opt for this affordable carpet stain remover that gets the job done right.
Professional Power Shot Spray Carpet Stain Remover
Certain tough stains require the use of a carpet stain remover in an aerosol can. This product is able to get deep down into the carpet fibers to lift away everything from wine to coffee stains. It's made using an eco-friendly formula and comes in packaging that can be recycled.
Top PickSet-in stains are no match for this carpet stain remover.
Naturally It's Clean
Eco-Friendly Carpet Stain Remover, 2-Pack
Plant-based enzymes are used to create this effective carpet stain remover. Parents will appreciate that the ingredients are all-natural, as that makes them safe to use around pets and children. Use the non-toxic formula on everything from grease to ketchup to mud stains.
Cruelty-Free OptionIn addition to lifting away soiled sections of your flooring, this carpet stain remover also eliminates odors.
Why we recommend these carpet stain removers?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 13 Carpet Stain Removers and also dug through the reviews from 104 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Carpet Stain Removers.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- For the best results, it’s important to soak up as much of a spill as you can the minute it happens. You can use a few paper towels or a white rag. Don’t use a white towel on a red wine stain if that towel isn’t a rag, as you’ll be transferring the stain from the carpet to the cloth.
- Always take the time to spot-check an inconspicuous area of your carpet before you use the stain remover for the first time. You need to make sure it won’t alter the carpet color in any way.
- Tough stains can be paired with a steam cleaner for a more successful outcome.
- Baking soda is an excellent tool to use along with your carpet stain remover, should the remover not completely get rid of the odors that accompanied the stain. Simply sprinkle the baking soda over the previously stained area and let it sit overnight. The baking soda will absorb the unpleasant odor so that you can vacuum it up come morning.
- Most stain removers require you to keep children and pets away from the area until the solution has dried and the area has been vacuumed.
- When comparing carpet stain remover prices, you’ll need to first determine the price per ounce by dividing the total cost by the number of ounces in the stain remover’s bottle. The Spot Shot Instant Trigger Carpet Stain Remover is moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Bissell Power Shot Oxy Carpet Stain Remover, which doesn’t require any scrubbing or vacuuming.
Carpet Stain Remover Rankings
More to Explore
Stain removers have come a long way over the years. Approximately 5,000 years ago, the Babylonians used a soap-like mixture to clean fabrics. This is the first known type of stain remover, as prior to this time period, it is believed that humans simply used the water from rivers to release dirt and mud from their fabrics.
Fast-forward to the 1800s and you’ll notice a great number of books about housekeeping began to make their way to the market. These books suggested using everyday items, such as salt, milk, lemon juice and chalk to remove stains. Today, we have a wide variety of stain removers to choose from, including powerful chemical sprays and organic compounds that utilize natural enzymes.