The Best Brow Gel
We looked at the top 10 Brow Gels and dug through the reviews from 30 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Brow Gels.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
You may not realize it, but your eyebrows communicate to others. Body language experts study them to determine whether you’re telling the truth or lying, and one study even found that eyebrows were more important than eyes in communicating hostility.
So it’s probably no surprise that in recent years, brow contouring has become an important part of daily makeup routines across the globe. There are numerous how-to videos online walking you through techniques. Whether you want a straight, fuller brow with a minimal arch or a contoured brow with bold colors, you can learn how to create the look.
But first, you’ll need the right tools. The thicker, more natural brows that are in style today are good news, since you won’t have to spend a lot of time tweezing or spend money getting them waxed every couple of weeks. You may still want to do cleanup and strategic hair removal in the brow area, but for fuller eyebrows, you’ll want to leave most of the brow in place.
As with most natural looks, natural brows require a little extra work. If you have thick, darker-colored brows, chances are, you may be able to get away with one tool: brow gel. This gel allows you to manipulate your brow to achieve the various looks that are popular today. One of the biggest trends is the feathered brow, which involves having each hair going in a uniform, upward direction to create a bold look. Brow gel and a tutorial can help you achieve that look in seconds.
Even with a gel wand, though, you might need a little fill-in with a brow pencil or brow mascara. This can help you supplement your natural brow to give it fullness. If you have lighter brows, a pencil or mascara wand can also help darken things up.
Our Picks For The Top Brow Gels
- 1. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Control Freak Cruelty-Free Brow Gel
- 2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Lightweight Brow Gel
- 3. L’Oreal Paris Unbelieva-Brow Waterproof Brow Gel
- 4. COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Volumizing Cruelty-Free Brow Gel
- 5. WUNDER2 Wunderbrow Vegan Waterproof Brow Gel
- 6. Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW-FILL Water-Resistant Brow Gel
- 7. Benefit Gimme Brow + Volumizing Long-Wearing Brow Gel
- 8. RevitaLash Cosmetics Hi-Def Hypoallergenic Brow Gel
- 9. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP The Brow Glue 16-Hour Hold Brow Gel
- 10. e.l.f. Wow Brow Buildable Volumizing Brow Gel
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP
Control Freak Cruelty-Free Brow Gel
The clear formula of this eyebrow gel ensures it works with a wide range of powder and pencil colors. The formula is non-sticky and comfortable, giving you a solution that will last all day. This gel works on eyebrows and eyelashes for an all-in-one option.
Versatile ChoiceYou can use this gel on your brows and your eyelashes, and its clear formula allows you to use it with a variety of cosmetic colors.
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Tinted Lightweight Brow Gel
This lightweight brow gel offers comfort combined with lasting results. Light-reflecting pearls are built in to add a little extra glamour to your look. This gel can be used alone or as the final step in your eyebrow makeup application to set your look and ensure it lasts throughout the day.
A Hint Of GlamourGlycerin and chamomile make this an effective yet comfortable brow gel that softens brows.
Unbelieva-Brow Waterproof Brow Gel
Long-wear polymers give this eyebrow gel a great deal of durability. The formula is waterproof and designed to last up to 48 hours with no smudging or smearing. You can choose from several different colors to get the exact look you want.
Durable OptionThe waterproof, long-lasting formula of this eyebrow gel will keep it in place whether you’re sightseeing or at the office.
Easy Breezy Volumizing Cruelty-Free Brow Gel
Designed to last up to 26 hours, this brow gel features a waterproof, fadeproof formula that will keep you looking great throughout the day. Argan oil and biotin help keep your brows healthy and soft, and a smaller applicator allows for better precision while you’re applying it. You can choose from a variety of shades and even a volumizing option...
Simple to UseA smaller applicator allows you to more easily get the look you want.
Why we recommend these brow gels?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 10 Brow Gels and also dug through the reviews from 30 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Brow Gels.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
The Best Bang For Your Buck
COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Volumizing Cruelty-Free Brow Gel
Our Expert Score
User Summarized Score
Designed to last up to 26 hours, this brow gel features a waterproof, fadeproof formula that will keep you looking great throughout the day. Argan oil and biotin help keep your brows healthy and soft, and a smaller applicator allows for better precision while you’re applying it. You can choose from a variety of shades and even a volumizing option.
What other experts liked
What to Look For
- If you plan to combine brow gel with a pencil or mascara, first make sure you let the brow gel dry thoroughly. Otherwise, the color could clump.
- Brow gels tend to darken your brow color, so go a little lighter with your pencil or mascara than you would otherwise. Before you debut your look, you may want to try out your new gel with your other cosmetics to make sure you like the effect.
- For oily skin, it might work better to use a brow powder than a pencil. The powder will absorb some of the oil and serve a dual purpose.
- Some gels can leave behind a sticky residue, making you uncomfortable throughout the day. Look for one that’s lightweight while also being effective.
- With some brow gels, you get both a product for your eyebrows and eyelashes. This dual purpose gives you a valuable addition to your makeup toolkit.
- Brow gels with conditioning ingredients built in can soften your brows while they tame them.
- If you’re looking for a little extra glamour, search for a brow gel with sparkle or shimmer built in. These can be great for preparing for a night on the town.
- Waterproof brow gel serves a valuable purpose, even when you aren’t swimming or caught in a rainstorm. They’re great for making it through an extra-hot day without smudging or smearing. They can also last for hours, helping you stay fresh looking during those long days.
- If you’re planning to perfect your brow contouring techniques, look for a brow gel with a smaller applicator. This will give you more control over your artwork.
- Clear gel is great for letting your natural brows show through. But if your brows need a little extra help, or you simply want to change up the color, you don’t have to rely on a brow pencil or mascara. You can find brow gel in a variety of shades that tint your brows while also taming them.
Brow Gel Rankings
More to Explore
Your eyebrows may be communicating information about your personality. Without realizing it, people draw conclusions about someone’s personality and mood based on eyebrows. The thick, bold brows that are popular today can actually send the message that you’re a confident person who knows what you want and how to get it.
If you’re having your brows contoured, whether through tweezing, waxing or cosmetics, keep in mind that the high, curved eyebrow sends the message that you’re trustworthy. The way it opens your eyes can communicate that you’re open and approachable. But be careful not to overdo it. Studies have found that those who over-pluck their brows can be seen as narcissistic, so you’ll want to leave those thin brows of previous decades behind.