The Best Boots For Girls
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Buying boots for a little girl is a great chance to engage with her personality and enable her to have whatever kinds of adventures she wants. Children love expressing themselves through what they wear, and shoes for girls come in all kinds of patterns, materials and styles.
Of course, it’s also important for her to be able to play in safety and comfort. Always consider materials, including water-resistant or waterproof exteriors, soles with good grip and soft or lined interiors.
It’s also important to match the girl’s sense of style. A good route would be to match the boots to items you know she loves, such as a favorite backpack or outfit.
Finally, shoes must fit well to be comfortable and provide the advertised support and protection. Always measure a child’s feet right before buying shoes and research whether the shoes you’re considering run big, small or to fit.
Our Picks For The Top Boots For Girls
- 1. Dr. Martens Classic Ankle Boots For Girls
- 2. Kamik Stomp Slip-On Waterproof Size 3 Girls’ Boots
- 3. Columbia Mid-Calf Winter Boots For Girls
- 4. DREAM PAIRS Warm Winter Boots For Girls
- 5. Koolaburra By UGG Leather Victoria Boots For Girls
- 6. Deer Stags Embroidered Western Size 2 Girls’ Boots
- 7. Sperry Top-Sider Rain Boots For Girls
- 8. Koolaburra by UGG Faux Fur Boots For Girls
- 9. Crocs Waterproof Easy Clean Rain Boots For Girls
- 10. Kamik Adjustable Snow Boots For Girls
- 11. DREAM PAIRS Sheepskin Lined Suede Boots For Girls
- 12. Western Chief Sparkle Easy On Rain Boots For Girls
- 13. LONDON FOG Fur Topped Winter Boots For Girls
- 14. Hatley Fabric Lining Size 2 Girls’ Classic Rain Boots
Classic Ankle Boots For Girls
The first thing you'll notice about these high-quality boots for girls is the shine. Second to the smooth leather is the stylish eight eyelet lace-up design. Of course, the inner cushion also adds comfort, while the outer heel loop aids in putting the boots on and taking them off.
Most VersatileThese boots for girls look just as great paired with skinny jeans as they do a long flowy dress.
Stomp Slip-On Waterproof Size 3 Girls' Boots
Designed for big kids, these size 3 girls' boots are made from 100% synthetic rubber. That makes them perfect for jumping in mud puddles and walking to the bus stop on a rainy day. Little ladies will love that the boots stand tall and have a wide 12.5-inch opening for easy dressing.
Tall BuildThese size 3 girls' boots are available in 19 different colors and patterns, including yellow, red, plum and camouflage.
Mid-Calf Winter Boots For Girls
The cold doesn't have to keep your kiddos from enjoying the great outdoors when you opt for these boots for girls. They reach mid-calf and contain a warm inner felt liner that is both removable and washable. The outer material is also waterproof, keeping snow, rain and mudpuddles from wetting your child's feet.
Attractive Colors and PatternsThe hook and loop closure on these boots for girls ensures a custom fit every time.
Koolaburra By UGG
Leather Victoria Boots For Girls
These leather girls’ black boots have a warm fur lining. The sole of the boot is made from rubber and provides good traction. The simple style works with any outfit.
100% LeatherThese black boots for girls are made from pure leather and have a fur lining.
What to Look For
- Good fit comes down to more than a length measurement. Touch or point to specific areas of the shoe and ask if the shoes pinch rub, or squeeze there or if they are loose in that area.
- Boots also have shaft sizes that indicate the height of the top of the boot. These are typically measured from the arch, and higher shaft sizes are recommended for particularly vigorous outdoor play.
- While some boots for girls incorporate higher heels, these can impede play and contribute to twisted ankles or falls. For playing outdoors, low, sturdy heels are recommended.
Boot For Girls Rankings
More to Explore
Sizing for children’s shoes starts with a range of 1 to 13 in baby or toddler sizes then transitions to sizes 1 to 7 in big kid or youth sizes.
From there, youth sizes transition directly to adult sizes.
While it may be tempting to keep your girl in kids’ shoe sizes as long as possible because they are less expensive, adult and children’s shoes are built to carry different amounts of weight. Once your little girl weighs more than 80 pounds, it’s time to transition her to adult shoes.