The Best Ant Spray
We looked at the top 10 Ant Sprays and dug through the reviews from 24 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Ant Sprays.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Indoor ant killers are not usually as potent as outdoor ant killers. This is because they typically have safety measures to keep humans and pets safe.
The most common types of indoor ant treatments are ant bait traps, powders and sprays. Sprays are the fastest and easiest to use, and they normally kill the ants on contact. Bait traps do not work on contact, and powders are made from Borax and have to be mixed with other ingredients.
Some sprays have repellents to keep the ants from coming back in the house; these create barriers. Non-repellent sprays allow the ants to walk through the spray and track it back to their colonies. This can poison the other ants, and that is a good thing. Other insect sprays contain toxic ingredients, so be extra careful to check for this before buying.
Our Picks For The Top Ant Sprays
- 1. Mighty Mint Extra Concentrated Indoor Ant & Insect Spray
- 2. STEM Plant Based Trigger Ant Spray
- 3. Ortho 4388710 Home Defense Max Fume Free Ant Spray
- 4. Raid Pet-Safe Lemongrass Ant Spray
- 5. Wondercide Child-Safe Fast Acting Ant Spray
- 6. Ecosmart 33507-01 Organic Pest & Ant Spray
- 7. Hot Shot HG-4480 4480 Non-Staining Aerosol Ant Spray
- 8. Raid Odorless Defense System Roach & Ant Barrier Spray
- 9. Kinzua Environmental Terminator All-Natural Bug & Ant Spray
- 10. mdxconcepts Organic Peppermint Oil Pest & Ant Spray
Extra Concentrated Indoor Ant & Insect Spray
Just a few sprays will kill most small insects, but this ant spray product works equally well as a preventative measure. A few sprays in key areas keep pests from coming back, and the peppermint aroma means it won't repel homeowners as well. This one is a solid solution for those with kids.
Long Lasting TreatmentA mint smell and natural ingredients make this a good fit for families.
Plant Based Trigger Ant Spray
This ant spray uses the power of plants to safely treat your home. You can spray it indoors and outdoors and even directly over your plants to create a bug barrier. It comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle and works within seconds to kill ants and other pesky insects.
Economical PickThis ant spray has a budget-friendly price tag.
4388710 Home Defense Max Fume Free Ant Spray
This spray kills ants, spiders, roaches and other pesky indoor insects. This ant spray doesn't cause fumes, and it creates a long-lasting barrier that can be effective for up to a whole year. Its angled sprayer easily targets hard-to-reach areas like crevices and cracks, so you can focus it on those hidden pests.
Fast and Very EffectiveRid your home of troublesome bugs and pests with this handy and less-smelly product.
Pet-Safe Lemongrass Ant Spray
If you have pets or are worried about small children, this ant spray can was formulated with the household health in mind. Its materials are meant to be non-toxic for everyone but the bugs. A spray in the right place will kill on contact or provide a lasting invisible fence against later insect incursions.
Pet-Safe MaterialsKill bugs with less toxicity by using this natural ant spray.
Why we recommend these ant sprays?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 10 Ant Sprays and also dug through the reviews from 24 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Ant Sprays.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- Try starting out with a non-toxic or organic ant spray first to see if this solves your infestation. It is always best to avoid chemicals and toxins where possible, and there are many more choices on the market than ever before.
- There are some natural insect repellents, but they will not usually work for ant infestations. Commercially prepared products are your best bet if your ant problem is out of control.
- Whatever you do, always read the instructions first before using insect sprays.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after spraying and cleaning up.
Ant Spray Rankings
More to Explore
Ants arrived on Earth more than 130 million years ago, and current estimates put their numbers at more than 10 quadrillion.
Ants are fairly smart creatures. They live in colonies that they build themselves. Some species are known to attack other colonies, kill the queens and use the survivors for forced labor. Imagine what they could do if they took over your entire home. Yikes!