Every now and then we spot a work-from-home job that seems just about perfect—no cold calls, flexible hours, a reputable company, paid training.
This job is one of them.
Right now, U-Haul is hiring part-time, work-from-home customer service agents. They’re also open to hiring temporary employees (we’re looking at you teachers and college students!).
They’re hiring people for their virtual call center, meaning you’ll take incoming customer calls. You’ll help customers before, during and after their rental of U-Haul equipment.
There are also positions available in roadside assistance and sales.
U-Haul is hiring both long-term and temporary employees. All the gigs are part time.
U-Haul didn’t say how much these positions paid, but in the past they’ve offered similar gigs for $10 an hour.
Here are the technical requirements of these positions, direct from the U-Haul job description:
– A non-wireless USB headset. A USB headset is required to be compatible with the phone system
– Broadband/high speed internet delivered to the home via a wired connection and a wired connection to the PC/Laptop inside the home. ISP Speeds: MINIMUM: 2MB upload 5MB download. RECOMMENDED: 5MB upload, 10MB download. PING below 70
– PC/Laptop: Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit. 4G RAM (minimum) 8G RAM (preferred) with 5GB hard disc space available (or greater). Core i3, equivalent or higher. Ethernet port or network adapter (for wired connection), Windows personal firewall
– Install/use the Company provided anti-virus software. When connected to VPN anti-virus policies are governed by UHI. When not connected to VPN anti-virus policies are governed by the user. This is a PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance requirement.
– Familiar with Windows-based computer programs
– 6 months of customer service experience (preferred)
– Communication and customer service skills
– Must be available to work at least 25 hours per week
– Flexibility for working hours
– Must be 16 years old or older
– Must currently be in school or have a high school diploma/GED
If these jobs sounds like they could be a good fit for you, visit the U-Haul careers website to apply now.