Important Update 11/19 12:15PM: Looks like these American Express jobs are no longer available. However, some of the Jackson Hewitt jobs mentioned below are still available.
Whether you need extra money this holiday season or, you know, all year long, you can easily make some money while working from the comfort of your home.
American Express is hiring remote customer service representatives, so if you’re great with people and able to work from home, this could be the job for you!
The official job title is “virtual customer care professional” and in this role you’ll be expected to answer customers’ questions over the phone while using your creative problem solving skills and delivering great service.
You’ll also need to have an understanding of the benefits that go along with choosing American Express, but don’t worry—there’s a two-week training program that should get you prepped to handle that.
As you work, you’ll constantly be striving to meet goals in customer survey results, average call handle time, schedule adherence and more, according to the job description.
In other words, this won’t be something that becomes boring over time.
Working from your couch all while constantly bettering your performance? Not a bad day’s work—if you ask us.
The best part? You’re eligible to apply for this job from nearly everywhere in the United States!
This position comes with a starting salary of $15.73 per hour, which should definitely help with your need for extra cash. Even better—if you meet those goals we discussed earlier, there are performance-based incentives given out monthly that will prove to you that your hard work paid off!
You’ll need high-speed internet and a landline to properly perform in this role, so keep that in mind before applying.
You’re considered eligible for this position so long as you don’t require a visa to work in the U.S. and as long as you live farther than 35 miles from an American Express office. The company has offices in Phoenix, Arizona, Salt Lake City, Utah and Sunrise, Florida. If you live near one of these offices, you can apply for an in-house position, instead.
Find more open positions on the American Express Careers page.
If you’re interested in applying for this job, you can do so on the American Express website. And remember, this is one of the many companies who’ll need extra hands this holiday season, so keep an eye out for seasonal gigs!
Jackson Hewitt Also Hiring
Tax season means there is work to be done, which means there are jobs available!
That includes at Jackson Hewitt, where they’re looking to fill several work-from-home jobs. And even better news? You don’t even need tax-filing experience.
The jobs are all full-time, but are seasonal and the longest they’ll last is six months. The job descriptions say the positions are located in Florida, but candidates from all 50 states will be considered, according to a company rep who spoke to The Penny Hoarder.
Pay ranges from $10.50-$15 an hour, so it could be a great job for some extra holiday cash.
Here’s a closer look at the job openings:
Client Care Representative
The client care representative will help customers over the phone or online.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of call center experience
- Great communication and data entry skills and the ability to remain professional and patient
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other tech systems
The escalations specialist will help with customer complaints, issues and service delivery failures.
- Two years of customer service experience, relevant escalations experience preferred
- Excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This job posting says the candidate will have the option to work from home, though it’s not specifically listed as a 100 percent remote job.
The real-time analyst manages the schedule for call center employees to make sure there is enough staffing for the expected volume of calls.
- At least one year of experience in a multi-channel call center and at least one year of experience in trend analysis
- Experience using spreadsheets and database software, like Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience using a major automatic call distribution system and forecasting/scheduling software
- Some college with mathematical or statistical coursework is desired
Operations Support Representative
There are two positions available within this job category—one is slightly more complex than the other. Read on to learn more.
The tier 1-level operations support representative will answer hardware and networking troubleshooting calls or web chats or escalate the problem to a tier-2 employee.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of tech support contact center experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer systems and the ability to learn new technology
The tier 2-level operations support representative will answer advanced hardware and networking troubleshooting problems from Jackson Hewitt franchise and corporate employees via phone calls or web chats.
- A high school diploma or GED and at least two years of tech support contact center experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft