It’s important to note upfront that Amazon requires that you MUST live in one of the following states in order to be eligible for these work from home positions: Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin or Virginia.
*If you don’t live in one of these states, see below for Other Amazon Employment Opportunities.
- You can work from the comfort of your own home and wear that new pair of flannel pajamas you bought for yourself.
- You can choose how many hours you work through Amazon’s Reserve program. This means you can work anywhere between one and 30 hours per week. The average number of hours worked is 12.
- The rate is $10 an hour.
From the official job description:
The ideal Seasonal Work from Home Amazonian is internet savvy and has technical aptitude when it comes to online tools and research. You will think outside the box, solve problems, answer questions, and resolve concerns presented by our Amazon customers. Our customers contact us primarily by phone and we hope you can help us deliver customer obsessed results.
Other job requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to take any shift Sunday through Saturday from 3:00 a.m. to midnight PST. During the holiday season, you may be asked to work additional hours or a holiday.
- For additional requirements check out the job posting here.
Think you have what it takes? Go here to apply.
Other Amazon Employment Opportunities
If you don’t live in one of the states above, but are still looking for work, I’d still recommend checking out Amazon’s job portal. After doing a quick search, there are additional employment opportunities in the following states:
California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Nevada and Texas.
Here’s how you do the search:
- Click here to go to their job portal.
- Click the word, “Search.”
- Select the job type, country and state. You can even narrow the search by entering your city.
- Click “Filter Jobs.”
I found roles that range from part-time Seasonal Associates, to Logistics Sorting Associates, Prime Now Associates, and more. Some positions are full-time, some are part-time.
If you’ve applied, work for Amazon or have worked for Amazon in the past, please tell us about your experiences on our Facebook page.
And Amazon is not the only company hiring for seasonal positions right now. A number of other retailers are looking for holiday help as well, including the following:
Another mighty retailer expecting a lot of jingling bells and cash registers—take a look through Kohl’s seasonal careers listings here.
The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Don't Waste Your Money may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.