Tired of commuting to work everyday? How about considering work from home? Sutherland Global Services wants customer support team members to fill work-from-home customer service positions.
According to the company’s official website, Sutherland Global Services was established in 1986. It has grown to become a global leader in business process outsourcing, taking care of customer interactions and other business processes for Fortune 500 customers.
If you’re interested in this job, apply here today.
Enthusiastic, Helpful People Needed
Work-from-home customer service employees help clients with their accounts during service phone calls. The company wants “enthusiastic, customer service professionals with the ability to connect with customers and succeed in delivering extraordinary service.”
Work From Home Customer Service Responsibilities
This is a part-time work from home customer service job with about 20 to 29 hours per week.
Sutherland provides a list of position responsibilities on its Indeed.com job posting, including:
- Support for general billing inquiries with the possibility of future upskill training for technical support inquiries
- Access customer records and verify customer account information
- Identify potential customer needs and recommend solutions based on those need
- Access customer databases, knowledge resources, and technical applications to determine root causes and resolution
- Interact with client departments (test desk, field service, dispatch) regarding escalations
- Schedule a technician visit when an issue cannot be resolved via traditional troubleshooting method
- Process customer payments using credit or debit card
- Place follow-up calls to customers to ensure their needs are met in an efficient manner
- Attend job-related training: new hire and refresher training, new product or service updates, and product cross-training
What Qualifications Do You Need?
Do you have what it takes to join the Sutherland team? Here is a rundown of the qualifications the company is looking for in its candidates:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic PC keyboarding skills; Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Direct client contact technical support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-diagnosis and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills, showcased through the use of several applications
- Experience working with CRM applications (preferred)
Also, work From Home employees also need to provide their own home office equipment. Minimum requirements include:
- 2.0 Ghz Dual Core or better processor
- 2 GB RAM (some employment opportunities require a minimum of 4 GB RAM)
- 10 GB available hard drive space
- Sound card
Windows 7, including Windows 8 and 8.1
(Note: some employment opportunities are available for consultants with only Windows Vista installed)
- Dual ear (designed to minimize audio interference from outside sources)
- Noise cancelling microphone
Minimum Internet speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 15 Mbps download. Your connection must in all cases continuously support outstanding call quality and high speed interactive response rates while working with client tools.
We were not paid to write this story. Our team scours the internet looking for tips, tricks and products that can help you save time and money. However, we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase from one of the retailers mentioned in this story.