Job alert! We’ve scouted out a work-from-home, customer service job that pays full benefits. (Because commuting from your bedroom to your home office beats rush-hour traffic jams).
Support.com, a computer-tech company that provides online support, just put up a job posting for a “client service representative.” The pay for this full-time job that’s 100 percent work-from-home is $11 an hour, which is on the lower end of the payscale, but this job has great benefits.
We’ve been keeping tabs on these types of work-at-home jobs, and other companies that are hiring customer support employees include AAA, American Express, Cigna, Hilton and Sutherland Global Services.
The entry-level position at Support.com comes with a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401(k) plan, paid time off and an employee stock purchase plan. Plus, there are extra hours available if you want to work overtime, and the company says promotions are available.
The job requires handling customer calls and helping troubleshoot problems. Other job responsibilities include making calls to touch base with new customers to determine whether they’re satisfied or need help with anything, resolving customer complaints in a calm manner.
Some of the required skills include:
- communicating technical directions over the phone with inexperienced computer users,
- strong organizational skills
- active learning skills
- the ability to type 30 to 40 words per minute
The desired qualifications for the job include:
- one year of related experience in customer service or technical support fields
- an understanding of technologies such as cable modems, routers and printers
- knowledge of computers, smart phones and tablets.
- the ability to pass a technical test and background check
For this job, you’ll need to have a computer that meets certain specifications, as well as an internet connection, a corded, noise-canceling headset, antivirus software, and a webcam for I-9 visual compliance.
Training for this job is paid.
You can find more job openings at Support.com here.